How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

How far do you think the Bruins will go in the playoffs?

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but something feels off this time around. Probably the funky restart set up, but has the hallmarks of a quick exit to me.

No effort or hustle right now, and they're playing like the Monstars stole their game

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if the team plays as weak as quite a few of the fans here... then they should have their nhl charter membership revolked

luckily, i dont think its possible to be as weak as these so called fans are

we see more and more proof every year that each playoff matchup is a crap shoot. record setting regular season teams get blow out in first round... teams in last place on jan 1 go on to win the cup... almost every series goes 7 and the few series that end quicker than that are usually the result of injuries/goaltending

when we won our cup in 2011 we lost the first 2 games against montreal and most our 'fans' were screaming for julien and chiarilli to be fired. we ended up eventually in ot game 7... that means we could have been sent to the golf courses by a single fluke bounce

thats how close it is between winning and losing

so i will suck it up and be a fan... fans are suppose to support the team. i wouldnt bet money on any of the other 23 teams to beat us. they might... but if i thought they will then i should go cheer for them. im cheering for the bruins and my money is being bet on the bruins to win

doesnt really surprise me though when i look at the list of people predicting a first round exit. i wonder if they ever get tired of being so wrong?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Win the cup. I'm not going to overreact to two bad games, but really this year is going to be a crap shoot for who wins. Could see them lose 1st round, but I'll stay positive and say they go deep.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
tenor.gif

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
if the team plays as weak as quite a few of the fans here... then they should have their nhl charter membership revolked

luckily, i dont think its possible to be as weak as these so called fans are

we see more and more proof every year that each playoff matchup is a crap shoot. record setting regular season teams get blow out in first round... teams in last place on jan 1 go on to win the cup... almost every series goes 7 and the few series that end quicker than that are usually the result of injuries/goaltending

when we won our cup in 2011 we lost the first 2 games against montreal and most our 'fans' were screaming for julien and chiarilli to be fired. we ended up eventually in ot game 7... that means we could have been sent to the golf courses by a single fluke bounce

thats how close it is between winning and losing

so i will suck it up and be a fan... fans are suppose to support the team. i wouldnt bet money on any of the other 23 teams to beat us. they might... but if i thought they will then i should go cheer for them. im cheering for the bruins and my money is being bet on the bruins to win

doesnt really surprise me though when i look at the list of people predicting a first round exit. i wonder if they ever get tired of being so wrong?
Well I predicted the 2013 outcome and last year's outcome against the Blues. I am sure your predictions for these series were not the same.

Let's face it the Bruins are a good team but have a lot of questions up front. Every year we are always never set with the 2nd to 4th lines. Always hoping to acquire that magical ingredient that will put us over the top.

After the 1st line we really do not place fear in anyone.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm not into it yet, I've watched both games. Obviously they're not there yet, but we know this team thrives on teamwork. It needs time to jell, there's plenty of time for them to do so.

They have what it takes to go all the way, it's up to them to pay the price to get there.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Well I predicted the 2013 outcome and last year's outcome against the Blues. I am sure your predictions for these series were not the same.

Let's face it the Bruins are a good team but have a lot of questions up front. Every year we are always never set with the 2nd to 4th lines. Always hoping to acquire that magical ingredient that will put us over the top.

After the 1st line we really do not place fear in anyone.

Went to finals last year... crushed regular season this year

Trust me, other teams worry if we are the opponent

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
They need to get out of the 1st round. Then everything can happen. Can’t say it will win or not the SC but they sure did not look good against Columbus (did not see the Philly game).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
To other middle tier teams, yes.

To elite teams? No. The offense and goaltending aren't nearly good enough. The hard work and elite skating defense can only carry them so far.
They create so much off the forecheck. I think with the way the Bruins D have handled the puck coming back it would be really difficult to beat.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't think it will last. McAvoy, Krug, and Gryz are the perfect recipe.

If they're going for sure, the biggest standout to me so far has been the D handling the puck poorly though. Definitely an area that can be taken advantage of if the rust persists.

Do you ever actually put any thought into your posts? That's what the Hurricanes do:

3e3xltD.jpg

They dump it in more than anyone and they create chances off their forecheck more than anyone.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If they're going for sure, the biggest standout to me so far has been the D handling the puck poorly though. Definitely an area that can be taken advantage of if the rust persists.

Do you ever actually put any thought into your posts? That's what the Hurricanes do:

3e3xltD.jpg

They dump it in more than anyone and they create chances off their forecheck more than anyone.

Yet, Bruins swept them last year and are still the better team this year and should win again.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yet, Bruins swept them last year and are still the better team this year and should win again.
Things change year to year. Their best players are guys like Aho, Svechnikov and Slavin who are all young and have all improved and developed their games. In a lot of ways the break between regular season and playoffs can act as another offseason so players can build-up more strength, work on things they wouldn't usually be able to work on during the season, and that can help for the development of younger players. Both the Bruins and Hurricanes (along with the Blues) actually got more time off between the end of the 2019/20 regular season and the start of these playoffs than they did between the end of the 2018/19 season and the start of the 2019/20 season.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Things change year to year. Their best players are guys like Aho, Svechnikov and Slavin who are all young and have all improved and developed their games. In a lot of ways the break between regular season and playoffs can act as another offseason so players can build-up more strength, work on things they wouldn't usually be able to work on during the season, and that can help for the development of younger players. Both the Bruins and Hurricanes (along with the Blues) actually got more time off between the end of the 2019/20 regular season and the start of these playoffs than they did between the end of the 2018/19 season and the start of the 2019/20 season.

You have the right to like the Canes better but you will be proven wrong if they do meet. Just like your « lose in 1st round » prediction.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Also, Dougie "will never improve" Hamilton will might get back for the first round for the Canes. He would probably be a Norris finalist if it wasn't for his injury.

Canes are a good team and they will be a tough match up for any team

Reactions: Estlin

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Also, Dougie "will never improve" Hamilton will might get back for the first round for the Canes. He would probably be a Norris finalist if it wasn't for his injury.

Canes are a good team and they will be a tough match up for any team
I prefer Dougie "never wanted to play here" Hamilton myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->