How many points will the Sens get this year?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think we might get more points than some people think. As bad as we are, Mtl, Buffalo, Detroit are all bad enough that it will be hard to not win some games here and there.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
For all you convinced about your numbers, Bodog has their over/under at 69.5 on the Sens (and coincidently on the combined IQ of StooEuge + Dorion). If you're convinced about 55 or 80 being the number, their is plenty of margin for you to be wrong and still win $$$.

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
Almost everything that could go wrong last year, did go wrong. Those conditions are hard to replicate.

77 points. The team is worse on paper, but will be better in practice:

- Players are hungry for contracts or positions.

- There are no team expectations.

- Goalies are due for a bounce back.

Final prediction: we won't regret keeping last year's pick instead of this year's.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
636735114928431794-nhl-predictions-2018-19.png

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Well if that projection is right, and assuming no improvement next year with no 1st plus Cheapo not buying any free agents, and a 10% per year improvement after that, the Sens should be playoff contenders in....2026-27!

Yaaaaaayyyy Cheapo!!!!!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Yeah, I get where Micklebot is coming from. The issue with the current system is we're getting at least 2 points from our four (?) meetings with those teams. But so are they. It's going to be a slog but as the games gain in importance Dorion might start stripping down the roster. Unfortunately, Pierre hasn't signed the one-year vet deals to keep the team close in most games. We'll see though, Tkachuk, Lajoie and co. might keep us afloat most nights.

SENSARMY18

Sep 26, 2018
I'm hoping for 95 pts, I think they have it in them. This is a fast team folks, the organization is embracing new age hockey.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
DneKJG6XsAARVvq.jpg

Some point projections from fantasyhockeyprojections.ca

Demelo with 23 pts and Boedker 3rd in forward scoring.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Chabot will have more than 38 points if he averages 23-24 minutes a game with good PP time.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
We used to have a sticky thread about wallpaper backgrounds for PC and mobile phones. They were awesome and each month had a different senator. Do we still have these? Someone on these boards used to make them for us. Anyone know if they are still available?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
a lot of teams are on pace for bad seasons if you take their worst stretches.
I didn’t hand pick the games, just the last 10 they have played.

Their record over that stretch actually flatters them when compared to the underlying #’s.

This is a terrible roster.
1 top 4 Dman
2 top 6 forwards
1 ancient goalie who is bound to breakdown at his current workload.

We will be at the bottom of the standing soon and will only get worse when we trade away the two top 6 forwards.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I didn’t hand pick the games, just the last 10 they have played.

Their record over that stretch actually flatters them when compared to the underlying #’s.

This is a terrible roster.
1 top 4 Dman
2 top 6 forwards
1 ancient goalie who is bound to breakdown at his current workload.

We will be at the bottom of the standing soon and will only get worse when we trade away the two top 6 forwards.
Yeah and. You constantly harp on this. Yeah no shit. We’ve decided to tear it down. Therefore. We will, uh..... tear. It. Down. Like 1 top 4 d man. We have 1 top pairing d man 4th in nhk scoring.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah and. You constantly harp on this. Yeah no ****. We’ve decided to tear it down. Therefore. We will, uh..... tear. It. Down. Like 1 top 4 d man. We have 1 top pairing d man 4th in nhk scoring.
We decided to gut the roster to save money.

Is pointing out the effect on the roster against board rules?

Reactions: bert

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I'm predicting in the 65 to 75 point range, I guess for me it depends when they start to trade off all the ufa's...if it's early I'd expect closer to 65 pts.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
We decided to gut the roster to save money.

Is pointing out the effect on the roster against board rules?

They gutted the roster to rebuild. Its bottom 5 for the next few years. Get over it, the money thing is worn out. If it was only about the money they would not have spent money on scouting. Oh and no matter who owns the team, it will still have a payroll in line with revenue .

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
They gutted the roster to rebuild. Its bottom 5 for the next few years. Get over it, the money thing is worn out. If it was only about the money they would not have spent money on scouting. Oh and no matter who owns the team, it will still have a payroll in line with revenue .
They didn't gut the roster for a rebuild in good faith. They are pulling the wool over the eyes. Who rebuilds without a lottery pick?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They didn't gut the roster for a rebuild in good faith. They are pulling the wool over the eyes. Who rebuilds without a lottery pick?

I think they were forced in to it with the loss of Karlsson. They had no choice but to go a different route. There was no one really available that could have continued their path as it was. I don't know if it is in good faith or bad faith, but most rebuilds ared due to owners figuring out, as the Rangers did, that they are spending a ton of money and going nowhere with middling results. I don't see how money is not a factor in any rebuild.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Care to elaborate on this? Because I'm not sure what spending you are referencing...

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think they were forced in to it with the loss of Karlsson. They had no choice but to go a different route. There was no one really available that could have continued their path as it was. I don't know if it is in good faith or bad faith, but most rebuilds ared due to owners figuring out, as the Rangers did, that they are spending a ton of money and going nowhere with middling results. I don't see how money is not a factor in any rebuild.
I dunno dude, Rangers/Leafs/Habs all completed varying degrees of rebuilds and money is definitely not a factor with any of those teams. I think it was strictly performance related and based on internal expectations. Those ownership groups are large corporations and do not want to be associated with a losing product so they didn't really have a choice but to go another direction. You can see that this organization wants to compete in a lot of the moves because they are very contradictory. They need the revenue of a competitive team but they also know that this core probably can't win. So they're stuck in some quasi-purgatory just because the coffers are empty. Rebuild also implies trying to improve your draft position as well. IMO this is definitely not a damn rebuild. They want to keep the core together. That in and of itself goes against anything we know about rebuilds.

If they were rebuilding, why don't they trade Duchene and Stone instead of trying to re-sign them?
Why is Tkachuk on the the team helping them try to win games?
Why is Dzingel here and not traded?
Why trade for Boedker instead of picks?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad