How many games will the Kings have to lose to get the best odds at the #1 pick?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
So, I'm not doing the previous tradition this year - the valiant push to make the playoffs is just not even a fun narrative to think about at this point.

So, instead I'm looking at the math for how poorly the Kings will have to do to get the best odds at the #1 pick (yes, nothing is guaranteed because of the lottery, yadda yadda, let's just take all of that discussion as already had, shall we?)

As of the morning of 12/4/18, Chicago has the 2nd-worst winning percentage in the league, projected at 67 standings points. Therefore, in order to secure the highest odds of the top pick, the Kings need to get no more than 45 points in their remaining 55 games - or a record of 22-32-1 (a winning percentage of .409)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
As of the morning of 12/4/18, Chicago has the 2nd-worst winning percentage in the league, projected at 67 standings points. Therefore, in order to secure the highest odds of the top pick, the Kings need to get no more than 45 points in their remaining 55 games - or a record of 22-32-1 (a winning percentage of .409)

That's a slightly better winning% than they currently have under WD.

2 more home games before a 4 game trip. Saturday is all but a blowout loss already, so the key is for NJ to come in here tomorrow, with their 4th worst GAA, against the worst home and scoring team in the league, and find a way to win. Even if they beat the Devils though, they have a real chance to cement themselves at the bottom with the rest of the schedule this month. 12 games, and 10 are definitely losable, outside of a any given Sunday scenario. Then January doesn't necessarily start any easier.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
I too am embracing the tank.

U0rV7JW.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Being last place is the best thing for this team, but I just can't get excited about losing for the tank. I still cheer for the Kings to win each game, although I am aware of the reality of the situation.
Honestly, f most of these players and their lack of effort on most nights. Quick and Brown seem to be the only warriors on this roster.

I am rooting for the Kings to get the #1 pick overall. Not for the players, not for Robitaille or Blake, but because the fans deserve it. The Kings have never had a generational talent come to them in the draft and spend a good portion of their career with the Kings. I would like to see that, and win or lose, a player who brings fans to their feet.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Honestly, f most of these players and their lack of effort on most nights. Quick and Brown seem to be the only warriors on this roster.

I am rooting for the Kings to get the #1 pick overall. Not for the players, not for Robitaille or Blake, but because the fans deserve it. The Kings have never had a generational talent come to them in the draft and spend a good portion of their career with the Kings. I would like to see that, and win or lose, a player who brings fans to their feet.

Doughty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->