How Open Are You to Trading Eichel? A Methodical Approach.

How open are you to trading Eichel?

• Total voters

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Buffalo would be crazy to trade him right now. He has no trade value at all - who wants someone with a neck injury?

Just keep him until he proves himself and the value goes up or prepare to be disappointed with the return.

There is no upside for the Sabres to trade Eichel this summer.

ClassicBusiness

Mar 20, 2012
Teams never get good value when a star openly wants out... and is injured to compound that fact.. We would get a disappointing return if traded now..

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I just came here to say we should really be open to all possibilities. It could be a blessing in disguise with the injury (long term issues?), and the coup we can receive. There is a chance that trading Jack can actually accelerate the rebuild.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I just came here to say we should really be open to all possibilities. It could be a blessing in disguise with the injury (long term issues?), and the coup we can receive. There is a chance that trading Jack can actually accelerate the rebuild.
you think he will yield much if there is along term issue?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo would be crazy to trade him right now. He has no trade value at all - who wants someone with a neck injury?

Just keep him until he proves himself and the value goes up or prepare to be disappointed with the return.

You forgot one thing. Eichel’s NMC kicks in next summer. That will significantly hurt his value if he only wants to go to a select few teams.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Tavares left and the Islanders got better. This isn’t a nightmare situation at all, just get a great return back. We have the face of the franchise ready to explode next season in Dahlin. Eichel wants out, so be it.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Tavares left and the Islanders got better. This isn’t a nightmare situation at all, just get a great return back. We have the face of the franchise ready to explode next season in Dahlin. Eichel wants out, so be it.

who’s giving up a “great return” for a player with a serious long term injury that he may never recover from?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

When Tavares left the Islanders, Barzal had just completed an 85-point rookie season playing center, then the Islanders brought in Lou who then hired Trotz

Even pretending to compare the Sabres to the Islanders situation is laughable

When Eichel and Reinhart are traded, the Sabres will be looking at Mittelstadt and Cozens as their #1 and #2 centers, Kim Pegula as President, Kevyn Adams as GM, and will most likely take the interim tag of Granato lmfao

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
When Tavares left the Islanders, Barzal had just completed an 85-point rookie season playing center, then the Islanders brought in Lou who then hired Trotz

Even pretending to compare the Sabres to the Islanders situation is laughable

When Eichel and Reinhart are traded, the Sabres will be looking at Mittelstadt and Cozens as their #1 and #2 centers, Kim Pegula as President, Kevyn Adams as GM, and will most likely take the interim tag of Granato lmfao
Well, it is quite possible to consider that Mittelstadt will have an 85-point season and that they will invite a competent coach. :laugh:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

A player like Eichel doesn't lose much value. He's a bonifide superstar. These guys don't get traded especially at age 24.

Reactions: SundherDome

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
Up until today , I've been a staunch supporter of Eichel . Not anymore . I watched that 24 minute interview and couldn't believe what I was hearing . I can't imagine that any fan of this team could have felt any better than I did .
As a Buffalo sports fan , I'm not sure when we'll see absolute rock bottom .

Reactions: Eichel9

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
Forcing him to stay is a recipe for disaster. Trade him in the off-season, don't keep players around that don't want to be here. It'll just poison the next batch of prospects.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Wow... After nearly 40 years, the intelligence quotient of the old NHL Colorado Rockies owner/management team has been re-established in Western New York.

(It's ancient history but I was a direct observer of the last Rockies season back in 1982... What a barn burner.)

Yes, by all means trade your best player (s) off for a handful of also rans. And like the Rockies, make it a continuing thing to do (Heck, Sabres have already started that trend with RoR).

It always works out for the best.... :sarcasm: :facepalm:

Last edited:

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
You almost have no choice but to at least be open to it after hearing what he had to say today. That's a guy who is very pissed off and trying to remain professional.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
you think he will yield much if there is along term issue?

It's only long term until it's been long term. Meaning, he could have a surgery or rehab and be cleared to play just fine. Then it becomes chronic and he's out again, and then again and never feels 110%. By then he's long gone after the trade was done.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'd like to thank Jack for being very clear that he wants off the team. No extrapolation or interpolation necessary.

Same for Sam.

Risto...keep him. He helps the tank, and he can be flipped at the trade deadline. And damn it all, I like the guy, always have always will. That golden goal was the first time I ever watched the WJCs.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Just watched his presser, along with Sam's & Risto's....

Gulp.

If he does want out so badly & the injury doesn't tank his value... It absolutely makes sense to move him before his NMC is activated & before the rot sets in further.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
If it happens - I'd expect any return to be somewhere in between the completely unrealistic Lindros type package, or the completely underwhelming ROR type package.

It's far more likely to be somewhere between the completely underwhelming ROR type package or something even worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad