How long will David Quinn be coach?

How long will David Quinn be coach?

• Fired before end of the season?

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Fired after the season ends?

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Continues to coach the sharks next year?

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Finishes out his contract?

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
No matter who is the coach, they are going to be a lame duck, transitional guy until we actually can field a competitive team anyway. Coaches don't last long in this league. I guess it would be cathartic to scapegoat Quinn and get rid of him, but its not going to accomplish anything really. I don't care either way.

He's under contract for this year and next and I'm fine with just running out his contract while accumulating pieces and then try to find the long term guy in 2025.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
He needs to go now. This record is an absolute embarrassment; the actual record isn't too different from what I was expecting, but the team is worse than the sum of its parts. There is no fight, no chemistry, no effort from anybody. They've resigned themselves to being a basement team, and I can't stand it.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
I can't help but think he'll get the hook if they lose another 3-4 games straight. That would put the Sharks in record holding territory with a 0-13-1 record. And if it were to get worse, there is no way he would survive a 0-20-1 start.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Who would sign up for the job given this roster? I can't see a lot of people stoked to work hard polishing this "stuff" when they know going in there is no chance of success or a future.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
He should be fired immediately. He has had enough time with this team to show some kind of redeeming quality. There is absolutely none.

The defensive zone ‘zone defence’ system doesn’t work with this team, and is why they look like they’re constantly on the kill. Offence is just non-existent outside of some individual good play from the likes of Eklund (pity Quinn anchors him with Kunin).

We are being forced to watch Vlasic, Ferraro, Benning, and Rutta consistently be awful but still get played over Knyzhov or Thrun.

The team is f***ing awful, so I’d rather have rookies make a couple of mistakes they can learn from rather than have them in the press box or stuck with the Cuda (who are almost as big of an embarrassment as the sharks).

Reactions: ChompChomp

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He should be fired immediately. He has had enough time with this team to show some kind of redeeming quality. There is absolutely none.

The defensive zone ‘zone defence’ system doesn’t work with this team, and is why they look like they’re constantly on the kill. Offence is just non-existent outside of some individual good play from the likes of Eklund (pity Quinn anchors him with Kunin).

We are being forced to watch Vlasic, Ferraro, Benning, and Rutta consistently be awful but still get played over Knyzhov or Thrun.

The team is f***ing awful, so I’d rather have rookies make a couple of mistakes they can learn from rather than have them in the press box or stuck with the Cuda (who are almost as big of an embarrassment as the sharks).
Most of what you mentioned as negatives are not even in Quinn's control.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Everyone knows his given a bad team. Not a surprise we're terrible, however no team should be this indifferent.

This level of trash can permanently turn away fans.

Reactions: landshark

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Him and Grier are superb tank commanders!! DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Have Ryan Warsofsky take over as HC once we get Celebrini/Eiserman this year and Missa/Hagens next year!
Two college players will definitely want to come to the club getting pumped 8-10 goals and not winning a game…

It’d be the Sharks’ luck that they finally get a first overall only for him to stay in college until he can choose where he wants to sign.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Most of what you mentioned as negatives are not even in Quinn's control.
Which parts?

Defensive and offensive zone systems - strictly a coaching decision.

Lineup decisions and lines - strictly a coaches decision.

Sending Bordeleau and Thrun to a shithouse AHL team - technically that’s Grier move but it’s based on Quinn’s direction.

This is a historically badly performing team, it is not a historically bad roster (it’s a bad roster for sure though.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Everyone knows his given a bad team. Not a surprise we're terrible, however no team should be this indifferent.

This level of trash can permanently turn away fans.
Fans weren't showing up anyway. The only way to get them back is by going through this exact process and (hopefully) getting elite players at the top of the draft.

This poll is ridiculous. Quinn isn't going anywhere. Have some patience.

Jul 10, 2010
If you voted yes to this season, who do you want to replace him, and just how different do you expect the results to be.

we have zero (0) top 4 dmen, and 1 (Ferraro) top 6 on a decent team. Thurn excluded due to the numbers game.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If you voted yes to this season, who do you want to replace him, and just how different do you expect the results to be.

we have zero (0) top 4 dmen, and 1 (Ferraro) top 6 on a decent team. Thurn excluded due to the numbers game.
The yes is not "should" he get fired it's "will". I think he'll get fired this season but I don't think any other coach is going to make this team better than a bottom 3 team.

Reactions: Kat Predator

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Two college players will definitely want to come to the club getting pumped 8-10 goals and not winning a game…

It’d be the Sharks’ luck that they finally get a first overall only for him to stay in college until he can choose where he wants to sign.
His dad works for the Warriors and he's from the Area and a former Jr. Shark.

Reactions: Sandisfan

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Fans weren't showing up anyway. The only way to get them back is by going through this exact process and (hopefully) getting elite players at the top of the draft.

This poll is ridiculous. Quinn isn't going anywhere. Have some patience.
This poll isn’t about what people on the forum want, it’s about what we think Ownership and Management will do with Quinn after losing 10 in a row and looking terrible doing it. Like it or not, sports teams/franchises don’t always make the “right” decision.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
This poll isn’t about what people on the forum want, it’s about what we think Ownership and Management will do with Quinn after losing 10 in a row and looking terrible doing it. Like it or not, sports teams/franchises don’t always make the “right” decision.
IMO that's even sillier. Grier and Quinn are extremely tight and they both knew this team was going to stink. It would take some sort of off-ice scandal for Quinn not to at least finish his 3-year contract with the Sharks.

It also just looks really bad on the GM/front office/ownership to fire a coach after one season and change especially when the roster is this bad and expectations of success are nonexistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad