How do you feel about facing the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Take your trolling somewhere else.

Nothing wrong with this post.

Honestly, I'm glad we avoided the Rangers. I feel we can beat the habs or the lightning and don't really have a preference. Either way, it'll be real tough and we're definitely the underdogs. Playing Montreal certainly makes a better storyline, but I dont really want to face Price. That said, we've found ways around good goalies, I'm more scared of a good system. think it would be an exciting series.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Is patches still injured? Price scares me more then any other goalie but their forward core, especially minus patches, is underwhelming.

Pacioretty is out until at least Round 1. I guess we'll see because you never know the post-concussion syndrome. He went for a skate today alone but with no pucks.

Xamar*

What? Both the Rangers and the Lightning are way better than the Canadiens.

Yes but those teams are the elite class of the Eastern conference. None of them are favorable matchups. I'm not sure why Sens fans always try to chaulk up their season to Price. Sure he was a part of it but it's not like all their games ended 1-0. Their offense plus Subban was electric during the first half of the year even though it has slowed down a bit since Feb. Last year the Habs vs the Lightning and the Bruins were a scary team, you could see the fire in Subban's eyes. I'm just saying we need to relax with this guaranteed win stuff, the Habs are a deadly team..

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
lol at people attacking the dude. he asked a legit question....

i live in montreal and it was so damn fun last time we met in the playoffs.
i was wearing my Sens jersey and i saw Yuppi! in a corner, where some radio station was doing a promotion and boy, was it fun. people were booing me and Youppi was like challenging me and crap. Klaxons from the cars, very few idiots who wanted to fight me cuz 'ITS THEIR CITY!'.... aaaaaand Ottawa whooped their butt.

Montreal is a fun city that loves their team and i wanna do this again. Hopin for the same result.

Mynameismark*

Besides 2011... :laugh:

Nice. Going way back then eh.

0-4 this season after claiming last years playoff was a fluke. After Looch claimed he was gonna kill some guys. Your team sucks and got run over.

Funny how you guys like to say we live in the past and then that's exactly what you are doing.

Xamar*

Nice. Going way back then eh.

0-4 this season after claiming last years playoff was a fluke. After Looch claimed he was gonna kill some guys. Your team sucks and got run over.

Funny how you guys like to say we live in the past and then that's exactly what you are doing.

Amazing post

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Wait, is there a bruins and habs fan arguing on a thread in the sens board?

lolwut

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Would love the Habs.

Best match up for us. It will still be a tough series that can go either way though.

I won't be disappointed with the bolts, but a Sens-Habs series would be amazing.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I feel like no team really wants us at this point over wings or penguins. I think we have a good shot at any team in the east outside the rangers. i think we could beat the rangers but not as great as anyone else in the east.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Habs are the matchup I want. We've had their number for a couple years now, and would have a great shot at winning that series. In all seriousness though even if we're bounced in the first round I won't be disappointed. I'm just happy to be here. It's all gravy at this point.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I would never say that I would feel "confident" playing a #2 seed (which is what Montreal effectively would be if we played them*), but I think that they're the least bad of the possible matchups that we were looking at (NYR, TBL and MTL). Price is fantastic and could easily win a series on his own but I think that Tampa and New York would eat our bottom 2 pairings alive over the course of a 7-game series. Montreal doesn't have the same level of offensive depth so I think that we have a better chance of holding our own.

* Yes, I am aware of the long-shot possibility of Montreal being the #2 Atlantic team and us being #3, but it's so unlikely I'm not bothering to consider it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Preferred match up but, in all honesty, I don't see us surviving the first round unless things go exceedingly well

Getting to the playoffs was our mini Stanely Cup as far as I'm concerned

If there's one team we definitely have a solid chance at beating it's Montreal: we own them, they aren't built for the playoffs and outside of Price and Pacioretty they aren't all that threatening. The real question is how much do the Senators have in the tank still? If Ryan doesn't get out of his prolonged funk we don't stand a chance against anyone I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad