How many point will Sven Bae get this season?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Flames fan coming in peace, and I can assure you that there is no way Sven scores more than 7-10 goals this year.

Has very little work ethic and just isn't very good.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Considering Higgins, Bonino and Burrows were all under 40 points last year, I have a hard time projecting 40 points for a guy who has struggled to crack an NHL lineup so far. Say what you will about his potential, and supposed mistreatment in Calgary, he hasn't shown near enough to be confident he'll be a solid 2nd line contributor in his first full NHL season (if he stays on the roster that long).

I predict a Linden Vey-like season, and will hope to be pleasantly surprised.

In my projection I used his current NHL stats that put him close to a .5ppg scorer. Thats where I see him.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Flames fan coming in peace, and I can assure you that there is no way Sven scores more than 7-10 goals this year.

Wow thanks for the insider take, bob mackenzie. Great scoop.

On topic: I'm predicting Sven will score 30ish points and put up a 43-45% corsi.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

Yeah, sure sounds like you came in peace...

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

he has 30 points already in 69 NHL games, so I'm certain you're being very friendly and objective.

40 points over 82 would be a good result, and that's a conservative estimate.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Umm....please....don't...call....him....bae......
Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.
As for Baertschi, he'll get near the 40 point mark. If he gets south of 30 (Which i highly doubt), theres some concern.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Umm....please....don't...call....him....bae......
Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.
As for Baertschi, he'll get near the 40 point mark. If he gets south of 30 (Which i highly doubt), theres some concern.

He's Swiss though, not Danish. So it's all good. :)

Though maybe we should start calling Nicklas Jensen Bae instead? ;)

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
he has 30 points already in 69 NHL games, so I'm certain you're being very friendly and objective.

40 points over 82 would be a good result, and that's a conservative estimate.

Who did he play with in Calgary?

As a Canuck, he didn't look that good.... only against Edmonton AHL

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Took 30-39 points but he could be anywhere on the map depending on role and who he plays with or he could have an unimpressive camp, slip and someone else might emerge.

My guess is that he gets a shot and does 30-39 points.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The word Bae makes me feel old. Is it the new cool thing for kids to say nowadays? Or is it just something teenagers use who are too lazy to include the extra b to spell babe?

Or does it just really mean poop? I'm gonna go with poop. Seems the most literally correct.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think around 25 points would be about right. Anything more would be a very pleasant surprise. Basically a year like Vey's, but hopefully Baertschi can find a way to have an impact on a more consistent basis than Vey did.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
22 goals 16 assists

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

I think for Baertschi to be a better NHL player he needs to release that puck faster. He hesitates too much. He just needs to move in there and snap it at the net fast unless its the PP and you have traffic. Then you lurk in and get it top shelf.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I think around 25 points would be about right. Anything more would be a very pleasant surprise. Basically a year like Vey's, but hopefully Baertschi can find a way to have an impact on a more consistent basis than Vey did.

That would be a crushing disappointment for me. He'd be scoring at less than his current rate, too (30 points in 69 career NHL games), conceivably with better opportunity.

If he's on the 2nd unit PP and getting 14-ish minutes a night, he should be in the 35-45 range.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
That would be a crushing disappointment for me. He'd be scoring at less than his current rate, too (30 points in 69 career NHL games), conceivably with better opportunity.

If he's on the 2nd unit PP and getting 14-ish minutes a night, he should be in the 35-45 range.
yeah expectations should be way higher. 35 over 82 should be the bare minimum.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
yeah expectations should be way higher. 35 over 82 should be the bare minimum.

Replying to entire group here, not just you, but I tempered my expectations a bit only because this will be his first HNL grind, of a full 82 NHL games, and there may be a bit of a lul. I know he has play AHL seasons, but I just don't think that can compare.

But I did say 35-45, I just don't think that should be with a at minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad