How much are we going to have to pay Garland.

How much AAV?

• Total voters

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
See title.
Missing lots of $ in the poll...I expect he will get around Dvorak money. Of course, term matters. Does he take a shorter term with less money and hope to continue to put up numbers and then cash in OR does he go for security now.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's going to argue he's worth more than Keller, and he'll be absolutely right.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
$50-million-pallet.jpg

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
5.5 per, 3 years

fingers crossed :)

I want to eat more UFA years. Want him until he is 30 at least. I feel a bridge deal would be a slap in the face after his 2x 750 "show me" deal. He is a kid we developed ground up, BA covers these players. Him being smaller worries me to an extent but he wouldn't be the first to be successful at his size. I think it has to be around Keller's deal.

Reactions: _Del_

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
I want to eat more UFA years. Want him until he is 30 at least. I feel a bridge deal would be a slap in the face after his 2x 750 "show me" deal. He is a kid we developed ground up, BA covers these players. Him being smaller worries me to an extent but he wouldn't be the first to be successful at his size. I think it has to be around Keller's deal.

Completely understand. I just expect BA to give him a deal that is mutually beneficial to both sides. A new front office asking the player to prove he’s a consistent top 6 player and the player wanting to cash in at UFA/28. (Hello Boston Bruins :( )

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One interesting wrinkle is Garland's agent only has two clients .... Garland and Michael Haley.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If he keeps playing this way his agent will ask for 7.1-8M based on Keller. BA will come back and sayhe doesn't like that contract and wouldn't have given it out. They'll settle somewhere under 7M and above 6M.

Or maybe Garland will want to bet on himself and take 4M bridge deal that takes him UFA.

How many years out is he from UFA? 2?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Feels like we are seeing more and more one line teams and it's bringing them success. Good for the product too as that makes more super stars kinda like the NBA. Hockey will never to be quite like basketball in that way but having a stacked top line and enough depth on the other three / good role players will win games.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Is his contract ending or are we assuming arbitration? Curious to see how Armstrong is directed to navigate the financial crunch of pandemic losses. Garland has been one of the best players on the Coyotes in recent years and it would be nice that he stays.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Is his contract ending or are we assuming arbitration? Curious to see how Armstrong is directed to navigate the financial crunch of pandemic losses. Garland has been one of the best players on the Coyotes in recent years and it would be nice that he stays.
They'll try to negotiate a deal before arbitration. Arbitration is a last resort.

They could do a deal an 8 year deal with a high AAV but only have him paid like 2M next season then have it jump up. I expect that to happen especially with Keller, Schmaltz, and Chychruns pay going up substantially next year.

Most of our long term deals have been set up this way. Then older players are usually paid less at the end of the deal. Kessel is making 5.1M and not his 6.8M cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->