How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

How many points will the Canucks finish the 2019-20 season with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
When I say the perfect storm as injuries go last season, I was taking into account the quality of players lost and not just about man games lost. Did we not lose Petterson, Boeser, Taney and Edler with injuries with overlapping durations?
I just don't think that's a perfect storm at all.

Pettersson missed 11 games, Boeser 13.

Tanev and Edler miss massive chunks every damn season, there really wasn't anything unique about last year.

Horvat played 82, the team MVP in net missed like maybe 2-3 starts.

55 man games were Sven Baertschi....they don't think he's good enough for the NHL right now, 25 to a bad 4th line C, 55 were for Sutter.....the majority of the man games lost IMO were to not difference making players.

I don't see anything different in regards to last seasons injuries and any of the preceding seasons....looks par for the course IMO.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
NHL Injury Viz: Index

Click back through the years, last year doesn't really stick out at all. The Canucks are always one of the top man-games lost teams.

Man-games lost is a pretty weak analysis too if you're not weighting the games to the quality of player....like Pettersson's 12 or whatever man games IMO aren't the same as 12 man games of Jay Beagle.

There is a site that attempts to track points lost due to injuries - the Canucks lost 17 points last season through injury by their estimation. The 4th most in the nhl.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I just don't think that's a perfect storm at all.

Pettersson missed 11 games, Boeser 13.

Tanev and Edler miss massive chunks every damn season, there really wasn't anything unique about last year.

Horvat played 82, the team MVP in net missed like maybe 2-3 starts.

55 man games were Sven Baertschi....they don't think he's good enough for the NHL right now, 25 to a bad 4th line C, 55 were for Sutter.....the majority of the man games lost IMO were to not difference making players.

I don't see anything different in regards to last seasons injuries and any of the preceding seasons....looks par for the course IMO.
I think you’re just cherry picking. When your two top dmen lose a combined 53 games it is not insignificant. Baertschi and Sutter were regarded as core pieces then regardless of where they rank this season and Petterson and Boeser being the two top offensive threats missing a combined 24 games also contribute to what I call a “perfect storm”.
Your argument does not survive scrutiny..

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The problem with injuries on the Canucks is that our bottom six suck sooooo bad so that these fringe guys moving up, means big trouble. I think we're better on the blueline this season despite another year on the aging vets to handle injuries compared to last season.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I think you’re just cherry picking. When your two top dmen lose a combined 53 games it is not insignificant. Baertschi and Sutter were regarded as core pieces then regardless of where they rank this season and Petterson and Boeser being the two top offensive threats missing a combined 24 games also contribute to what I call a “perfect storm”.
Scrutinize your own argument then. Check the injuries every season. Bo missed 18, Brock 20, Edler 12, Tanev 40, Sven 25, Sutter 20, Granlund 40, Stecher 15 the previous season.

I guess every year is a perfect storm.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
There is a site that attempts to track points lost due to injuries - the Canucks lost 17 points last season through injury by their estimation. The 4th most in the nhl.
What's the site? Post the link? Where did the Canucks finish the 5 preceding years?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Scrutinize your own argument then. Check the injuries every season. Bo missed 18, Brock 20, Edler 12, Tanev 40, Sven 25, Sutter 20, Granlund 40, Stecher 15 the previous season.

I guess every year is a perfect storm.
It only builds the case that the Canucks have been exceptionally hard hit by injuries over the last couple of years.
Thanks for making my case.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Last year was like a perfect storm for injuries, not likely to be as bad again....I hope.

When I say the perfect storm as injuries go last season, I was taking into account the quality of players lost and not just about man games lost. Did we not lose Petterson, Boeser, Taney and Edler with injuries with overlapping durations? By my count, those four accounted for 77 man games lost. In 2018-2019.
LOL, the same group but swap Bo in place of Petey and it's 90 missed the season before.
It only builds the case that the Canucks have been exceptionally hard hit by injuries over the last couple of years.
Thanks for making my case.

That wasn't what you were saying.
I'll leave you to it, obviously you're skeptical of anything I write , are accusing me of cherry picking, but you aren't willing to have a genuine chat about it. Have a nice one.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
LOL, the same group but swap Bo in place of Petey and it's 90 missed the season before.

That wasn't what you were saying.
I'll leave you to it, obviously you're skeptical of anything I write , are accusing me of cherry picking, but you aren't willing to have a genuine chat about it. Have a nice one.
Would it make you happier if I stated that we had two perfect storm years in a row?

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
What's the site? Post the link? Where did the Canucks finish the 5 preceding years?

Satiar Shah was talking about it yesterday on 650. Canucks have been at or near the top pf the list the last 4 years.

Canucks have 2nd most man games missed over the last 4 years. The 3rd most injured team isn't even close in games missed. Anaheim #1 on that list.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Satiar Shah was talking about it yesterday on 650. Canucks have been at or near the top pf the list the last 4 years.

Canucks have 2nd most man games missed over the last 4 years. The 3rd most injured team isn't even close in games missed. Anaheim #1 on that list.

Do you have a link to the hour in which this was said?

I would like to verify what the site is using to convert man games lost to wins lost. I've never seen it before.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The problem with injuries on the Canucks is that our bottom six suck sooooo bad so that these fringe guys moving up, means big trouble. I think we're better on the blueline this season despite another year on the aging vets to handle injuries compared to last season.
Surely that cannot be.

After being so bad for so long, there must be plenty of young guys challenging for roster spots.

It's only logical.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

I think I found the problem.

No need to thank me.

I'm here to help.
N5u0kth.gif

Reactions: VanillaCoke

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Nobody is saying its insignificant.

You have to understand that at this point with Tanev and Edler it should be expected:

Edler:
Screenshot_20191004_083151.jpg

Tanev:
Screenshot_20191004_083111.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->