How long do you want Gardiner signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He said clearly that Franson is better overall.

I really don't get this.

Yes he said that Franson is better. When called out for it, he explained that he meant it from an arbitration standpoint. He could have explained that better the first time around. That's the crime here? Are we not allowed to articulate something badly on these boards anymore, without having it hanging over us indefinitely?

As for the subject itself, I don't really see anything outlandish with the idea that in an arbitration case, Franson would be valued higher than Gardiner. From most of what I have read about arbitration cases, point production seem to be very central and Franson has a big lead there.

And I say that as a pretty big supporter of Gardiner who would preferably see Franson gone.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 8m
Leafs and Jake Gardiner appear to be closing in on a new contract. Indications point toward a long term deal. #TMLtalk

Sweet! I would be very happy with a long-term deal. My guess its around 4.5-5M over 5-6 years. He could easily be worth a lot more if he has a breakout season which I think he could. I think they should lock up Kadri long-term too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/HennyTweets/status/494231514922483712

While I'd be okay with a bridge deal, I think gardiner has proven he can be a consistent top 4. as long as the cap hit is in the 3-3.5 area i'm okay with signing him long term

If this is true, I hope it is not a big cap hit, Rielly is going to be using this as future leverage, and we know he is on the cusp of big things. Rielly will need to be tied up to a core player contract, we will need cap flexibility to do this.

With Nonis, I can't say I am confident in his handling of longterm contracts or the long term implications of the cap.

I envision Gardiner as getting Liles money, he would seem to be a good comparable as a player.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Jake Gardiner has signed a $20.25M, five-year extension with the #leafs. Gives him a $4.05M AAV.

Steal. Do the same with Kadri please.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I really don't get this.

Yes he said that Franson is better. When called out for it, he explained that he meant it from an arbitration standpoint. He could have explained that better the first time around. That's the crime here? Are we not allowed to articulate something badly on these boards anymore, without having it hanging over us indefinitely?

As for the subject itself, I don't really see anything outlandish with the idea that in an arbitration case, Franson would be valued higher than Gardiner. From most of what I have read about arbitration cases, point production seem to be very central and Franson has a big lead there.

And I say that as a pretty big supporter of Gardiner who would preferably see Franson gone.

He was trying to prove that Franson is worth more than Gardiner from an arbitration standpoint, after conceding that Gardiner is obviously better overall.

With that being said, Gardiner would also be worth more in arbitration, based on the stats I've presented.

Explain how a 2 point gap is a big difference? Franson has no edge in points. Gardiner has a bigger edge in goals, +/-, GD/60, and possession stats. Franson has hits. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark