How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

• Total voters

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The teams that do well in this tournament will get their you-know-what together quickly. Meanwhile the Bruins have been behind the 8-ball even getting consistent lines put together, part of that being the moves made at the deadline with very little time afterwards for the new players to gel and find their place in the line-up. Unfortunately it does not bode well for success in this tournament. They are likely to get a tough 1st round opponent now if they continue to falter in the round robin games. Nothing is really going Boston's way thus far in the Return-to-play.

Thus far for Boston means two meaningless games.

Players that look off their game, to me, are Carlo and Krejci.

Reactions: BruinDust and LSCII

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
2nd round big upset by Canes. (4-1)
If guys show up we could win the cup but they cant turn the f***ing switch on, switch is so rusty it doesn't even move anymore.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Home ice is pointless in this scenario.

If they have to get through a 4 game hump to get their act together i'm all for it. It's better now than when the games count!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Tough to tell based on seeing only two games so far. I haven't liked the way they've played these first two games and if they continue to play like that it'll be a first round KO. If they play like they are capable of then they should be able to at minimum get to the ECF.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thus far for Boston means two meaningless games.

Players that look off their game, to me, are Carlo and Krejci.

I'd include McAvoy and Debrusk in that conversation as well.

I'm might be in the minority but it looked to me like Krejci really started to slow down once the calendar turned to 2020.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Still just a one line team with flaws on every other line besides Bergeron's.
Agreed. And what's frustrating is, even outside of breaking up that line, I really believe the personnel is there to construct 2 scoring lines, they're just being misused/mismanaged.

Reactions: LSCII

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Agreed. And what's frustrating is, even outside of breaking up that line, I really believe the personnel is there to construct 2 scoring lines, they're just being misused/mismanaged.
Of course, the practice lines today are more to my personal liking, but it's a matter of sticking to it as well.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Agreed. I thought later in the season when the 3rd line became the de facto second line and JDB was moved down to play with Coyle, they looked a lot better. I think it's tough because DK is so good, but he plays a very specific way, and I don't think they have those kinds of guys on the roster. Kind of a square peg in a round hole situation.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Agreed. I thought later in the season when the 3rd line became the de facto second line and JDB was moved down to play with Coyle, they looked a lot better. I think it's tough because DK is so good, but he plays a very specific way, and I don't think they have those kinds of guys on the roster. Kind of a square peg in a round hole situation.
Same. I like him on the 3rd line, and actually, like him on the right side too; he played there a not-negligible amount in Providence and I always liked how he looked. Also, I don't hate Kuhlman as a bottom-6 guy at all, but he needs to remain there. Kuraly type where the hands are just not there to a point where he squanders chances generated with higher-skill guys that think the game differently than he does. Wouldn't mind him with Coyle, I guess, but greatly prefer him on 4th.

Reactions: LSCII

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd include McAvoy and Debrusk in that conversation as well.

I'm might be in the minority but it looked to me like Krejci really started to slow down once the calendar turned to 2020.
I think the entire D has looked out of sorts the first 2 games. I really can't pinpoint any defenseman as looking good right now, although Carlo definitely stands out over everyone as being particularly bad. The D in general has been awful moving the puck, guys like McAvoy, Grz and Krug have of course stood out as not being as effective as they usually are as they're the primary puck-movers.

For forwards I thought Krejci was actually pretty good vs. the Jackets but was awful vs. the Flyers.

On the first line Marchand started off well vs. Philly but got into bad habits as the game went on. Pasta was fine vs. the Jackets but really bad vs. Philly. I like how Bergeron is moving and it's the usual Bergeron defensively, but his timing and execution on his shot and passes is way off.

Coyle looks OK but isn't getting much help from wingers. I think Bjork has looked OK though.

Kuraly was the best forward in the last 2 period vs. Columbus, but that entire line was awful against Philly, goal aside.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think the entire D has looked out of sorts the first 2 games. I really can't pinpoint any defenseman as looking good right now, although Carlo definitely stands out over everyone as being particularly bad. The D in general has been awful moving the puck, guys like McAvoy, Grz and Krug have of course stood out as not being as effective as they usually are as they're the primary puck-movers.

For forwards I thought Krejci was actually pretty good vs. the Jackets but was awful vs. the Flyers.

On the first line Marchand started off well vs. Philly but got into bad habits as the game went on. Pasta was fine vs. the Jackets but really bad vs. Philly. I like how Bergeron is moving and it's the usual Bergeron defensively, but his timing and execution on his shot and passes is way off.

Coyle looks OK but isn't getting much help from wingers. I think Bjork has looked OK though.

Kuraly was the best forward in the last 2 period vs. Columbus, but that entire line was awful against Philly, goal aside.

Krejci hasn't been awful, but not good either. I find when he winds up to carry the puck he just doesn't get that strong push coming out of his crossovers in order to build up speed and get to his fifth gear like he used to.

Overall I agree the entire D hasn't looked great. I can't say any of them have really played well. I wouldn't mind seeing Clifton get a game in during the round robin. He was a good contributor to last years run and I think his puck-moving and skating could come in handy against some of the faster skating teams.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Krejci hasn't been awful, but not good either. I find when he winds up to carry the puck he just doesn't get that strong push coming out of his crossovers in order to build up speed and get to his fifth gear like he used to.

Overall I agree the entire D hasn't looked great. I can't say any of them have really played well. I wouldn't mind seeing Clifton get a game in during the round robin. He was a good contributor to last years run and I think his puck-moving and skating could come in handy against some of the faster skating teams.
I've really wanted to see Clifton in. Lauzon was the better D-man down the stretch but I don't think he's looked good enough to not give Clifton a shot. I mean, they got to the Cup Final with him as the usual #6, give him a shot.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've really wanted to see Clifton in. Lauzon was the better D-man down the stretch but I don't think he's looked good enough to not give Clifton a shot. I mean, they got to the Cup Final with him as the usual #6, give him a shot.

Exactly. And I'm a big fan of Lauzon, but I don't think I'm ready to say he should be penciled in as the #6 guy and depending on the situation, Clifton might be the better option.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->