Speculation: How Many Players Now Regret the Tortorella Firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
"Value self-gratification over winning". If that's not the most hilarious thing I read on this board I don't know what is. Why else would you want winning? So that some else will be gratified? :laugh: Do we want the Rangers to play so that they get big salaries and get rings, or are we watching them because we want self-gratification? Watching the Rangers is done for pleasure the whole purpose of winning is self-gratification, there's no bigger reason. If you don't find self-gratification in the way they win games, what's the point?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How dare you guys want to enjoy watching the Rangers play instead shouting from the rooftop about what a great competitor you are like BRB?!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yeah, it's crazy. My preference is winning. These people who like losing if it's run and gun are weird.

Nobody wants to lose, but also we watch hockey because it's fun to watch. If it's grind it out, block shots all the time, and no goal scoring then it's not so much fun. Yeah I would take a cup winning that way but honestly that wasn't going to happen. I'd rather we have a .500 team with good puck passing & scoring than a .500 team grinding it out. The good news is we've got good puck passing & scoring AND we're starting to be a winning team. That and we don't have to deal with Torts at the microphone.

Life is good :nod:

Bardof425*

It shows you value self-gratification over winning, which is just bizarre to me.

This suggests that we cannot win under this system and only Torts system can create a winner. I don't think you meant that. fyi, we are rising in the standings and in a playoff spot as of now. All that and the games are better to watch. What's the problem?

I know, you had so much fun knocking AV and defending the clown when our record fit the narrative. Now that it's turned you've resorted to making silly statements like the one above. Too much venom.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Nobody should have beef with AV. He's doing exactly what we WANTED Torts to do last year...

Juggling lines every game, even every other shift? Nope, we don't see it...

Using the correct players on the power play like McD, Zucc, etc? Yeah, it's happening

A Stagnant power play? Gone are those days (I know this due to Arniel, but we wouldn't have him without AV)

Offensive zone work and puck possession? Happens more and more every game

Getting the most out of players? We don't see everyone playing a "role player" role. Each player is good at something else, and AV is seeing that in these players (as inept as they were when the season started, they are not as offensively stupid as they were at that point)

Running 4 lines, including a real checking line? Finally, we have one

Nobody should have beef with AV. he's doing the right things. Stadning up to Sather about his ****** roster was a great start for him personally.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
I think Boyle has some family here too. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

At least no Del Zotto's come around though.

My family friends from Toronto claim Del Zotto's family is in the Canadian mob. Just thinking about his uncle Johnny Boombots browsing this board makes me laugh.

Lol I think you need to go outside for a walk. Maybe talk to a human instead of a screen for a while. :laugh:

I don't take most of what BRB says seriously when in argument. I believe he has freely admitted that he often takes the unpopular viewpoint so as to ignite discussion, which is admirable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My family friends from Toronto claim Del Zotto's family is in the Canadian mob. Just thinking about his uncle Johnny Boombots browsing this board makes me laugh.

I don't take most of what BRB says seriously when in argument. I believe he has freely admitted that he often takes the unpopular viewpoint so as to ignite discussion, which is admirable.

So trying to get a rise out of people is admirable?

Wolfy*

Torts in a hearing today after his stunt against the Flames. Bettman will also be there. I wonder how this turns out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad