How much cap space do we have?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Leading a bad Carolina team isnt an accomplishment. That's like saying Bracco is worth Frost because they are both the teams best forward prospects.

Werenski is great on the PP, and thats important. But we dont need Provorov to be great there, because we have Ghost, and hopefully, Sanheim soon. Im on board with the idea that Provorov should not be playing on the pp. We're in agreement there.

His 5v5 scoring is because he plays much easier minutes, and generally speaking, has been playing with much better partners, on much better teams.

This honestly isnt even worth discussing with you anymore. I'm glad you have a crystal ball that has every other Flyers D man and prospect turning out better than Provorov, despite none of them being better now, including a player who hasnt even set foot on NHL ice. You don't think Provorov is an exceptionally good d-man, and that's ok, I guess..? But I've got a good feeling your paddling that boat alone.

He led Carolina in points as a dman. Carolina was garbage but we weren't last year?

I get that I am alone on an island on this. But this idea that Provorov is another level than both Hanifin and Werenki and akin to Seth Jones is a homerism I refuse to subscribe to .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He led Carolina in points as a dman. Carolina was garbage but we weren't last year?

I get that I am alone on an island on this. But this idea that Provorov is another level than both Hanifin and Werenki and akin to Seth Jones is a homerism I refuse to subscribe to .

He did what, now?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
He did what, now?

No dman on Carolina had more points than Hanifin last year . He led their dmen in points as a 21 or 22 year old. Apparently it is meaningless and not impressive since Carolina is garbage and he is not Provorov.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I think we're all going to be surprised by what kind of contract Provorov gets. If they're going to pay him $6- $7 million on a long term deal, which would be more than Hanifin(6 yr. $4.95 AAV signed in August) and Jones (6 yr. $5.4 signed in 2016) then they're paying for a future top 3 Norris candidate for a while. I could see a 2 year bridge at $4.75- $5.25 with the expectation this is the fluke year coming off a shoulder injury. He's a confident kid, so I could see him betting on himself to be better and get paid.

Reactions: backburner

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No dman on Carolina had more points than Hanifin last year . He led their dmen in points as a 21 or 22 year old. Apparently it is meaningless and not impressive since Carolina is garbage and he is not Provorov.

Well, thats not what you said. You said he led Carolina in points, which just isnt true.

Being the highest scoring D man on the team doesnt mean youre a great d man, either. Hanifins defensive game was largely in question by anyone who watched him. His OZS% is through the roof - exceptionally higher than Provorov's- and yet he still counldnt outscore him.

Like i said - I get it, you dont think Provorov is anything better than good. Youre entitled to your opinion. It's just a garbage one, thats all.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Well, thats not what you said. You said he led Carolina in points, which just isnt true.

Being the highest scoring D man on the team doesnt mean youre a great d man, either. Hanifins defensive game was largely in question by anyone who watched him. His OZS% is through the roof - exceptionally higher than Provorov's- and yet he still counldnt outscore him.

Like i said - I get it, you dont think Provorov is anything better than good. Youre entitled to your opinion. It's just a garbage one, thats all.

The flyers system led to tons of points from the dman last season. All of the shots were from on high and the forwards were constantly passing and setting up the dman. He was behind Ghost in points . Also, I doubt Provorov will ever score that many points again - certainly he will never score that many goals again. Hanifin this season is second in dman points on his team behind the great Giordano.

It is not obvious at all that provorov is better than Hanifin. On these boards it is heresy to even suggest that Hanifin might be better .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The flyers system led to tons of points from the dman last season. All of the shots were from on high and the forwards were constantly passing and setting up the dman. He was behind Ghost in points . Also, I doubt Provorov will ever score that many points again - certainly he will never score that many goals again. Hanifin this season is second in dman points on his team behind the great Giordano.

It is not obvious at all that provorov is better than Hanifin. On these boards it is heresy to even suggest that Hanifin might be better .

Ok, im convinced. Provorov will be lucky to crack our future top 4.

Reactions: Rebels57

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
source.gif

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
To add some info on Werenski vs Provy.

Since they entered the league, Provy has 77 ES points. Werenski has 71.

PP points don't count clearly. Also, Provorov has played more games and I am going to guess more minutes.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
PP points don't count clearly. Also, Provorov has played more games and I am going to guess more minutes.
Of course PP points matter. And you will find no Flyer fan saying
Provy is better on the PP.

I just wanted to show that at ES, Werenski has not been far better than Provy offensively like some think.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Of course PP points matter. And you will find no Flyer fan saying
Provy is better on the PP.

I just wanted to show that at ES, Werenski has not been far better than Provy offensively like some think.

Wat, plenty of people here act as if PP points don’t count.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The idea we can sum up the future of Provorov in his third season is ridiculous. Defense is a difficult position to master - most don't hit their prime until 28ish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->