Speculation: How far away from competing for a Cup are the Hawks exactly?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
LOL @ Toews being a #2C.

Most #1Cs have really good players playing next to them. Most contenders have really good Dmen, and pretty good depth.

The WCF last year didn't have a C that had 85-90pts

Ya and no one thought the western confernce had a chance in hell of winning the cup last year. Most people thought the ECF would decide the Cup. And it did

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
In b4 TCI starts referring to Seabrook as KFCeabs...to second what coldsteel said, i never could take the site seriously between the hot takes and literally every article referring to a player as a nickname...they rarely post stuff with substance...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What kind of money do you think is in that? We could put them out of business if we made our own site. No forum though. We can ***** at each other and all of that here.
no shit, we have enough personalities here that it would work...can anyone build us a damn website or should I just go to GoDaddy??? lol....

we can do podcasts and interviews - entertaining off the wall shit as well...I would like to host a 1 hour show - American Dream Hour - where for the entire hour I talk about Jack Hughes...make it happen!!

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
no ****, we have enough personalities here that it would work...can anyone build us a damn website or should I just go to GoDaddy??? lol....

we can do podcasts and interviews - entertaining off the wall **** as well...I would like to host a 1 hour show - American Dream Hour - where for the entire hour I talk about Jack Hughes...make it happen!!
someone say JACK HUGHES!?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
no ****, we have enough personalities here that it would work...can anyone build us a damn website or should I just go to GoDaddy??? lol....

we can do podcasts and interviews - entertaining off the wall **** as well...I would like to host a 1 hour show - American Dream Hour - where for the entire hour I talk about Jack Hughes...make it happen!!

Can I host a segment where I do dramatic readings of LDF posts?

Reactions: RayP

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ya and no one thought the western confernce had a chance in hell of winning the cup last year. Most people thought the ECF would decide the Cup. And it did
The argument you are making is stupid. The Cup has been won a lot in the salary era with a 60-80 pt #1C. Not to mention all those #1Cs have amazing linemates to go with them, and typically a really strong #2C. Hawks have neither.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
LOL @ Toews being a #2C.

Most #1Cs have really good players playing next to them. Most contenders have really good Dmen, and pretty good depth.

The WCF last year didn't have a C that had 85-90pts

How much would Toews score if he played with Kane and DeBrincat full time with heavy offensive zone deployment?

Both Bergeron and Seguin essentially play with their respective teams’ version of Kane and DeBrincat (Best offensive talent).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Can I host a segment where I do dramatic readings of LDF posts?
that is fine, and happy hour of course will go to Molson Fiddy...
tumblr_piofehfIqq1xkok61o1_250.jpg
tumblr_pioiekQBjq1xkok61o1_250.jpg

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How much would Toews score if he played with Kane and DeBrincat full time with heavy offensive zone deployment?

Both Bergeron and Seguin essentially play with their respective teams’ version of Kane and DeBrincat (Best offensive talent).
Not just having those guys, (who still wouldn't equal the Bergeron line) but having a decent line behind them too .because let's be honest if all 3 of those players played on one line, we would have 1 3rd line, and 2 4th lines behind them. Our depth is non-existent.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
It was mentioned in the GDT but would the addition of either Panarin/Stone and drafting one of Hughes/Kakko be enough to even sniff the playoffs? Add in another year of Delia growing and maybe 1 or 2 of the Dmen developing? I dunno. :huh::huh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It was mentioned in the GDT but would the addition of either Panarin/Stone and drafting one of Hughes/Kakko be enough to even sniff the playoffs? Add in another year of Delia growing and maybe 1 or 2 of the Dmen developing? I dunno. :huh::huh:

Adding one of Hughes or Kakko as well as Panarin or Stone would absolutely make this team a playoff team.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Adding one of Hughes or Kakko as well as Panarin or Stone would absolutely make this team a playoff team.

I dunno. That D needs some work. And 2 of the stumps are going nowhere. Let alone who is our starting G. Those two items need addressed before signing big FAs.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I dunno. That D needs some work. And 2 of the stumps are going nowhere. Let alone who is our starting G. Those two items need addressed before signing big FAs.

You're adding another 120-160 points, at minimum, with 40-60 of those being goals... This team would make the playoffs next year with Panarin and Hughes without a single other change, with Delia starting, and the D staying the same. Guaranteed. They'd win every game 6-4, but they'd make the playoffs.

Without the dumpster fire that is Ward this season, this team is likely right on the edge of a PO spot right now. Prior to yesterday's game they were only 9 points back from a wildcard spot. That's 5 wins. I can honestly say 100% that Ward is responsible for 5 losses this season. On the low end.

This team has more talent than many seem to think.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

They'd get in the playoffs, probably wouldn't do much damage.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Was reading a Lazarus article (or part of as I don’t have a subscription) and he states that if Seabrook retires earlynit will have dire consequences for the Hawks. That cannot be true. That is for the Keith like contracts signed before this CBA is t it?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Was reading a Lazarus article (or part of as I don’t have a subscription) and he states that if Seabrook retires earlynit will have dire consequences for the Hawks. That cannot be true. That is for the Keith like contracts signed before this CBA is t it?

Seabrook can retire and there are zero issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad