Speculation: How much is Schenn going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Start him on the the line in camp and then he stuck right in hexy mouth. We all agree 5 mil yet hexy doesn't really want to pay a core piece or it would have been done along time ago.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Start him on the the line in camp and then he stuck right in hexy mouth. We all agree 5 mil yet hexy doesn't really want to pay a core piece or it would have been done along time ago.

How do you know it isn't a NTC or NMC holding things up ??

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
It is not about Hextall wanting and not wanting to pay it. It is about Hextall and Schenn's agent setting anchors for the negotiation and for the arbitrator's decision and about half a million people told you that. Repeatedly.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It is not about Hextall wanting and not wanting to pay it. It is about Hextall and Schenn's agent setting anchors for the negotiation and for the arbitrator's decision and about half a million people told you that. Repeatedly.
don't care what people say. Pay the man Hexy. Simple as that and don't argue about it.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
don't care what people say. Pay the man Hexy. Simple as that and don't argue about it.

person A states a weird opinion on how reality works. Person B explains to person A how reality actually works. Person A says I DONT CARE HOW REALITY WORKS.

What the actual hell :laugh: Not arguing. Genuinely laughing

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
person A states a weird opinion on how reality works. Person B explains to person A how reality actually works. Person A says I DONT CARE HOW REALITY WORKS.

What the actual hell :laugh: Not arguing. Genuinely laughing
Jesus if you don't think I don't know how negotiating goes then whatever but all I'm saying is heexy gave slow coots a contract on what he thinks he'll be and Schenn was told to go earn it when he could have gave the same contract to schenn as coots got but now hexy is playing with a kid that stuck it in his ass. If anything for schenn being a solid player and not a whiner he should get A little more than 5.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Jesus if you don't think I don't know how negotiating goes then whatever but all I'm saying is heexy gave slow coots a contract on what he thinks he'll be and Schenn was told to go earn it when he could have gave the same contract to schenn as coots got but now hexy is playing with a kid that stuck it in his ass. If anything for schenn being a solid player and not a whiner he should get A little more than 5.

Again, you have no proof that Hextall didn't offer the same deal...or more to Schenn and it was SCHENN who turned it down. None.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How much a player makes is as much to do with timing as his importance to the team.
What a player makes has nothing to do with how the team handled his development.

One player excelled as a center in the minors and was a top ten pick. He is played as a center from day one and given a singular focus for his first couple of seasons. Play a defensive shut down role. Ridiculously tough minutes but a defined role. He isn't expected to stepped up his offensive production for several seasons.

Another player excelled as a center in the minors and was a top ten pick. He never is given a shot to play center. He is bounced around between lines and linemmates. He is asked to play a style he isn't comfortable with and takes time for him to find a niche. Despite this his production increased each year.

Schenn was given plenty of chances to play center, but he never excelled there. Your narrative isnt based on reality.

His best season was the one where he only played center due to injuries.

http://puckbase.com/player/brayden-schenn

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Again, you have no proof that Hextall didn't offer the same deal...or more to Schenn and it was SCHENN who turned it down. None.

Also important to remember that it isn't Schenn negotiating, it's his agent. I think some people forget that at times.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Schenn was given plenty of chances to play center, but he never excelled there. Your narrative isnt based on reality.

His best season was the one where he only played center due to injuries.

http://puckbase.com/player/brayden-schenn

I opened the attachment but I didn't see where it broke down his production at center. I have watched every Flyers game and I can't recall any stretch where he played center outside of when the team had injuries at which time I am not even sure who his linemmates were.

I am not sure if you trying to be dramatic but it really isnt a narrative as much as an observation.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This just screams a Hexy middle of the night extension. Quite confident we wake to a deal all parties are happy with.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
There was a time when the prevailing narrative was "Schenn was given plenty of opportunities at wing and never excelled there".

The reality is that Schenn is actually a versatile player, and I highly doubt a deep analysis of his performance would yield any great disparity in production at any one position. He played wing for just about the entirety of this season, but his increase in production wasn't because of his position... it was because he took a step forward as a hockey player. I don't think it's been demonstrated that changes in his position are causally linked to changes in his production.

It's why I still think there's a possibly future for him at center if the team's composition allows for it. For now, we don't really have the roster flexibility to have him at center without screwing him or another center over with linemates, so it doesn't make much sense. But if we ever had the depth to roll with a 2a/2b kind of set up with the second and third lines then I think Schenn at C could still happen.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I opened the attachment but I didn't see where it broke down his production at center. I have watched every Flyers game and I can't recall any stretch where he played center outside of when the team had injuries at which time I am not even sure who his linemmates were.

I am not sure if you trying to be dramatic but it really isnt a narrative as much as an observation.

He was at C with Hartnell and Simmonds as his wingers....dubbed the Legion of Dumb....and they played well.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/archive/index.php/t-1583879.html

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
The main board thread on Schenn's arbitration is like watching somebody try to navigate through a mine field. Not that it's any different than any other thread on the main boards but holy ****, there is some insane stuff being said in that thread lol

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Do we get arbitrators decision tomorrow or is that just when he hears the arguments? Anyone know?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The main board thread on Schenn's arbitration is like watching somebody try to navigate through a mine field. Not that it's any different than any other thread on the main boards but holy ****, there is some insane stuff being said in that thread lol

You don't like the Schenn to Vancouver thread where the OP is offering up about ten of their finest spare parts? :laugh:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Hextall doesn't actually believe the arbitrator will go with his contract, does he? Seems to me like the pressure is on Hexy to get a deal done because if the arb takes Schenn's contract it would be the suck for Hexy and he should know this. Right?

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Hextall doesn't actually believe the arbitrator will go with his contract, does he? Seems to me like the pressure is on Hexy to get a deal done because if the arb takes Schenn's contract it would be the suck for Hexy and he should know this. Right?

It's not one or the other, most likely would meet in the middle, although the arb can award any amount they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad