How many point will Sven Bae get this season?

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I say 45-50 points would be a very successful season. 35 or so being what I expect him to get.

On talent I think Baertschi could get there but he's not likely to get the opportunity here that he would need. Even if he gets on the 2nd line and 2nd PP, he's not likely to end up with anywhere near enough PPP on that unit. He'd need to get on that 1st PP and that's just not likely to happen with Hank&Dank already on it.

35-40 points with significant time on the 2nd unit would be good.

Last edited:

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
On talent I think Baertschi could get there but he's not likely to get the opportunity here that he would need. Even if he gets on the 2nd line and 2nd PP, he's not likely to end up with anywhere near enough PPP on that unit. He'd need to get on that 1st PP and that's just not likely to happen with Hank&Dank already on it.

The Canucks haven't that kind of #2 PP unit since Kesler's 50 assist season. They have some good pieces for that unit but not that one key player. Get that play and you will see Baertschi and Bonino's numbers spike.

I agree the 35 to 40 ppg pace is what we should be hoping for.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I missed that LOL sorry.

I rank on the liberal side of the traditionalist side of hockey. The more weird numbers the better, except 69, which is stupid.

I'm fairly open-minded about weird numbers...if that's what the player really wants to wear, so be it i guess. :laugh: Just think in general, players tend to prefer to ditch their "prospect numbers" when they have a chance as a symbolic "we made it!" sort of gesture. And on the whole, i think it probably seems a bit more "professional" or whatever you want to call it to have at least a bit of uniformity to the numbers.

Largely expecting Baertschi to make a switch...but who knows, maybe he's really come to like 40s numbers wearing them for so many years as a prospect for long. :D

Yeah. Realistically, that 2nd PP Unit is probably still going to be a bit of an afterthought. Unfortunately. Hopefully Sven is pretty much stapled to that crew, as he's a guy who at least has the niche talent to bring some semblance of order and intent to that Unit. The sort of skills you can run a 2nd Unit PP through. And that's where he's most likely to do his damage i'd imagine, on the man-advantage.

Just not an ideal situation for a rookie like Sven necessarily, in that our 1st Unit built around the Twins is kind of a "specialty thing" (where you add pieces to complement what the Sedins do, rather than just adding "good PP players"), and it's always going to be the focal point, and eat up most of the prime PP minutes (and rightfully so).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad