Speculation: How much is Schenn going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
The main board thread on Schenn's arbitration is like watching somebody try to navigate through a mine field. Not that it's any different than any other thread on the main boards but holy ****, there is some insane stuff being said in that thread lol

I read some of it and it was take over by Leaf fans explaining why people shouldn't think Schenn is better than Kadri.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The one resident Flyer hater seemed surprised when he was outed for being a hater ?

He does that every time. He says something to get a reaction, gets it, then plays dumb when called upon for it. Rinse, cycle, & repeat.

I really don't care about the Pens, Rangers, & Devils that much to spend as much time on them as he does with the Flyers.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
He does that every time. He says something to get a reaction, gets it, then plays dumb when called upon for it. Rinse, cycle, & repeat.

I really don't care about the Pens, Rangers, & Devils that much to spend as much time on them as he does with the Flyers.

He is truly something else.

If you look back one would argue Flyers fans should be prejudiced against New Jersey.

The Lindross injury.
Two Stanley Cup wins for the Devils.
Many games in which the Flyers dominated and the Devils won.

:huh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Really doesn't sound like that'll be a resolution. Seems like arbitration is gonna be the way. I guess Schenn has confidence in himself.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Isn't the meeting at like 930? Not sure I categorize that as "lots of time" neither sides seem to want to budge.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
If the Flyers decide to trade Schenn with two years of control, what could they realistically get in return? 1st rounder + top 25 prospect + current young NHLer with a reasonable ceiling?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If the Flyers decide to trade Schenn with two years of control, what could they realistically get in return? 1st rounder + top 25 prospect + current young NHLer with a reasonable ceiling?

Probably not all three of those, but he really shouldn't be traded unless someone is overpaying for him which I don't see happening.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
ROR is the comparable but he was a better, more valuable player IMO. He was traded with one year left till he became a FA.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Johansson signed with minutes to spare before his hearing, Im sure they're working til the last second.

Hope this is the case, I'm team Hexy all the way but this sure doesn't seem like a situation that needs to go to a arbitrator unless there are some bad things going on behind the scenes.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't see a deal happening, but I'm going to say after arbitration it'll be 2 years at 5.1MM per year. Then we don't have to deal with this BS next year.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don't see a deal happening, but I'm going to say after arbitration it'll be 2 years at 5.1MM per year. Then we don't have to deal with this BS next year.

Flyers won't pick 2 years would they ? If the do I assume it will be to trade him.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Flyers won't pick 2 years would they ? If the do I assume it will be to trade him.

Why wouldn't they pick 2? I was talking to a guy on Twitter, said Flyers already chose the Term, so they'll take 2 years.

Why does everyone want him traded?

Is 2 years at 5ish million a year so bad? Why can't they just sign him again? There isn't a law against it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why wouldn't they pick 2? I was talking to a guy on Twitter, said Flyers already chose the Term, so they'll take 2 years.

Why does everyone want him traded?

Is 2 years at 5ish million a year so bad? Why can't they just sign him again? There isn't a law against it.

Isn't he a UFA after 2 ? I would prefer another show me 1 year.

I don't want him traded, I will go to 5.5 for him. Also don't want him walking away in 2 years either.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Closer to UFA and diminishes his trade value, can't see how either of those is a positive??

CSN says meeting is at 9 am

Not the end of the world, pending UFA's resign with their current clubs all the time, it isn't a foregone conclusion he will leave and if he does, he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad