How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
I have them at 80-82, but I can see them lower before I can see them going higher. This isn't a good hockey team, and certainly not a playoff team.

Come on y2k, I don't see how you think the team finishes just as bad as they did last year. Not even counting the additions of Miller, Ferland, Hughes, just the fact that we don't have Pouliot and Gudbransson patrolling the blueline makes us a better team.

I know you aren't a fan of Myers but still he's way better than the likes of Gudbranson/pouliot.

Are you predicting big declines in the play of Edler/Tanev/Markstrom?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
85 points.

39-36-7. Draft 12th.

Yea I kinda think something like that too. Maybe a couple extra wins, but our bottom six being a year older, slower, and more injured, when it already sucked, is not encouraging. PP should be real good but I don’t think that’s enough.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Come on y2k, I don't see how you think the team finishes just as bad as they did last year. Not even counting the additions of Miller, Ferland, Hughes, just the fact that we don't have Pouliot and Gudbransson patrolling the blueline makes us a better team.

I know you aren't a fan of Myers but still he's way better than the likes of Gudbranson/pouliot.

Are you predicting big declines in the play of Edler/Tanev/Markstrom?

Myers on the top pair will bleed a lot more goals than Gudbranson on the bottom pair. Also, the Canucks analytics last year had them as a bottom 5 team. I expected some regression this year, and I think the additions of Hughes and Miller will offset that expected regression.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I don't usually bet over/unders, but if you want to bet if they make the playoffs or not I'm down with that.

I already let you set the over/under, then choose which side you wanted. Nobody knows what the playoff bar is going to be - it could be 96 points...

if you think it is an 80 point team, take the under on 82.5 and run!

If you're worried about them getting 83+ points, what line would you be confident betting at?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think about 90 points. They keep on track of modest improvements each year. Regardless of some poor contracts there is no question looking at the roster that they’re a better team than last year. The keys will be Markstrom playing at last years level and of course injuries. A lot has to go right to make the playoffs imo but it’s not out of the question that they sneak in.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'll predict an exact record for the hell of it.

44-35-3. 91 points. 41 ROW.

I'm optimistic. But I'm still not sure if that is playoff caliber especially if the Central is as advertised.

If Winnipeg or one of the expected top-3 in the Pacific falls off considerably, there's a chance.

Their ROW last season was 29. That's a pretty decent increase to 41.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
90-95 points, they had 81 last year with a much weaker line up and a ton of injuries.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Can’t possibly be as bad as last year
I don't know, it doesn't take quantity to be worse than last year. All it takes is Pettersson being injured for 50% of the season and it will be a worse year for injuries.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Their ROW last season was 29. That's a pretty decent increase to 41.

I'm basically pulling it out of my ass. I didn't know how many ROW last year for example. I do think there won't be many shootouts though. Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes in 3on3... oh boy

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Last year was like a perfect storm for injuries, not likely to be as bad again....I hope.
NHL Injury Viz: Index

Click back through the years, last year doesn't really stick out at all. The Canucks are always one of the top man-games lost teams.

Man-games lost is a pretty weak analysis too if you're not weighting the games to the quality of player....like Pettersson's 12 or whatever man games IMO aren't the same as 12 man games of Jay Beagle.

Reactions: TraderJim

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
NHL Injury Viz: Index

Click back through the years, last year doesn't really stick out at all. The Canucks are always one of the top man-games lost teams.

Man-games lost is a pretty weak analysis too if you're not weighting the games to the quality of player....like Pettersson's 12 or whatever man games IMO aren't the same as 12 man games of Jay Beagle.
When I say the perfect storm as injuries go last season, I was taking into account the quality of players lost and not just about man games lost. Did we not lose Petterson, Boeser, Taney and Edler with injuries with overlapping durations? By my count, those four accounted for 77 man games lost. In 2018-2019.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad