How much of your actual money would you give up to get McDavid?

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
Just what we need, NHL teams starting Patreon accounts to obtain players, lol.

This would actually be hilarious, Vancouver could actually get a good player

I'd pay maybe 300 bucks if he played in KHL Jokerit for 10 years or so, as the season tickets only cost 300, so adding another 30 on that wouldn't be much

TMLFOREVER**

May 8, 2017
My friend brought up an interesting question, how much of your own money would you give up to have McDavid on your team for free? No cap hit. He said he'd give up thousands but he's an extreme fan of McDavid, I was surprised as that's a lot of money.

I'd give my whole $57. 63 to get him. I am ok with eating Kraft dinner.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
My friend brought up an interesting question, how much of your own money would you give up to have McDavid on your team for free?

Would be cool to see him play in a beer league. I could hang out with him after games, probably get laid riding shotgun.

I'd pay... $400.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
100 dollars or so since it would be pretty fun if he had to play the rest of his career in the SHL.

If I got to take credit for it I could give everything(not that it's very much in the first place^^) I own as im sure the "free" beer and credit I would get in return from fellow Linköping fans would be more than enough compensation.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
My friend brought up an interesting question, how much of your own money would you give up to have McDavid on your team for free? No cap hit. He said he'd give up thousands but he's an extreme fan of McDavid, I was surprised as that's a lot of money.

As a Coyotes fan, I don't like the part about no cap hit. I'd pay $500, but only with the promise of at least the full McDavid cap hit to get us to the salary floor.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
$0
I have better things to do with my money and time. I watch hockey for entertainment and to escape the grind of real life. But I always want to go back.

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
$0. I have a feeling he's built to little to withstand the pounding. Every team watched Kesel own him most of that series. Plus they all played him and know him now. Sid is built like a tank...and has had to deal with huge hits and cheap shots that took him out. Think that's not coming for McDavid? Is he built strong enough to take it? Giroux is smallish also and the games roughness clearly took a huge toll on him. He too was praised as "the greatest player". I would rather have a Matthews who already has complete game and a grit that Connor lacks. So for now, I'd pay zero.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If I got recognition for being the guy that brought a player like that to a franchise? Probably what I could save up in a year. I'd never have to buy lunch when I visited Montreal, although things might be tense in Edmonton.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The $0 people are weird. You wouldn't even give up couch cushion change to improve something that you spend all day talking about on a message board substantially?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I'd take one for the team at $1500. Then try to win it back gambling on Jets Stanley Cup wins.

All you people who said $0 are crazy. Not $1? Really? For your favourite team?

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Reverse the question by would you accept to go to more game or pay a bit more for the tickets if McDavid played for free (probably turning your team in the best team in the league) and I'm not sure everyone would be saying no.

Specially people saying they are spending a lot on hockey (so you would not pay 610$ a year instead of 600$ a year for better hockey ?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad