How much are we going to have to pay Garland.

How much AAV?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just putting something out there, but Garland's Monster half season in Tuscon that got him promoted was with Varady as HC in his first season. Garland's first monster season in the NHL (so far) is with Varady on the staff here.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Just putting something out there, but Garland's Monster half season in Tuscon that got him promoted was with Varady as HC in his first season. Garland's first monster season in the NHL (so far) is with Varady on the staff here.

We know. And it’s mind blowing that RT hasn’t been shown the door and give Varady a shot.

that is of course unless BA already has a choice in mind and that choice is currently employed by another team.

if RT does come back next year, I have a toaster in mind that I’m gonna use after our bathroom remodel is done

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think Calgary would laugh at that.

I think they are retooling and trying to figure out of the Tkachuk retool is better than the Gaudreau retool. I think if you offer them pieces to go towards on rather than the other they could have a quick re-tool

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think they are retooling and trying to figure out of the Tkachuk retool is better than the Gaudreau retool. I think if you offer them pieces to go towards on rather than the other they could have a quick re-tool
They are thinking of trading Gaudreau who is a significant upgrade on Keller and makes less. Why would anyone consider trading a heart and soul guy for a small perimeter player who makes the same money and produces less?? Its a pipedream from Coyote fans.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Keller and Hayton are both younger than Tkachuk and are both ready to contribute right now today. The two of them make an intriguing package to any team for any player.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m still all for trading Hayton and Keller for Tkachuk, Bennett and Rinaldo lol
In a heartbeat. Doubt the Flames would...Johnny and Keller would make Calgary as soft as the Coyotes. Crouse would need to be added.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller and Hayton are both younger than Tkachuk and are both ready to contribute right now today. The two of them make an intriguing package to any team for any player.
Hayton can't make our team, let alone talking about contributing.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hayton this season 25gp 2 goals 5 assists 7 pts

Yep, 7pts in 25gp for the 5th overall in his Draft +3 year is remarkably bad. Jenik is only 1pt behind him, but he's also played 19 less games

0.28 p/gp is not great...not good really if you're hired to score.

But consider this, Shane Doan scored 0.23 p/gp his first season (74 games) and only 0.19 his 2nd season (63 games).

Perhaps we need more patience...me included.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

But consider this, Shane Doan scored 0.23 p/gp his first season (74 games) and only 0.19 his 2nd season (63 games).

And what choice do we have? Other than Dvo, what other true centers do we have in the organization anywhere close to taking a top six role? If we can't use him in a deal for a legit, young, top line scorer, there's zero reason to move on from him at this point. Gotta hope he develops.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

I think both of those Doan seasons would have been before Hayton's current age though. And with a little more competition for ice time.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doan was almost traded to the Isles for Robert Reichel he was such a disappointment early in. AZ offered Isles a choice between Brad Isbister and Doan and they took Isbister.

Reactions: MIGs Dog and RemoAZ

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Garland has battled just about everything to get there.

He is our best player.

I really hope that GMBA finds the right way to get this done.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan was almost traded to the Isles for Robert Reichel he was such a disappointment early in. AZ offered Isles a choice between Brad Isbister and Doan and they took Isbister.
Doan's first four years were painful, no doubt. It takes many players five years before they break out.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doan's first four years were painful, no doubt. It takes many players five years before they break out.
Not everyone is going to step into the lineup and pot 76 goals. How many years did we wait for Selanne to make the jump from the Finnish league and even then we had to match a offer from the Flames. 4-5 years? And in that time he had military service. A broken leg. Zhannov. Same thing. 4-5 years and at least double the number of that in agents who claimed to represent him.

Patience and process. this is why fixing our AHL team has always been a priority. Now we get to see if those changes will pay off.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad