How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

• Total voters

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If they play the next two like their 1st two they're probably out in the 1st round.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
First-round exit, unfortunately. They just don't have it and the middle six is killing them.

THAT SAID - if they can turn it on, they could win the cup. I just don't think they care enough.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
First-round exit, unfortunately. They just don't have it and the middle six is killing them.

THAT SAID - if they can turn it on, they could win the cup. I just don't think they care enough.
Did anyone think the Bruins were going to win the Cup in 2011 when they lost the first two games to Montreal ( in Boston ) and were trailing in game 3 going into the 3rd period ? They were dead in the water but turned it around . This team is resilient, they won’t go down easy .

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Did anyone think the Bruins were going to win the Cup in 2011 when they lost the first two games to Montreal ( in Boston ) and were trailing in game 3 going into the 3rd period ? They were dead in the water but turned it around . This team is resilient, they won’t go down easy .
The Bruins had far more depth on offense that season than they do no. Their middle six is incredibly inconsistent and we're relying on unproven talent to succeed.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Way to early to respond to this poll.

I'm waiting for at least one or two playoff games before responding.

Definitely. It's basically a new season. Hard to tell after one game that is not terribly meaningful. Normally you can get an idea toward the end of the season how a team will do, but that was months ago. I have zero idea how far they will go.

Reactions: caz16 and Blowfish

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The Bruins will be the better team in the first round. The second round it is more uncertain.
If it's Pittsburgh or Carolina off the bat (which is more likely at this point), I don't like those chances. If it's Islanders or lower I like that better, although still not great. I think both the Leafs and Jackets would cause issues.

Reactions: Jaguar God

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If it's Pittsburgh or Carolina off the bat (which is more likely at this point), I don't like those chances. If it's Islanders or lower I like that better, although still not great. I think both the Leafs and Jackets would cause issues.

Is there anyone you actually like their chances against?

Every team in the qualifiers has large holes

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is there anyone you actually like their chances against?

Every team in the qualifiers has large holes
Going into the break I would've loved getting the Isles, but I think this whole thing has put a huge dent in their chances. Definite lack of preparedness, holes in the middle 6 that haven't been plugged at all (if the RS played out normally maybe someone would have emerged), and lacking intensity compared to all the other teams. I also think there's a legit concern that skill be hampered on the top line with this ice; that line is so reliant on skill and passing compared to a lot of other lines. I would still have them as the favorite against the Isles/Panthers/Rangers/Habs, 50/50 vs. the Leafs/Jackets and underdog vs. Pens/Canes.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Going into the break I would've loved getting the Isles, but I think this whole thing has put a huge dent in their chances. Definite lack of preparedness, holes in the middle 6 that haven't been plugged at all (if the RS played out normally maybe someone would have emerged), and lacking intensity compared to all the other teams. I also think there's a legit concern with skill be hampered on the top line with this ice; that line is so reliant on skill and passing compared to a lot of other lines. I would still have them as the favorite against the Isles/Panthers/Rangers/Habs, 50/50 vs. the Leafs/Jackets and underdog vs. Pens/Canes.

I think you're way overthinking the lack of preparedness and intensity so far

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Pittsburgh looking like crap against the lowly Habs and you wouldn’t like the Bruins chance?

It’s a disaster!

Reactions: gillesgilbert

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Carolina has an offense and a goalie that benefits the Bruins. They are a hard working, terrific skating team but the Bruins should dispose of them with ease again.

Pittsburgh can be outscored 6-4 if needed.

Islanders or Toronto should be dominated by the Bruins. Columbus is a tougher match up because of their style of play. It is very anti-skill team which the Bruins are now more than ever it seems.

I'm not sure who the other opponents could be depending on situations.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Going into the break I would've loved getting the Isles, but I think this whole thing has put a huge dent in their chances. Definite lack of preparedness, holes in the middle 6 that haven't been plugged at all (if the RS played out normally maybe someone would have emerged), and lacking intensity compared to all the other teams. I also think there's a legit concern that skill be hampered on the top line with this ice; that line is so reliant on skill and passing compared to a lot of other lines. I would still have them as the favorite against the Isles/Panthers/Rangers/Habs, 50/50 vs. the Leafs/Jackets and underdog vs. Pens/Canes.
The Bruins definitely have the capacity to win the Cup this season. Their defence alone is enough to win it.

But I’m with ya on the middle six and have a lot of trouble imagining them recovering from early deficits.

Personally, I believe they will flame out in the second round. Hate it, but it’s how I feel when I take the goggles off. A team built for regular season hockey.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Unfortuneately 1st or 2nd round exit. Krecji does not have wingers who can bury the puck and Coyle is in a similar situation. Let's face it Debrusk very inconsistent, Kase has not really set the league on fire, Bjork or Kuhlman do not spell fear in anyone.

They just do not have a consistent middle six and they will suffer for this.

I would gladly eat my words if they could prove me wrong.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The teams that do well in this tournament will get their you-know-what together quickly. Meanwhile the Bruins have been behind the 8-ball even getting consistent lines put together, part of that being the moves made at the deadline with very little time afterwards for the new players to gel and find their place in the line-up. Unfortunately it does not bode well for success in this tournament. They are likely to get a tough 1st round opponent now if they continue to falter in the round robin games. Nothing is really going Boston's way thus far in the Return-to-play.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Likely win the 1st round.
Not sure after that.

Tuukka is an incredible but is known to deal a real did at the most opportune time. SF game #7 for example.

So far our D appears shaky aside from MaCavoy

Our 4th seems to be working hard.
1st seems out of sync so far (plus counting the exhibition game)
Lines 2 and 3 feature Debrusk and Kuhlman. Ouch and ouch.
Debrusk is non existent. Kuhlman has hustle, no finish. Same as last year.

Reactions: LSCII

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Still just a one line team with flaws on every other line besides Bergeron's.
They can play great D and get capable stops from Rask or Halak , get great special teams on both sides of the puck. It can be done.

If you look at the Penguins offensive ability they have 5 goals in two games against Montreal. Not easy teams are bearing down . It’s about little detail things as well.

We need smart D from our D
Chara
McAvoy
Carlo
Krug
Grizz
Lauzon

Or next man up ( we know the rest)

Play physical like the last game against Tampa. I was more happy about that game even though they lost 5-3.

We need big time stops from Rask or Halak
Not take dumb penalties
Take advantage of the very few PP they will get
Play flawless on the penalty kill
Motivate themselves ( no fans)
Smart coaching

I think that might get the offense going in the way it should or will.

Now of course on the game thread I will complain about the scoring. But that me being me lol

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad