How many points will the Sens get this year?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Did you come here to gloat that blind freak luck prevented out last-overall place in the standings from resulting in a top-3 draft pick?

That's... A thing. I guess.

Not blind freak luck........ the first over position had an 82% change of not winning the first overall selection.

It would have been blind freaking luck if they did win the lottery ........... but pretty much everyone here had Jack Hughes pulling an Avalanche Jersey over his head, on Draft day, with Pierre Dorion helping him on with it........... it was set in stone.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not for lack of trying. Even after your (not) long (enough) exile, you remain as intellectually dishonest as you ever were.

I've always maintained that selecting 4th, last year, was the logical choice. Dorion knew who he was getting vs not knowing where the balls landed the following year.

If you disagree, then perhaps you should advocate for Dorion to trade Tkachuk to Colorado, for the 4th overall pick this June, and end up with Dylan Cozens.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
My prediction of 65 points is looking good in hindsight, as is my prediction that Dzingle, Duchene and Stone would be gone as part of the financially motivated firesale. I was told that I was being far too negative based on selling off a generational player for pennies on the dollar and that I should wait to see the Melnyk/Dorion plan in action before I called for a boycott and #Melnykout.

Eugene's role in the collapse of Lebreton was easy to predict, but once again myself and others who pointed out the inevitable outcome were told that we were being too negative and that we were ruining the board.

When posters pointed out that the "fair offers" to EK, Stone and Duchene were all a rouse designed to make it appear the Sens were willing to spend in a pathetic attempt to sell tickets, we were told that we were too cynical and that the Sens were doing their best to retain talent, but that the greedy players couldn't be reasoned with. When we point out that the Sens have failed to use the money set aside for these contracts to shore up the front office or on ice product we are met with deafening silence. Perhaps, like the Sens search for a POHO, the apologists are hoping we will forget the previous spin.

When the latest management shuffle once again clearly demonstrates that even Melnyk's cronies can't stand working for the lunatic, we are told that we pay too much attention to the off ice activities of the team, completely ignoring that the team itself used their PR agent Garrihack to make it a story.

Perhaps the sunshine and lollipops crowd should try listening for a change and stop acting like people are being too negative about this tire fire organization.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Somehow they were even worse and less entertaining than even I thought they'd be.

At least there was enough drama in the front office to keep fans entertained!
I gotta say...i attended quite a few games this past season and a pretty common theme i heard discussing games with those in attendance was that the hockey was more entertaining than it had been in years.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The sad thing is that 64 points is a pipe dream for this year's edition. They'll be lucky to get 50 points.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I only had one prediction.

8b928db3a24f8beba3c960b1755e54eb4adb111f.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Last year the hope was that fixing a broken locker room would offset the loss of Karlsson and Hoffman. This year i guess a coaching change is supposed to offset losing Stone Duchene and Dzingel?

Hope the new coach isn't prone to ulcers...

Reactions: Deku and NyQuil

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Last year the hope was that fixing a broken locker room would offset the loss of Karlsson and Hoffman. This year i guess a coaching change is supposed to offset losing Stone Duchene and Dzingel?

Hope the new coach isn't prone to ulcers...

They plan on drafting top 3 this year and next.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Nope, they plan on being a contender for a playoff spot this year and a playoff shoe-in next, as stated by Dorion himself.

Dorion said what every single GM says every single year. I have no idea why you act upset or suprised that a GM would state his players are expected to show up and play to win. Everyone knows what is in store for them. Reapeting what Dorion said over and over on these boards trying to act like he is too stupid to know, or a 'liar' is a little over the top on the drama meter.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Dorion said what every single GM says every single year. I have no idea why you act upset or suprised that a GM would state his players are expected to show up and play to win. Everyone knows what is in store for them. Reapeting what Dorion said over and over on these boards trying to act like he is too stupid to know, or a 'liar' is a little over the top on the drama meter.
What's a little over the top on the drama meter is expecting people to not repeat what the General Manager of the team stated.

Real leadership is telling the truth, like Babcock and Shanahan did in 2015:

Babcock sat next to Leafs president Brendan Shanahan, a player he coached for a few years in Detroit, as the two spun the future of the Maple Leafs. Warning: It's going to hurt.
Possibly revealing the slogan of the 2015-16 Leafs, Babcock said, "There's pain coming." The Leafs have been in pain for a decade, making the playoffs just once while Babcock spent 10 years in Detroit making the postseason. Shanahan, in fact, realized that he maybe had painted so bleak a picture of the Leafs as to turn off Babcock after the Wings granted Babcock's request to talk to interested NHL teams prior to the June 30 expiration of his contract.

Instead we have the bumbling, stuttering GM that thinks the fans are too stupid to see through his lies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Dorion is being held accountable for his words.

Not sure why this is uncomfortable for you.

If Pierre had a clue, he'd be able to sell a rebuild and future hope, setting up realistic expectations. Unfortunately for you, he's a buffoon who will be constantly reminded of his incompetence.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Dorion is being held accountable for his words.

Not sure why this is uncomfortable for you.

If Pierre had a clue, he'd be able to sell a rebuild and future hope, setting up realistic expectations. Unfortunately for you, he's a buffoon who will be constantly reminded of his incompetence.

Oh please do tell how he is being held accountable for saying the same things gm's always say?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Oh please do tell how he is being held accountable for saying the same things gm's always say?

GM's don't always say that though, I think that's kind of the point. (as proven by Shanahan/Babcock quotes provided by Engineer).

It's Dorion's job to set expectations for the fan base before the season starts. What he tells the players/coaches behind closed doors is his business, but he needs to control the message when speaking to the fan base. He can't continue to over promise and under deliver, because fans will tune out his message (kinda like they have after the last two years).

Reactions: Engineer and Deku

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
GM's don't always say that though, I think that's kind of the point. (as proven by Shanahan/Babcock quotes provided by Engineer).

It's Dorion's job to set expectations for the fan base before the season starts. What he tells the players/coaches behind closed doors is his business, but he needs to control the message when speaking to the fan base. He can't continue to over promise and under deliver, because fans will tune out his message (kinda like they have after the last two years).
Perfectly said.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What's a little over the top on the drama meter is expecting people to not repeat what the General Manager of the team stated.

Instead we have the bumbling, stuttering GM that thinks the fans are too stupid to see through his lies.

What is that? a 'private' conversation beetween 2 guys neither of them a GM? A fluff peice saying we were ready to fail but we didn't? You can't see that 'epic' story is from Leafs advertisement department ? Oyyyy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What is that? a 'private' conversation beetween 2 guys neither of them a GM? A fluff peice saying we were ready to fail but we didn't? You can't see that 'epic' story is from Leafs advertisement department ? Oyyyy
Shanahan was above Lou, and it was prior to them finishing last overall in 2016...oyyy

Last edited:
Reactions: Engineer

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Shanahan was above Lou, and it was prior to them finishing last overall in 2016...

Where is it from? Its just a random ??? And can I ask why people scrape to find one time that someone said something else in order to try to prove that Dorion is just a lair when ya all know its normal for GM's in all sports to say they expect the players to compete?

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Where is it from? Its just a random ???

St. James: Babcock knows 'pain coming' with Maple Leafs

Not sure what you were even getting at, it was said to the media prior to them tanking the day Babcock was introduced. Shanahan is above their GM, Lou/Dubas work under him. They went on to finish 30th that year.

That is what the Sens should be doing, instead they are just trying to keep season ticket sales from plummeting further, while at the same time creating more distance between the fanbase when they inevitably drastically fall below our GM's expectations

Last edited:
Reactions: Engineer

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
St. James: Babcock knows 'pain coming' with Maple Leafs

Not sure what you were even getting at, it was said to the media prior to them tanking the day Babcock was introduced. Shanahan is above their GM, Lou/Dubas work under him

That is what the Sens should be doing, instead they are just trying to keep season ticket sales from plummeting further, while at the same time creating more distance between the fanbase when they inevitably drastically fall below our GM's expectations

You could put a pile of poop in net and the leafs would sell out, you can suck for ten years and sell out,
I have no idea how you can take a GM saying he expects his players to be competitive, turn it into something negative and demand he says something else. It is petty nitpicking and silly, him saying it is 100% normal . On top of that the sens have had way better years then those idiots

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To be fair, Toronto with their massive fan base & endless supply of corporate sponsors can afford to do everything they are doing & more. Putting bums in the seats & getting corporate sponsorship has never been nor does it look like will ever be a problem for them with their endless supply of fans & money, while Ottawa is at the other end of this spectrum

While we don't know how rich EM is or not, with all the cost cutting measures we have already seen this yr from this franchise, we can surmise that money may be too tight to mention. It seems anything they do has to be within their limited budget on & off the ice. I wish he would just sell & give us all a break but he seems too suborn & will likely go down with the ship, move or forced out. The only way he survives this is if the Sens at some future point go on a long playoff run sooner rather than later since we don't know how long or how many seasons he can last without sellouts.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You could put a pile of poop in net and the leafs would sell out, you can suck for ten years and sell out,
I have no idea how you can take a GM saying he expects his players to be competitive, turn it into something negative and demand he says something else. It is petty nitpicking and silly, him saying it is 100% normal . On top of that the sens have had way better years then those idiots
Yeah

It is better to set completely, absurdly unrealistic scenarios for players fans and management coming off a 31st place finish, losing 3 of your top players, and in the same interview saying you won't be doing anything in UFA.

They got all these picks and sold everyone. Stop treating fans like dickwads and tell it like it is. Show some backbone. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they are hoping to hit big the next 2 years. Tell it like it is, don't lie through both sides if your mouths to try and salvage season ticket sales (which are doing worse than they even thought it would this year)

Sens should keep status quo with their delivery system, its working wonders.

"If it's negatively affecting the team, why fix it!"

The Rangers last year sent out a letter to fans telling them they were rebuilding and had success in the past but things were going to be tougher and familiar faces were going to be shipped out. They got ahead of the game. The Sens played fans as dummies for a year until the final week of the Trade Deadline in hopes of salvaging season tickets.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You literally never have any clue of what you are talking about.

When your best argument is "Oyyy", it's time to put the keyboard away.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Neither of these two are the General Manager. That's the coach and the POHO. We do not have a coach or a POHO right now.

We need a POHO to keep Dorion away from these press conferences, so he can focus on GMing, like Dubas can in Toronto.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Neither of these two are the General Manager. That's the coach and the POHO. We do not have a coach or a POHO right now.

We need a POHO to keep Dorion away from these press conferences, so he can focus on GMing, like Dubas can in Toronto.
Their title is irrelevant to the point.

I agree that Dorion should not be doing PR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad