How much cap space do we have?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
i haven't agreed with anything said in this thread by the person advocating trading Provorov.

IF he's not an exceptional dman than nobody in the Flyers system is or will be one.

terrible idea

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Oh please. Sanheim gudas and ghost can take on more minutes. Myers played like 50 minutes in an AHL playoff game last season.
There's a difference between taking on minutes here and there and being able to do it day in day out. Few players can do it with ease, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson are guys that can do that, Provorov too. Very good players like Sanheim and Ghost play their best with Provorov because he does a lot of little things well. I think his skillset is the most irreplaceable, albeit not the most dynamic.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I know I am going to get killed for this but the flyers will expose one of ghost, Sanheim Myers and Provorov in the expansion draft. Unlike the overwhelming consensus I have Sanheim> Ghost>Myers> Provorov .

If we could trade Provorov for Zibanejad or another top line forward I would do it . The forward we would trade for we could protect in the expansion draft .

I also think it would help us attract Panarin or Stone. I could see Panarin or Stone excited to play on a team with Couturier, Zibanejad and Patrick at center with Voracek, Giroux, JVR, TK as wingers.

Provorov for Z? No friggin way!

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
giphy.gif

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I know I am going to get killed for this but the flyers will expose one of ghost, Sanheim Myers and Provorov in the expansion draft. Unlike the overwhelming consensus I have Sanheim> Ghost>Myers> Provorov .

If we could trade Provorov for Zibanejad or another top line forward I would do it . The forward we would trade for we could protect in the expansion draft .

I also think it would help us attract Panarin or Stone. I could see Panarin or Stone excited to play on a team with Couturier, Zibanejad and Patrick at center with Voracek, Giroux, JVR, TK as wingers.

Insanity

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016

Provorov is coming off some of his best games this week. Playing near 30 minutes a game. And you have a AHL D-man who has yet to play an NHL game rated higher than him. The anti-Provorov sentiment on this board caused by the Gostisbehere love is getting ridiculous.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Provorov objectively is bad on tbe pp. His corsi has never been very good. I just don't think he is a star. He is a good dman but nothing special or great. He gets treated on these boards like a god who is a building block and untradable . I don't see it. He is a good dman.

Wow..... stop it wit the CORSI. He is the Flyers leading minutes eater on the blueline and tied for goals scored by d-men last year in the NHL without getting PP time. Did you see his play this week? IF you do not understand the upside to Provorov then I just cant help you.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As for cap space:

$67,198,333 cap hit for 11 F, 7D, 2 G. Weise buried in the AHL.

If the cap is $83m, that would leave just under $16m in cap space to fill three roster spots.

JVR-Giroux-Konecny(5)
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton(3)-Patrick-
NAK(0.75)-Vorobyev-Bailey(0.75)

Provorov(6.5)-Sanheim(3)
Ghost-Gudas
Morin-Hagg
MacDonald

Hart
Stolarz(1)

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
How about not trading any of the young d-men unless its in a package where you get a top paring D-man back which is highly unlikely thing? Or if you get an elite forward; and I mean elite. This excludes Hagg. Who I like but see him being the odd man out.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Rough estimates for me are provy 7 tk 5 laughton gets less than raffl and sanheim a 2 or 3 year deal on the cheap. All nhl ufas walk though i could go either way on vex varone and ghoul. I like the idea of having a set ahl vet core but fletch is going to pick his own guys.

Hart is my guy going forward so id be looking at veteran 1b options and that means one of lyon or Stolarz has to go. Stolie is rfa and has more value but o have no real problem moving either.

Last year the paxil plan was kovy bozak and green. I thought some short term depth would continue getting the youth playoff experience. I think the depth comes from within at this point but we have the cap to swing for the fences if the right player is available

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It kills me to see Provorov get his hypothetical 7 year x $6.5 mil deal or whatever and then “Sandy” is an afterthought to get bridged. How can someone watch Sanheim and not want that long term deal that looks super cheap in a season or two? That bugs me as part of a larger thing that bugs me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad