How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Do you have a link to the hour in which this was said?

I would like to verify what the site is using to convert man games lost to wins lost. I've never seen it before.
It's a paid membership site it seems.

NHL 2018-2019 Season Archives - Man-Games Lost

By the way, I was also listening to satiar Shah Wednesday morning and heard him talk about the injury statistics @Hoghandler mentioned. I don't know why, I don't listen to much sports radio anymore. Hockey season approaching I suppose...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
@Ronning On Empty as to what part of the broadcast this discussion took place, I'm afraid I can only tell you it was after 10 and before 11:30. Wish I could remember exactly, but there you go ;)

*My guess is it was during the Andrew Berkshire segment but check the Greg Wyshynski segment as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronning On Empty

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Satiar Shah was talking about it yesterday on 650. Canucks have been at or near the top pf the list the last 4 years.

Canucks have 2nd most man games missed over the last 4 years. The 3rd most injured team isn't even close in games missed. Anaheim #1 on that list.
So no site? No link? Hearsay from the radio?

I posted a link to a site we can all look at and see the Canucks being one of the most injured teams isn’t unusual. Most expect it.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I suggest you go back over the conversation. I wasn’t dishonest at all.
Whatever man. You called me a cherry picker. At the same time you didn’t even do any research or provide any evidence to back your “perfect storm” claim.

Maybe not dishonest but it didn’t feel genuine. You dispute evidence and bring none of your own.

It’s par for the course.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Whatever man. You called me a cherry picker. At the same time you didn’t even do any research or provide any evidence to back your “perfect storm” claim.

Maybe not dishonest but it didn’t feel genuine. You dispute evidence and bring none of your own.

It’s par for the course.
Try again. I did show the games lost in my “perfect storm” season and then you proceeded to show that the previous year was on par or worse further validating my assertion that the Canucks have been hard hit by injuries. Also, please remember that you responded to my post where I was hoping for a better year on the injury front.
What the hell Is disingenuous or dishonest about that?

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
So no site? No link? Hearsay from the radio?

I posted a link to a site we can all look at and see the Canucks being one of the most injured teams isn’t unusual. Most expect it.
Did you look 2 posts up above yours?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Try again. I did show the games lost in my “perfect storm” season and then you proceeded to show that the previous year was on par or worse further validating my assertion that the Canucks have been hard hit by injuries. Also, please remember that you responded to my post where I was hoping for a better year on the injury front.
What the hell Is disingenuous or dishonest about that?
You argued LAST SEASON was a perfect storm, I called you on that, pointing to many previous seasons, then you changed your assertion that last year was a perfect storm, but it was now that the Canucks have always been hit hard by injuries. That's disingenuous.

But it doesn't matter. We don't need to talk to eachother.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
You argued LAST SEASON was a perfect storm, I called you on that, pointing to many previous seasons, then you changed your assertion that last year was a perfect storm, but it was now that the Canucks have always been hit hard by injuries. That's disingenuous.

But it doesn't matter. We don't need to talk to eachother.
You need to take a deep breath because your replies aren’t making a whole lot of sense.
Have a nice day.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
The Canucks have had injuries every year for as long as I can remember. Other Canucks teams have been able to overcome them. Of course injuries become a problem when almost half your forwards can't play up the line-up. Of course injuries are a problem when you can't evaluate defencemen, and your two best defenders are injury-prone.

Reactions: 420Canuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The most perfect storm we've probably ever had for injuries was in 10-11 when our top-5 defenders missed a combined 125 games due to injury, almost double the amount missed last year.

Didn't seem to matter too much when we had a well-run team with depth.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The most perfect storm we've probably ever had for injuries was in 10-11 when our top-5 defenders missed a combined 125 games due to injury, almost double the amount missed last year.

Didn't seem to matter too much when we had a well-run team with depth.
But imagine if Sundin took that 2 year offer? :scared:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I went 87-89 instantly but it all comes down to injuries all across the board. A few injuries here and there to a few teams and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team in the final playoff spot. Markstrom is a good goalie and this team, because we've sucked for so long, has some good young pieces.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
11 games in and they have the best goal differential in the league.
ehh3.png

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
On pace for 93 points at the quarter pole.

10-7-4 or 8-7-5 so far.

2-4-3 this month.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver

10-7-4 or 8-7-5 so far.

2-4-3 this month.

And a single game (regulation loss) drops them down to an 89 point pace. Just goes to show how volatile things can be when the sample size is small. Remember those days when the Canucks were on pace for 115-ish points this season?

Keep in mind, the Canucks have yet to deal with significant injuries to key players. It's certainly looking like the softOctober/hardNovember dynamic is playing out to script at this point.

Reactions: 420Canuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

10-7-4 or 8-7-5 so far.

2-4-3 this month.
One month since the last post:

On pace for 87 points at the 34 games played mark. Good enough for 9th worst points% in the league.

Since November 1st, they're the 4th worst team in the league and putting up a 71 point over 82 game pace.

Since Nov 1 - 22nd in CF% all situations, 26th in GF% all situations, 26th in SCF% in all situations.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I had the Canucks at around 88 points and just missing the playoffs this season, but really starting to wonder if I aimed too high. I can now see this team finishing within two points, plus or minus of the 81 points they got last season.

Sure you can argue that on paper the Canucks are better this season. The problem is, the Western Conference is like a disappearing horizon.....everybody else is better as well.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
One month since the last post:

On pace for 87 points at the 34 games played mark. Good enough for 9th worst points% in the league.

Since November 1st, they're the 4th worst team in the league and putting up a 71 point over 82 game pace.

Since Nov 1 - 22nd in CF% all situations, 26th in GF% all situations, 26th in SCF% in all situations.
Can’t believe it’s barely been two weeks since this post. The numbers are still poor but they’re on pace for 96 points now and 18th in point%.

What a difference a few games makes.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->