How Many Points Will The Leafs Get Next Season?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Matthias putting up 20 goals for coach Babcock is going to put some more W's in the column next year.

Leafs are going to have a very veteran team next year with very few prospects in the line-up.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Matthias putting up 20 goals for coach Babcock is going to put some more W's in the column next year.

Leafs are going to have a very veteran team next year with very few prospects in the line-up.

I am not sure why you are so optimistic? Babcok? (well he is not going to fix the issues that he inherited over a night

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I am not sure why you are so optimistic? Babcok? (well he is not going to fix the issues that he inherited over a night
I don't think the Leafs are done as Glencross, Fehr and Santorelli potential players I see the Leafs talking to.

If the Leafs can deal Dion than bringing back Franson also still a possibility.

Don't underestimate the Babcock effect on this roster as he can get a lot from a little as he up-coaches players.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I expect us to finish probably 21st in the league.

I can't believe how bad we were last year - I seriously doubt we could do any worse. Addition by subtraction for sure. Booth was more dangerous than Kessel in 2015

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We will lose our fair share of games and then some, but we will be one of the hardest working teams in the league as well. I think the over under should be about 30 wins.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I expect us to finish probably 21st in the league.

I can't believe how bad we were last year - I seriously doubt we could do any worse. Addition by subtraction for sure. Booth was more dangerous than Kessel in 2015

Kessel scored 7 goals in the 2nd half of the season in 2015 and Leafs won only 9 of 42 games under Horachek.

7 goals isn't hard to replace internally by Parenteau, Matthias and Babcock could win 9 games if they gave him the Marlies roster in 1/2 a season.

Babcock campaigning to keep Dion suggest he thinks he can pull a Calgary with this roster and surprise.

Hunters Rule

Feb 6, 2015
They will battle every game next year with the odd game being blown out by an elite team only to bounce back with hard fought games under Babcock in their next outing. But 58 to 68 points is the most likely scenario... they will likely make a couple of deals(bozak/lupul/maybe phaneuf) prior to the start of the season and during for picks and bad contracts. This team is the least talented roster in the Eastern conference and maybe the west as well. The TANK will be in full stride but the effort of playing hard most nights will be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad