how many goals does Auston Matthews score this year?

how many goals does Matthews score this year?

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is set to take over as the best goal-scorer in the league.

He looks incredibly deadly on that right side on the PP. Nothing to prove at ES, already proven he's the best there.

For the first time in his career he will be receiving legitimate deployment to maximize his goal scoring.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Matthews is set to take over as the best goal-scorer in the league.

He looks incredibly deadly on that right side on the PP. Nothing to prove at ES, already proven he's the best there.
Absolutely. He hasn't been overrated at all by those that actually watch hockey, only to the hockeydb heroes.

Reactions: IPS

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
You can see why there's this constant delusion and fairy tale hyperbole around Matthews.

I'm not in Canada so I am not bombarded by this but just take a look;

MhJWH6d

yyiZ8IX.jpg

It's like a 2 goal game is unheard of and never been done before.

It's almost as if TSN is catering to their main audience, and not hockey fans in Southern California. Go figure!

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
And you've been nothing but wrong about Matthews the entire time :laugh:
Wrong. I've consistently said he's a 50 goal, 45 assist player and I don't see the potential for 100 points consistently from him except maybe in a career year where everything goes right. Feel free to check out my posting history.

I do know that in the past you've liked to participate in threads comparing him to McDavid (laughable) and claiming he's an Art Ross contender (also laughable). Have you finally changed your tune?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
People need to vote with their brains and not click on articles they don't want to see/read more of. Page clicks determines the prominence of articles/headlines. Leaf fans do not out-number non-Leaf fans, so the absurd amount of Leafs content is due to non-Leaf fans continually clicking it beyond the rate they click on non-Leaf content.

You're assuming that the majority of non Canadian fans spend a lot of time on TSN?
Outside of a small % of American hockey fans looking for additional content they are catering to 7 primary franchises. Some of those franchises have TV deals with TSN. I think that connection and population are what drive the imbalance in articles on the site.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
How is that related to my comment that you quoted ??

My bad, I thought you were the one who said:

Some folks in this thread are going to be buried alive by the amount of crow they'll have to eat

Imo, auston has been fairly over rated during his career so far. Every year lists put him above centers who go on to have a better season then him. Hopefully this year he can outperform his positional rankings.

Reactions: retr0

Mar 26, 2010
My bad, I thought you were the one who said:

Imo, auston has been fairly over rated during his career so far. Every year lists put him above centers who go on to have a better season then him. Hopefully this year he can outperform his positional rankings.
Hmmmm. How do you like this now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad