How much are we going to have to pay Garland.

How much AAV?

• Total voters

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
That was the clutch and grab era though when everyone was desperate to develop a true power forward like Bertuzzi, Iginla and Doan. Not really typical developmental paths and in a different time.

I remember doing a study which showed two step changes in an average player's development: the first typically at 100 games (becoming an established performer) and then up again again at ~250 (excelling). This is what we're seeing now with Dvorak (267) Keller (258) Chychrun (255) and Schmaltz (270) and we can probably expect another step up still to come from Garland(135).

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That was the clutch and grab era though when everyone was desperate to develop a true power forward like Bertuzzi, Iginla and Doan. Not really typical developmental paths and in a different time.

I remember doing a study which showed two step changes in an average player's development: the first typically at 100 games (becoming an established performer) and then up again again at ~250 (excelling). This is what we're seeing now with Dvorak (267) Keller (258) Chychrun (255) and Schmaltz (270) and we can probably expect another step up still to come from Garland(135).
Great points on player development and the time it takes. We should look at Hayton this way as well, once he has 100 NHL games, or should I say if, we will know more then. Until then, its hard to say (Gormley/Runblad etc).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00