How long can you take it until Oilers Mngtmnt busts out and says enough is enough????

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Maybe Chia has been distracted with big time deals like Hamonic so he won't do little ones that might give the team a bit of a boost in the short term. He might also be eyeing this coming offseason as a key one in terms of trades and moreso with signings so he doesn't want to make moves that tie his hands later on.

He's done the small trades though, Kassian for Scrivens is a small trade anything bigger than that in season is a big deal.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Injuries does not excuse the average to below average play from most of our players.

Exactly. It should be an opportunity for others to step up their games. Other than a couple guys, that continues to be a problem for this team. Whether they're incapable of it, or refuse to do it, has plagued us again this year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He's done the small trades though, Kassian for Scrivens is a small trade anything bigger than that in season is a big deal.

Sometimes those small trades that seem insignificant at the time, turn out to be much larger pieces than anticipated.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
@Woodguy55: Just regulation wins since Klef went out: Oil 1-8-6. One real win vs Jets where Oil were outshot 30-4 in final 30min & Talbot stole the win

@Woodguy55: Since McDavid went down it’s 4-15-13. Think about that for a minute. 4 regulation wins, 13 ties.

Yep. I'd like to see how Chicago would do if Panarin and Keith went down. Not saying McDavid and Klefbom are comparable to those guys as players, but those are the equivalent roles for their respective clubs, IMO. Despite being one of the deepest teams in the league, I think they'd struggle quite a bit losing those guys.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yep. I'd like to see how Chicago would do if Panarin and Keith went down. Not saying McDavid and Klefbom are comparable to those guys as players, but those are the equivalent roles for their respective clubs, IMO. Despite being one of the deepest teams in the league, I think they'd struggle quite a bit losing those guys.

I'm more concerned about the lack of several players on this team being unable to seize the opportunity afforded them with the increased ice time and PP opportunities and failing miserably. Enough with the excuses. Every team has injuries. Part of the game.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Doesn't change the fact this is not a good team. Even if they would've squeaked into the playoffs they wouldn't do anything once there. No d-depth, no balance in the forward group, lacking a PP QB, questionable goaltending etc...

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Just relax. Any team missing a generational talent and its number one dman will go on a slide.

I hope Chia is patient and makes the correct move for a true top pairing dman to put the Oilers over the top. We don't get many shots at it

How much more relaxation do you want? 9 years they've been out of the playoffs. Enough of this "oh but we're rebuilding and following the Pittsburgh,Chicago model" No you're not. Chicago and Pitt eventually improved in under that time that its taken for Edmonton. You've tanked for this guy and that guy and have done little to show for it.

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
Just relax. Any team missing a generational talent and its number one dman will go on a slide.

Who is the generational talent, an 18 year old kid who has yet to play a full season in the NHL? McDavid has a long ways to go before he'll be considered on the level of an Ovechkin or Crosby.

Also, Klefbom is not the clear cut number one D on this team. Nor does he have a big impact most nights.

Injuries are an excuse. McDavid and Klefbom will not make this team magically into a playoff team.

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
How much more relaxation do you want? 9 years they've been out of the playoffs. Enough of this "oh but we're rebuilding and following the Pittsburgh,Chicago model" No you're not. Chicago and Pitt eventually improved in under that time that its taken for Edmonton. You've tanked for this guy and that guy and have done little to show for it.

The pittsburgh and chicago model comparisons are long gone now and should never be even considered similar anymore. . They should have made the playoffs at least 2 years ago to even be cross referenced to them. Both teams after drafting there premium draft picks ( Crosby, Malkin) and Kane, Toews, made the playoffs within 2 years, and had won the stanley cup by year 4, while the oilers are still at the bottom since 2010.
Obviously there was a reset in the last offseason, with new coaches , gm, and mcdavid, but im not sure should that still give them a pass for another 2 years. Thats why i would advocate making a move to move out bigger pieces than previous scrivens, gordons, and possibly purcells and schultzs. Time to move a Hopkins or Eberle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad