How many point will Sven Bae get this season?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
So pretty much the consensus here seems to be that if Sven scores more than thirty points he's a bae and if he fails to get at least 30 points he's a total piece of bae?

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
He's Swiss though, not Danish. So it's all good. :)
Trust me, it sounds stupid in swiss german too :laugh:

Considering his play until now, if he gets 70+ games around 35 points sounds realistic. Maybe over 40 if he's used on the PP or starts to break out.

The comment with the work ethic is especially funny, as it was one of the things he was praised for at the draft and afterwards. It started to emerge as a point for critics only after he and the flames soured on each other.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah, 35+ points is about the minimum production you'd expect from a 23 year old who's on track to become a legitimate top 6 forward if he's getting decent minutes. There just really isn't much precedent for guys producing less than that and eventually succeeding.

So he could easily produce less than that, but if he does it's probably an indication of very long odds of him becoming an effective scorer at the NHL level.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
less than Vey.

Baertschi is highly skilled but it has always been the lack of compete that is the problem.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Yeah, 35+ points is about the minimum production you'd expect from a 23 year old who's on track to become a legitimate top 6 forward if he's getting decent minutes. There just really isn't much precedent for guys producing less than that and eventually succeeding.

So he could easily produce less than that, but if he does it's probably an indication of very long odds of him becoming an effective scorer at the NHL level.

Not only that, but thus far in the NHL, Baertschi has scored at a 35 point pace. So anything less would actually be a regression for him.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
My guess is 10-19 while being a healthy scratch for half the season.

So his PPG will be decent but his game won't be complete or consistent enough for Willie to be confident in him as an everyday player.

sounds right to me.

then after two more frustrating seasons where everytime it looks like he's something he gets benched for brandon prust, or mackenze stewart, or guillaume desbiens, he'll get traded for zac rinaldo.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Starts slow, team trades away a Higgins/Vrb (or both) and moves up to the top 6 then starts scoring @ a > .75ppg pace. Ends the season with about 50 points.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i dont really know how anyone could come up with a number here. might as well roll a die

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Linden Vey-like season, minus the early-season 1st unit PP time. Struggles at times, gets healthy scratched in favour of Vey/Kenins/Grenier/Virtanen. I imagine him being treated like a rookie. Even if he sees regular 2nd unit PP time, 1/2 the time they don't have long enough to even set up in the o-zone. Sven will have a short leash on 2nd line with Higgins around, so he will likely see a healthy dose of Prust/Dorsett/Vey.

20-29 is my guess.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Lol, and lol.

He won't touch 47 points this year, and 47 is his number. Is that number too unique for you? You want him to wear 17, don't you?

Was tongue in cheek. If he hit 47pts that'd be incredible. Not a realistic expectation, but i'd also say it's not 100% impossible either if it really "clicks" for him finally.

And no, i don't have a real issue with his number per se...or if he goes with 42 - i'd be okay with that many points also :laugh:. Whatever he wants. Those are more "prospect numbers" though, McCann was even wearing 47 at the dev camp, was he not? Considering Baertschi is pretty much a lock for the team due to waivers, i'd probably expect a lower number this season. I'm gonna say he takes Matthias' old #27. But maybe he likes that higher "prospect number" and wants to stick with that. Fine by me if he does...just seems weird is all. :dunno:

27pts would be fairly disappointing, but possibly more realistic...depending on what kind of opportunity he gets and how committed he is to playing more in the dirty areas consistently. Maybe he shouldn't wear that number. :D

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i dont really know how anyone could come up with a number here. might as well roll a die

just did. bae will get 6 points.

edit: this seems like a low number range, so I flipped a loonie. Bae will get Queen Elizabeth points.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Who did he play with in Calgary?

As a Canuck, he didn't look that good.... only against Edmonton AHL

Huh? He didnt do much of anything in his first game vs jets but scored two goals in that meaningless oilers game.

In the ahl he was our best forward throughout playoffs...

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
'50+ points' currently has more votes than 'fails to stick in the NHL'. Surely you guys must find that as laughable as I do. One is certainly more likely than the other. I thought people took these polls at least somewhat seriously.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
'50+ points' currently has more votes than 'fails to stick in the NHL'. Surely you guys must find that as laughable as I do. One is certainly more likely than the other. I thought people took these polls at least somewhat seriously.

Benning isn't waiving a guy he just spent a 2nd on, so I'd say 50+ points is probably just as likely as him not sticking on the roster for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00