How many point will Sven Bae get this season?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Comes out of nowhere, 1st PP unit, 60 points

Mutagenesis

Nucks/Isles
Jul 21, 2013
Representin' the ABQ
Starts out cold-ish and slightly snakebitten, does a lot of the little things right, goes on a hot streak in December-January, scoring most of his points then before cooling down and going scoreless from late February onwards.

Finishes the year with 35 points. (10G - 25A - 35P, +/-: -3).

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Less than people think because we don't have defenders that can compliment him in the offensive zone. I'd bet we see more flashes of brilliance than actual results.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
My guess is 16-26-42 which would be really good for the 2nd line.

Of course it all depends on how he is deployed by our esteemed coach.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
My guess is 10-19 while being a healthy scratch for half the season.

So his PPG will be decent but his game won't be complete or consistent enough for Willie to be confident in him as an everyday player.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Based on last season, I would say 20-29 points. As much as I like him, he didn't stand out.

I expect him to have around 35-40 points if he's gift wrapped with the 2nd line position, but that didn't work out for Vey, so....

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Assuming he lines up in a top 6 role with either Bonino or Horvat and gets similar PP time, 30-39 would be a "good" first season. Probably in the range of 10-14 goals and 20-25 assists.

Remember this isn't going to be a high scoring team, so any forward not named Sedin or Vrbata is going to be hard pressed to exceed 35 points IMO.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I say he gets the classic Canucks prospect treatment. Board will complain about his ice time and Willie's use of guys like Higgins on the PP and 2nd line instead of him. Scratch for a few games for some AHL plugs and put on the 4th line by WD. Never got a chance and finish with 15-20 points.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I say he gets the classic Canucks prospect treatment. Board will complain about his ice time and Willie's use of guys like Higgins on the PP and 2nd line instead of him. Scratch for a few games for some AHL plugs and put on the 4th line by WD. Never got a chance and finish with 15-20 points.

I may completely check out if we roll out the same second powerplay unit as last year.

"well this unit has had a year of practice together and it isn't fair to them. They have been practicing and wanting to get better at being a powerplay unit."

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
15 goals 20 assists, for roughly 35 points would be a good start for him I think.

I doubt he will get much time with Bonino, or any PP time, but we will see.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Considering Higgins, Bonino and Burrows were all under 40 points last year, I have a hard time projecting 40 points for a guy who has struggled to crack an NHL lineup so far. Say what you will about his potential, and supposed mistreatment in Calgary, he hasn't shown near enough to be confident he'll be a solid 2nd line contributor in his first full NHL season (if he stays on the roster that long).

I predict a Linden Vey-like season, and will hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Considering Higgins, Bonino and Burrows were all under 40 points last year, I have a hard time projecting 40 points for a guy who has struggled to crack an NHL lineup so far. Say what you will about his potential, and supposed mistreatment in Calgary, he hasn't shown near enough to be confident he'll be a solid 2nd line contributor in his first full NHL season (if he stays on the roster that long).

I predict a Linden Vey-like season, and will hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Vey is a good comparable. Expecting 40 points is very optimistic as hes undoubtedly going to go through some growing pains. I expect them to shelter his minutes a bit like they did with Vey unless he has significantly altered his game. Maybe some pp minutes and some spot duty with some better players but im not expecting a regular even strength shift. Probably will receive similar ice time to Horvat who had to gradually earn the coaches trust before getting a bigger role.

Its probably the way to go anyways. Start him in situations he can handle and let him gain some confidence first. Given that, expect about 25 points next season....hopefully while showing improvements throughout the year. People forget. ...but 40 points is actually a pretty good season in todays game and is a lot to expect out of a rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad