How do you feel about facing the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I prefer to play the Habs over either Tampa or the NYR, so in that sense it is the matchup we want.

However, we are on the bottom half of the draw, and we did not clinch our spot until the last day of the season. We are the clear cut underdogs in the series.

I don't really care as much about winning the series considering how we got here. I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I would look forward to it.

You might be a fine person, but so many members of your fanbase are entitled ****** that it's very easy to root against the team because of it.

It's as though we have to bow down to them because of things that happened 50 years ago.

KingK

Jan 14, 2014
Can that even happen?

If we finish 7th and Tampa finishes 2nd (Conference Standings)... so TAMPA beats Bruins and MTL loses to Toronto in regulation... Detroit gets at minimum a point vs carolina tonight... sounds like a logical outcome for all 3 games potentially, you know MTL gotta be thinking about these things right now..

1- Rangers
2- Tampa
3- MTL
4- Washington
5- Islanders
6- Detroit
7- SENS
8- Pittsburg

Rangers (1) vs Pittsburg (8)
Tampa (2) vs SENS (7)
MTL (3) vs Detroit (6)
Washington (4) vs Islanders (5)

Rangers (1)
SENS (7)
MTL (3)
Islanders (5)

so that would go..

Rangers vs SENS

and

MTL vs Islanders

Ottawa & MTL win and voila

Ottawa vs MTL for conference finals?

I think I did this right???

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Not under the new stupid divisional playoffs. The winners of the two Atlantic division playoff series must play against each other in the second round.

KingK

Jan 14, 2014
Not under the new stupid divisional playoffs. The winners of the two Atlantic division playoff series must play against each other in the second round.

Well there goes that theory lol.. too bad. Might as well face them first round then.. officially not a fan of divisional playoffs

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

What happens if there's 3 Atlantic and 1 Metro?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If we finish 7th and Tampa finishes 2nd (Conference Standings)... so TAMPA beats Bruins and MTL loses to Toronto in regulation... Detroit gets at minimum a point vs carolina tonight... sounds like a logical outcome for all 3 games potentially, you know MTL gotta be thinking about these things right now..

1- Rangers
2- Tampa
3- MTL
4- Washington
5- Islanders
6- Detroit
7- SENS
8- Pittsburg

Rangers (1) vs Pittsburg (8)
Tampa (2) vs SENS (7)
MTL (3) vs Detroit (6)
Washington (4) vs Islanders (5)

Rangers (1)
SENS (7)
MTL (3)
Islanders (5)

so that would go..

Rangers vs SENS

and

MTL vs Islanders

Ottawa & MTL win and voila

Ottawa vs MTL for conference finals?

I think I did this right???

no it would be rangers islanders and habs sens wouldnt it?
thought you had to play out your side of the bracket as in ottawa is in the montreal bracket (say they finish top seed) so the winner of detroit tampa montreal and ottawa plays the winner of pens, caps, isles and rangers in the ECF

edit: nvm answered above me

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Ottawa OWNED Montreal last time they met in the playoffs. They can and will do it again.

Last time we beat them up too, though, this team can't do that. If we lose a game or two, do we push for neil to come in? Very hypothetical obviously.

Edit: not sure on his status, is he anywhere close to available?

member 248215

I don't know I mean last time it was tough with all of the whining and *****ing and excuses. As if the Senators didn't deserve the win. This season would probably be even worse.

I love Stamkos and the Bolts fans and a showdown versus Bishop would be kind of "faithed" if you asked me. So I would prefer the Lightning.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think its gonna be very exciting series versus montreal or tampa bay but i prefer to face the habs they have a less powerful offense than the bolts and we matchup better against them i think.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
It doesn't matter what we think, we're irrelevant. :sarcasm:

Seriously, probably our best chance in the first round because of recent history but I'm wondering how much gas is left in the tank.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It doesn't matter what we think, we're irrelevant. :sarcasm:

Seriously, probably our best chance in the first round because of recent history but I'm wondering how much gas is left in the tank.
This,for sure and also Montreal will be extra motivated against us .We need to temper our expectations ,and remember we still have to play the best goalie in the league :nod:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Habs are the best option for us. That's all.

Honestly Hab fans, would you consider your team better than New York or Tampa? Especially with the injuries you have?

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Sens match up pretty well against them.

Only scary thought is Carey Price, but Sens have been a thorn in his side this year.

We have the speed to match up with them, and although they beefed up through some trades we should still be able to bully them physically.

Plus Pacioretty, who always seems to bloody score against us and have 2-3 breakaways a game, is injured.

Would be scary playing against the Lightning/Rangers being how stacked they are.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Really though... Rangers are the only team in the East that I would not want to face.

Everyone else is fine - maybe we win, maybe we don't but the only team where I think "How the hell can we beat them?" would be the Rangers.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
One of the key point is how much space Mtl will give to Karlsson. They havn't done a great job these past games and EK got tons of space supporting the forwards entering the zone cross ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad