How long can you take it until Oilers Mngtmnt busts out and says enough is enough????

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Sorry i can't take it anymore... I need the Oilers to take a stand and say...what......this sucks....i can't take it anymore. we need to show a little heart before we lose. ( we lose...no loose as according to Stauffer for giving crap to the hilbilly who made a spelling mistake today on the radio... sorry Bob, not everyone has a UofA degree.)

I couldn't take it any more about 4 years ago.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Losses are just whatever at this point. Some are frustrating but for the most part it's just another in a long line of 'em that the organization doesn't seem to fret too much about. They don't seem to be worried, why should we?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I think I was one of the more optimistic people on here, and I'm trying to be as fair to Chiarelli as possible because he inherited some bad contracts, but I think my patience is just about through. Worst defensive group in the league and Chiarelli doesn't do much to address it (1 NHL dman added). Did he really need to waste what looks to be an entire season to evaluate that he took over a majorly flawed core?

A full decade of being a laughingstock. Wonderful.

i hear you man, i live in calgary so i get to hear about it every friggin day. lol oilers hahaha lol oilers. We ve seen every other team get better over the last decade and we still suck. its terrible.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
The rest of my life!

I've had too many real problems for failure to make me quit. It's still entertainment.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
I don't understand people expecting them to make a huge leap this year. They are making small steps but at least its in the right direction.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't understand people expecting them to make a huge leap this year. They are making small steps but at least its in the right direction.

for sure, almost no one expected a big leap this year. The one or two that said we might actually fight for playoffs even said they weren't being realistic. Most said we would be in the .500 range, maybe approaching that tier just below playoff range. There was a moment after that winning streak where people maybe thought it was possible, but the Klefbom injury put an end to that.

I remember at the draft, after the Reinhart trade I thought we basically lost out on the playoffs on that day. I liked that trade at the time and still do, but that pick was our chance to get a veteran Dman that we really needed, but none was available.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just relax. Any team missing a generational talent and its number one dman will go on a slide.

I hope Chia is patient and makes the correct move for a true top pairing dman to put the Oilers over the top. We don't get many shots at it

B*** S***

Simple as that, year after year other teams have injuries and get results, hell a few years back the Sens lost their norris trophy winning Dman, their starting goalie and best forward for the season and made the playoffs.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Man the low expectations around here are mind boggling. The fans are so used to losing they have accepted a one more win a year 'progress' Just sheer and utter nonsense. Look at the rest of the teams in this league, look at who is ahead of this team in the standings.

The team is a joke, still and the new regime of GM and coach are a colossal disappointment so far. They will be around for years so they have a chance to fix this team but so far they have been pure lousy in almost every way.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I'm so glad nobody in my office is a hockey fan.

i sit in an open area with 10-14 hockey fans within talking distance. the only solace i have is im winning the fantasy hockey league so far lol.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
i sit in an open area with 10-14 hockey fans within talking distance. the only solace i have is im winning the fantasy hockey league so far lol.

Woof.

There's maybe one hockey fan in my department and she's a Sharks fan so... maybe I better not talk to her today. :)

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
i hear you man, i live in calgary so i get to hear about it every friggin day. lol oilers hahaha lol oilers. We ve seen every other team get better over the last decade and we still suck. its terrible.

Arizona sucked last year and is "surprising" this year
Calgary the year before
Colorado the year before that

Oilers? nah, let's just stay the course and the continue the suck..despite changes every year

we truly only have luck on Draft Lottery day

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Calgary the year before

Oilers? nah, let's just stay the course and the continue the suck..despite changes every year

Meanwhile Columbus is only two points back...

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Man the low expectations around here are mind boggling. The fans are so used to losing they have accepted a one more win a year 'progress' Just sheer and utter nonsense. Look at the rest of the teams in this league, look at who is ahead of this team in the standings.

The team is a joke, still and the new regime of GM and coach are a colossal disappointment so far. They will be around for years so they have a chance to fix this team but so far they have been pure lousy in almost every way.

still WAAAAY too early for this....let's see what Chia does at the deadline

plus McLellan is a real NHL coach

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I was originally shooting for ten years but it looks like there might be a whole new world of failure possibilities. This season has really opened my eyes.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
At least we can move to a new rebuild with McDavid and Draisaitl, two ELITE CENTERS, and Klefbom and Nurse, two top 4 d-men, as the cornerstones. Everyone else is up for grabs, including Hall. If you could get a player like OEL, Josi, Hedman, etc, for Hall, you have to make that kind of deal.

I'm going to be very interested this summer to see what PC does. I could see two of three of RNH, Hall and Eberle being moved.

RoboNerdOK

HFBoards Snarkster
Jun 30, 2011
Oklahoma City Metro

I think that big winning streak didn't help things. It showed a bit of what this team could eventually become, but at this point we don't have the tools in depth to sustain it. I think we'll get there though, given some more help on the blue line. Meanwhile, a lot of people remember that time frame versus now and think "WTF?!?"

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I think I was one of the more optimistic people on here, and I'm trying to be as fair to Chiarelli as possible because he inherited some bad contracts, but I think my patience is just about through. Worst defensive group in the league and Chiarelli doesn't do much to address it (1 NHL dman added). Did he really need to waste what looks to be an entire season to evaluate that he took over a majorly flawed core?

A full decade of being a laughingstock. Wonderful.

No kidding, I guess Chia just took the easy road and preached a little patience when long suffering fans were ready for a Flippin minor Flippin deal for a Flippin defenceman.

Big mistake after that 6 game win streak with Klefbom going down and nothing done. We were turning the corner nicely, even without McDavid.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Calgary the year before

At least we're consistent:sarcasm:

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
The team is light years better than the last few years. Nobody on this board honestly thought the Oilers were going to sniff playoffs this year, so why are you upset? For the most part they're going toe to toe with the top teams and playing much better hockey. Not Chia's fault he was burdened with some of the dead weight players, which will be taken care of this summer and more roster moves made

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Honestly if we finish bottom 5 again NHL should just take our 2016 1st pick and 2017 1st pick away.
This franchise of ours is pathetic.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
still WAAAAY too early for this....let's see what Chia does at the deadline

plus McLellan is a real NHL coach

Let's see what <insert gm name here> can do at the <deadline, draft, free agency> for <insert year here>.

McLellan is not looking like a real NHL coach with this team. The Oilers look as bad as they have have. Bad special teams, some players going totally into the tank for long periods of time.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The team is light years better than the last few years. Nobody on this board honestly thought the Oilers were going to sniff playoffs this year, so why are you upset? For the most part they're going toe to toe with the top teams and playing much better hockey. Not Chia's fault he was burdened with some of the dead weight players, which will be taken care of this summer and more roster moves made

How can you possibly say they are light years better? How can you? The same metric that MacT got totally killed on last year? 'Visually were are better?'

None of that matters at all, by this point wins and losses are the only thing that matters. We are near dead last, every dog team in the league is ahead of us except the jackets who seem to have tossed in the towel early and are still a whopping 3 points behind us. Oh yeah with last nights loser point we vaulted ahead of Buffalo but they have 2 games in hand.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Let's see what <insert gm name here> can do at the <deadline, draft, free agency> for <insert year here>.

McLellan is not looking like a real NHL coach with this team. The Oilers look as bad as they have have. Bad special teams, some players going totally into the tank for long periods of time.

What? IMO it's night and day. We were in maybe 40% of games last year. This year it's closer to 90%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad