How Open Are You to Trading Eichel? A Methodical Approach.

How open are you to trading Eichel?

• Total voters

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
It's far more likely to be somewhere between the completely underwhelming ROR type package or something even worse
I think this situation is very different in:
1. The blowback from the ROR trade still lingers;
2. ROR was seen as a 2nd line C;
3. We had Happy Jack as our franchise player; and
4. The Sabres weren't running the risk of alienating the fanbase for years to come.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I think this situation is very different in:
1. The blowback from the ROR trade still lingers;
2. ROR was seen as a 2nd line C;
3. We had Happy Jack as our franchise player; and
4. The Sabres weren't running the risk of alienating the fanbase for years to come.

Other teams know these guys want out and aren't going to offer good value since the team is employing a rookie GM, a skeleton crew staff, and clueless ownership treating the team as a vanity project

Beyond that, Reinhart and Risto are a year from UFA and they've already made it clear they're walking

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Other teams know these guys want out and aren't going to offer good value since the team is employing a rookie GM, a skeleton screw staff, and clueless ownership treating the team as a vanity project

Beyond that, Reinhart and Risto are a year from UFA and they've already made it clear they're walking

Even after a potential Eichel trade - I'm good with hanging onto both Risto/Reinhart until the TDL.

I dont think either has drastically more value this summer unless some team wants to go crazy.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Even after a potential Eichel trade - I'm good with hanging onto both Risto/Reinhart until the TDL.

I dont think either has drastically more value this summer unless some team wants to go crazy.
I think Reinhart has ROR value 1.0 before the draft.

Risto is probably most valuable 50% retained at the TDL.

Reactions: elchud

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think Reinhart has ROR value 1.0 before the draft.

Risto is probably most valuable 50% retained at the TDL.

Reinhart is not as established as ROR was & we weren't in the middle of a worldwide financial crisis in 2015.

We also potentially overpayed for ROR at the time (according to some - not me).

I'd be gobsmacked if Reinhart returned three good prospects plus a late R1/early R2.

I'm thinking it's more likely a pick of equivalent value... Which he'd also get at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad