Speculation: How far away from competing for a Cup are the Hawks exactly?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Mitchell makes the roster if he signs. I've watched him enough to be confident in that statement.
Okay but who is he going to replace the n... is Joki gonna be sent down so he plays? Theres not a spot for him unless they finally start benching Seabs

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Okay but who is he going to replace the n... is Joki gonna be sent down so he plays? Theres not a spot for him unless they finally start benching Seabs
Keith, Seabs, and Joker aren't going anywhere
Murphy stays more than likely.

So two of Gus, Forsling, Koekkoek (sp?), and Dahlstrom will be replaced.
Outside of Gus, they are all really replacable.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
To ANA - Forsling, Perlini, Sikura
To CHI - Fowler, Eaves (LTIRetire)

To BOS - Saad
To CHI - Heinen, Lauzon

Debrincat - Toews - Kahun
Heinen - Strome - Kane
Panarin - AA - Kakko
Caggiula - Kampf - Seabrook
Fortin

Fowler - Jokiharju
Lauzon - Murphy
Keith - Gustafsson
Koekkoek/Dahlstrom

Crawford
Delia

Win cup! :):sarcasm:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is Fowler a pending UFA next? Looks like much of nothing for him. They’ll want a 1st or 2nd + good prospect

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Didn’t realize he signed that kind of extension. He’s still a good top 4 guy right?
Reading the ducks board, they haven’t been too impressed with lately. Of course he’d still be an immediate upgrade on our top 4. There’s no chance that at 6.5 million and his age they bother trading him though.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Reading the ducks board, they haven’t been too impressed with lately. Of course he’d still be an immediate upgrade on our top 4. There’s no chance that at 6.5 million and his age they bother trading him though.
Now would be a good time to take advantage of Bob Murray

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Given that Kane is having an excellent scoring year and Toews is rebounding from the past couple of years and Cat is blossoming into the scoring threat everyone hoped he would and this team is still dead last in the NHL, I think we're quite a long ways away from contending for a Cup.

Just getting to the playoffs may seem more attainable because the bar is so ridiculously low in the west this season. Normally people expect it to take 94 or 95 points, 1.15 ppg to make the playoffs. The 8th seed in the west is currently on a 1.04 ppg pace, projecting to 85 or 86 points. The playoffs at a pace like that is fool's gold.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Given that Kane is having an excellent scoring year and Toews is rebounding from the past couple of years and Cat is blossoming into the scoring threat everyone hoped he would and this team is still dead last in the NHL, I think we're quite a long ways away from contending for a Cup.

Just getting to the playoffs may seem more attainable because the bar is so ridiculously low in the west this season. Normally people expect it to take 94 or 95 points, 1.15 ppg to make the playoffs. The 8th seed in the west is currently on a 1.04 ppg pace, projecting to 85 or 86 points. The playoffs at a pace like that is fool's gold.

To be fair Toews is right Where he has been the previous three years in regards to scoring right around the 50th mark...except for last year when he was 102nd

Nhl is different where teams can rebuild much faster compared to other leagues

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
To be fair Toews is right Where he has been the previous three years in regards to scoring right around the 50th mark...except for last year when he was 102nd

Nhl is different where teams can rebuild much faster compared to other leagues

So he’s right where he was the last three years but as you admit, he’s 50 places higher than last year?

Also, his points/game is .86, highest level since the 13-14 season. Also, he’s on pace for 70 points, would be most since 10-11 season.

He’s doing this while playing the majority of the season with significantly worse linemates than he had in Hossa and Kane.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So he’s right where he was the last three years but as you admit, he’s 50 places higher than last year?

Also, his points/game is .86, highest level since the 13-14 season. Also, he’s on pace for 70 points, would be most since 10-11 season.

He’s doing this while playing the majority of the season with significantly worse linemates than he had in Hossa and Kane.

Not worth a response, honestly. He's been pushing a Toews narrative for years.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I don't like Fowler at all but no way Ducks trade him for three unproven prospects.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Some posters say Stone is a more attractive FA target than Panarin, I would like to ask from a top 6 line perspective why?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Some posters say Stone is a more attractive FA target than Panarin, I would like to ask from a top 6 line perspective why?

Similar production but offers a lot more to the game. Closest to Hossa from wingers in NHL imo.

I just don’t see him ageing well so I’d go for Panarin.

If, if somehow we could get both of them. :(

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
This team could draft Jack Hughes, and he could perform as well as advertised, but this team won't be back on top until they start playing defense.

Reactions: pvr

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I honestly don't think Stone hits free agency. No point speculating over him.

Panarin will for sure though.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I honestly don't think Stone hits free agency. No point speculating over him.

Panarin will for sure though.

Add to this that Kaner is pitching for Panarin to resign with us. He is familiar with a lot of faces as well. That has to be an advantage for us I would think. But $$ talks.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
if Pan is too expensive what are posters opinion on Wayne Simmonds .... if his camp can agree to a reasonable contract.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
for spit ballin here. however it would be an intriguing pick up.... now for that salary and yrs....
Right, it is hard to see the real worry options if Panarin or Stone arent there to get. As long as its not some bad long deal for a middle of the road type it could be fine.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Right, it is hard to see the real worry options if Panarin or Stone arent there to get. As long as its not some bad long deal for a middle of the road type it could be fine.
excellent point and that is where i was aiming at. what are the 2nd and 3rd choices if there is one.

many thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad