Speculation: How Many Players Now Regret the Tortorella Firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardof425*

The Hagelin thing was taken way out of context. Go back and watch the full thing. He said he loved him and he did everything else well in the quote. He also said he "stinks" with a smile, he was half joking. He still gave him PP time after that so it's obvious he didn't actually mean he stinks.

As for the flames stuff, again, the only reason I think it was a bad thing is that he opened himself up for a possible suspension. Other than that, I don't see anything so bad about it. It was wrong, but not terribly wrong. So he went over to the flames locker room. So? Who cares? I don't.

we are a better team with Torts gone. And more fun to watch. Turn the page.

Mr Atoz*

Wow, Mr Atoz, are you implying Nicky Fotiu was a fake tough guy?!? Nothing could be further from the truth. Time for a little NY Rangers history lesson. Just watch this great profile on the man. He epitomized heart and determination - and was a native New Yorker!

Of course not. I watched Nicky his whole career and have met him on several occasions. What flies well over the poster's head is that he's complaining about John Tortorella, who was a professional hockey player, being a fake tough guy yet HE uses the screen name NickyFotiu. Now that's pretty ironic.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Of course not. I watched Nicky his whole career and have met him on several occasions. What flies well over the poster's head is that he's complaining about John Tortorella, who was a professional hockey player, being a fake tough guy yet HE uses the screen name NickyFotiu. Now that's pretty ironic.
Are you serious? Poster all over the net use their favorite players as screen names. It doesn't mean they are pretending to be that player or anything of that nature.

Cake or Death

Seriously? Zillions of people here use players' names as screen names. Comparing a guy on a message board to a coach who just exhibited a lack of control that you'd expect from a whining 2 year old? That's the level we're dropping to? How sad

P.S... Torts is a tiny ass 109 pound ***** who always gets loud in settings where he 100 percent knows for a fact no one can do anything. He's a ****ing *****, a mental midget with the self-control of a pre-school child who always barks from behind safe fences.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Seriously? Zillions of people here use players' names as screen names. Comparing a guy on a message board to a coach who just exhibited a lack of control that you'd expect from a whining 2 year old? That's the level we're dropping to? How sad

P.S... Torts is a tiny ass 109 pound ***** who always gets loud in settings where he 100 percent knows for a fact no one can do anything. He's a ****ing *****, a mental midget with the self-control of a pre-school child who always barks from behind safe fences.

I'm sure you follow him around regularly and track the patterns of his mood in order to make such factual statements. :shakehead

The guy lost his temper during a stressful moment at work. His work happens to be televised. Yeah, he took it too far, and yeah, it's not the first time, but I don't get why the name calling is necessary, especially the stuff about how he's not tough. A. he doesn't need to be tough, he's a hockey coach. and B. this isn't a middle school cafeteria, nobody should care about how tough a complete stranger appears to be in comparison to their imaginary tough-guy archetype.

I liked Torts when he was here. He gave this team a taste of something they really, really needed. Having said that, the game that AV has them playing now is far more entertaining and far more likely to lead to long term success in today's league. Torts did some good and some bad here, but now he's not here at all. I couldn't possibly care less about how he acts in a situation like this one.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm sure you follow him around regularly and track the patterns of his mood in order to make such factual statements. :shakehead

The guy lost his temper during a stressful moment at work. His work happens to be televised. Yeah, he took it too far, and yeah, it's not the first time, but I don't get why the name calling is necessary, especially the stuff about how he's not tough. A. he doesn't need to be tough, he's a hockey coach. and B. this isn't a middle school cafeteria, nobody should care about how tough a complete stranger appears to be in comparison to their imaginary tough-guy archetype.

I liked Torts when he was here. He gave this team a taste of something they really, really needed. Having said that, the game that AV has them playing now is far more entertaining and far more likely to lead to long term success in today's league. Torts did some good and some bad here, but now he's not here at all. I couldn't possibly care less about how he acts in a situation like this one.

I wish I could lose it like that at work, that would be awesome.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So, how many players DO regret the Tortorella firing? When the thread first popped up, I said none. Now, I'd say...still none?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
That he had only 1 assistant and practiced the powerplay sparingly, at best, was incomprehensible considering how poor the results.

Yeah - referencing the title of this thread, I'm sure the players really miss the impotent power play, the 5-on-3 that couldn't score, etc.

Torts did some good things in his tenure, but this was a definite screw-up. Stubborn guy.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
:laugh:

Between him and Torts, nevesis and Lundqvist, and that one dude with Girardi, I didn't know so many parents of players posted on this board.

I think Boyle has some family here too. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

At least no Del Zotto's come around though.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Even if we don't make the play offs for the next few seasons, the changes AV made to this team and the way they play is enough to make me feel satisfied. I'm very happy with our new coach, and very happy Torts is long gone.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Even if we don't make the play offs for the next few seasons, the changes AV made to this team and the way they play is enough to make me feel satisfied. I'm very happy with our new coach, and very happy Torts is long gone.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can talk about professional competition like its a broadway show or sitcom.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
It never ceases to amaze me how people can talk about professional competition like its a broadway show or sitcom.

I prefer to see fast skating and great passing, not dump and chase. I prefer to watch offensive play, than to be trapped in our zone for endless minutes watching players stand around and block pucks, and have no idea how to get the puck out.

Don't think that makes it a broadway show or sitcom if I prefer to watch one style over another.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I prefer to see fast skating and great passing, not dump and chase. I prefer to watch offensive play, than to be trapped in our zone for endless minutes watching players stand around and block pucks, and have no idea how to get the puck out.

Don't think that makes it a broadway show or sitcom if I prefer to watch one style over another.

It shows you value self-gratification over winning, which is just bizarre to me.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
It IS gratifying to watch a team win and also do exciting things. Much more than watching a team let their opponents set up a shooting gallery and just hope for the best and that the bones that break are ones that don't really matter.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I loved Torts. I'm not gonna hide it. I like passionate, dedicated people.

But I think what just happened shows why the Rangers made a smart move and fired him.

For as much as Torts preaches the team concept, in the end it always winds up being about him. He becomes a negative distraction.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have shown anger over what Hartley tried to pull. He took it too far....and he probably takes other situations too far as well.

Losing control like that does not send the message that leadership behind the bench is solid. It's clownish behavior and reflects poorly on all concerned.

Torts has his enemies. And he just showed why he's such an easy mark.

Upstairs at MSG they are breathing a sigh of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad