How many games will the Kings have to lose to get the best odds at the #1 pick?

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
28 games 21 points

56 games 42 points

82 games 60-62 points?

That might work, team cannot lose focus on staying unfocused :)

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I get why they changed it but I think if you finished dead last you should drop no further than 3rd overall.

And that's why they made it 4th. Just that little more of a reason not to tank. They'll make it 5th before they make it 3rd.

Being last place is the best thing for this team, but I just can't get excited about losing for the tank. I still cheer for the Kings to win each game, although I am aware of the reality of the situation.

You can root for the tank, or want them to win, but they're going to do what they do on the ice, and the lottery will go how the lottery goes, both independent of fan wishes. Whatever you have to do to enjoy the couple hours every game, go for it.

Reactions: lumbergh

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Remains to be seen if he will spend his career with the Kings. He still has 8 years left on his deal after this one, but you are correct he is a generational talent. I am not a fan of the attitude and persona though.

Well, you said "good portion of their career", Doughty's been here 10 years already, if you can believe it. I have a hard time believing Blake would trade him. He knows he'd not find another D like him during his tenure as GM here. I agree with you about Drew's bullshit though. It's old but hey, Crosby's a whiny bitch. It happens.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well, you said "good portion of their career", Doughty's been here 10 years already, if you can believe it. I have a hard time believing Blake would trade him. He knows he'd not find another D like him during his tenure as GM here. I agree with you about Drew's bull**** though. It's old but hey, Crosby's a whiny *****. It happens.
Yeah, I get that. I probably was taking Doughty for granted. Maybe because outside the number of minutes he is eating, he hasn't really been his old dominating self.

I don't think Blake would willingly trade Doughty. Doughty would have to ask out.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The tank must be combined with a major sell off of any contract between $2m and $5m.

It’s about quantity of ELCs next year as much as where we pick.

I see nothing standing in the way of this team losing 32 games. The question is who will pull a Willsie and cause the Kings to pick second. My money is on Thompson.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, you said "good portion of their career", Doughty's been here 10 years already, if you can believe it. I have a hard time believing Blake would trade him. He knows he'd not find another D like him during his tenure as GM here. I agree with you about Drew's bull**** though. It's old but hey, Crosby's a whiny *****. It happens.

Most franchises haven't EVER had a Drew Doughty.

I get it times are hard, but we take him, Quick, Kopitar completely for granted. Especially because numbers are only a portion of the game Kopitar plays. Hard-pressed to find a guy more dominant all over the ice at his best. If Bergeron weren't in the league being arguably the best defensive forward of all time, Kopitar would already be a legend for being up there.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The tank must be combined with a major sell off of any contract between $2m and $5m.

I see nothing standing in the way of this team losing 32 games. The question is who will pull a Willsie and cause the Kings to pick second. My money is on Thompson.

Absolutely guaranteed. On the powerplay, too.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kings could lose the rest of the season and still not pick first.Its about the lottery balls.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Kings could lose the rest of the season and still not pick first.Its about the lottery balls.

Kings will finish last but the Stanley Cup champion of 2019 will by drafting first overall this year. Why?

Attachments

• because-f***-you-thats-why_o_781724.jpg
    because-f***-you-thats-why_o_781724.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Reaper45

KingsRule

Jul 1, 2008
SoCal

haha... would you rather have had stamkos in that draft or doughty though? Willsie altered the course of this organization. although maybe wed have more than 2 cups by now with stamkos?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018

Doughty is not a generational talent by any measure. Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid. It's a small group.

At least it looks like Doughty will be Kings lifer - or at least for the years that matter.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Doughty is not a generational talent by any measure. Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid. It's a small group.

At least it looks like Doughty will be Kings lifer - or at least for the years that matter.
I would say that your definition of generational is misplaced. You're confusing "top 5 all time" (McDavid still very much in doubt on that list) with generational. Doughty has a very convincing argument as the best defenseman of his generation, hence generational.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Big night with the Hawks and Kings playing at the same time. Any point by the Hawks guarantees the Kings remain 31st by the end of the night. The Hawks are playing the better team though. But, the Kings are the worst home team in the league. But, the Devils are the worst road team in the league.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
When does SportsClubStats start showing the ''records for rest of season to make playoffs" column? Their stats would also point towards the worst records. Getting the first pick would be a great landmark for the rebuild.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Reactions: BallPointHammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad