how many goals does Auston Matthews score this year?

how many goals does Matthews score this year?

• Total voters

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I'm not trying to sound condescending, but I'm not really sure what you're point is? You placed Matthews at 50-55 and I placed him at 55-60. What exactly are we disagreeing about?? After having watched every single NHL game he's played, I feel pretty optimistic about his goal scoring ability. Things are lining up nicely for him, considering things like an expected increase in ice time, pp time, new one timer on off wing, better linemates (Nylander def has got his mojo back), and now having 3 seasons experience behind him, I truly expect an outstanding season from him. Dave Poulin, picked him 3rd overall in the TSN fantasy pool, it gives you an idea what the real experts are projecting for him. The only real question mark is staying healthy, but we all know that.
I believe you and others are already putting him as the best goal scorer in the league when he clearly isn't and nothing points to him being that. My point is that he has the potential to do it, but doing it being projected to do it are massively different things.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You can see why there's this constant delusion and fairy tale hyperbole around Matthews.

I'm not in Canada so I am not bombarded by this but just take a look;

MhJWH6d

yyiZ8IX.jpg

It's like a 2 goal game is unheard of and never been done before.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
You can see why there's this constant delusion and fairy tale hyperbole around Matthews.

I'm not in Canada so I am not bombarded by this but just take a look;

MhJWH6d

yyiZ8IX.jpg

It's like a 2 goal game is unheard of and never been done before.

People need to vote with their brains and not click on articles they don't want to see/read more of. Page clicks determines the prominence of articles/headlines. Leaf fans do not out-number non-Leaf fans, so the absurd amount of Leafs content is due to non-Leaf fans continually clicking it beyond the rate they click on non-Leaf content.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Ha!

A healthy Matthews will score as many as he wants lol

Just watch the game tonight, he is a MONSTER he is next level.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Ha!

I thought he was only okay tonight but with a shot like that he's always a threat to score.

Reactions: DanM

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ha!

I thought he looked more dominant in the Ottawa game (not just because he scored more goals -- looked flat out dominant as opposed to just good), but no goalie is saving that shot tonight.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I thought he looked more dominant in the Ottawa game (not just because he scored more goals -- looked flat out dominant as opposed to just good), but no goalie is saving that shot tonight.
I agree with that. He looked better against Ottawa. Looked unstoppable. In regards to the poll if he stay healthy he will score 50.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

I think you are right as well, a very good point. I think maybe the last thing for him, besides health, is to be completely dominant consistently. I think this comes with being healthy all year, but I think if all comes together you have a pretty awesome player.

retr0

May 7, 2018
Somewhere between 28-38. Man made of glass probably injures himself couple of times.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I believe you and others are already putting him as the best goal scorer in the league when he clearly isn't and nothing points to him being that. My point is that he has the potential to do it, but doing it being projected to do it are massively different things.

I predicted that he will lead the league in goals, which I believe you are miscontruing as anointing him as the best goal scorer in the league.

You said he "clearly isn't and nothing points to being that". You do realize how close his GPG is .52 compared to Ovechkin's at .54. One is 22 years old while the other is 34 years old. This is a prediction thread afterall. Its reasonable to think Matthews is on the verge of becoming the league's best scorer. Laine could to, if he ever gets his shit together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad