How long will David Quinn be coach?

How long will David Quinn be coach?

• Fired before end of the season?

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Fired after the season ends?

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Continues to coach the sharks next year?

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Finishes out his contract?

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I knew Quinn was a bad coach when he was on the Rangers. My favorite Quinn moment was when the whole coaching staff went down with Covid and the team responded to that crisis by beating the Flyers 9-0. Here's the pic I used to put up when there were Quinn moments. You guys need it so much more than we ever did.
Found a couple more. Sad Quinny for when you lose and WTF Quinny for when he doesn't like the refs call.

Attachments

• w3CwZylw_400x400.jpg
    w3CwZylw_400x400.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • D_PnDZjUEAA3jHN.jpg
    D_PnDZjUEAA3jHN.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No, Quinn was hired a few weeks after Grier became GM.

I actually don't mind Quinn. Not sure if it's because of the already low expectations for this team, or the fact that I'm expecting him to be replaced once this rebuild is eventually over, but I'm kinda curious what he'd look like with a semi-decent roster.

He doesn't seem as unlikable as Deboer, and he doesn't take himself as serious or think he's the smartest person in the room like McLellan.
Why is it always complete imbeciles like McLellan that think they are the smartest guy in the room?

Reactions: ChompChomp

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I'm convinced Joe Will is the Littlefinger/Varys of front office politics

Teflon Don over here

Reactions: ieglover

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I'm convinced Joe Will is the Littlefinger/Varys of front office politics

Teflon Don over here
My theory continues to be that Becher effectively speaks for Hasso and rather than DW going to Hasso and getting sign off like I assume was the case in the past, Becher is actively engaged in decision making.

Edit: He was pretty front and center during the Wilson transition and I feel like I've heard from him or seen him far more than I ever remember seeing anyone outside of the GM with this team.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I think he finishes out his contract. I hope he’s out the second the team starts to turn it around though. I get that he’s had terrible rosters to work with, but the team has had nothing resembling a system since he’s come on board.
I think the lack of a specific system is by design to get the most out of Karlsson last year and the newcomers this year.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
If the fans have tuned out David Quinn (who says the same things after every loss), what do you think the players have done in the locker room?

One more consecutive loss is all I’d give him.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Why is Warsofsky not the head of the Barracuda and then give him the job in a couple year time?
I feel like he’d only do that if he couldn’t get another job elsewhere (should this current staff get fired). An NHL assistant coach is a higher position than AHL head coach. He already won the Calder Cup as a head coach, so I don’t see why he’d want to be the Barracuda head coach unless he had no other option.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Why change him? Tanking for draft choice is the only thing we have to look forward to no matter who's the coach.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
He won’t make to thanksgiving, they will likely give up 15 tonight to set another NHL record. The roster is bad but there’s no excuse for them to not to atleast be prepared and actually try and compete every night

• Wow

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Be careful what you wish for Sharks fans, the Habs tanked two years in a row and have Slafkovsky and Reinbacher to show for it 😏
The way this dumpster fire is being ran right now the sharks might find themselves in a Quebec Nordiques/Lindros situation even if they get the #1 overall

• Wow

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
IMO that's even sillier. Grier and Quinn are extremely tight and they both knew this team was going to stink. It would take some sort of off-ice scandal for Quinn not to at least finish his 3-year contract with the Sharks.

It also just looks really bad on the GM/front office/ownership to fire a coach after one season and change especially when the roster is this bad and expectations of success are nonexistent.
So you’re saying Quinn is a nepotism hire for garbage tier Grier? If that’s the case he should be gone too

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So you’re saying Quinn is a nepotism hire for garbage tier Grier? If that’s the case he should be gone too
It's not nepotism just because you knew a guy personally before hiring him. Nepotism is more like hiring your son who never played pro hockey and has no scouting experience as a NHL's team director of amateur scouting.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Not really. It's a case where I'm sure Quinn knew exactly what Grier's MO was going forward. Quinn may not be a great coach, but he's not an idiot. He could have seen what he was brought in for and this was undoubtedly his only chance at making it back to the NHL.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Not really. It's a case where I'm sure Quinn knew exactly what Grier's MO was going forward. Quinn may not be a great coach, but he's not an idiot. He could have seen what he was brought in for and this was undoubtedly his only chance at making it back to the NHL.
That’s a fair way of looking at it in terms of it was his only way back into the league, I still think he should be shitcanned though lol

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That’s a fair way of looking at it in terms of it was his only way back into the league, I still think he should be shitcanned though lol
Pretty much the only coaches you'll be able to bring in with this debacle are other similar type desperate outcasts or complete unknowns, who I doubt would do any better.

I'd still love to bring in Ted Nolan for the circus aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad