Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I don't think I have a preference on who advances since both Vegas/Dallas will be a tough out, but would love to see Vegas get ousted in the 1st round after all their LTIR shenanigans.

First of all: Lets finish the Jets (and this will be a hard one tonight)

If we advance:

Vegas means Home-ice for us, but i think we match harder against them.

Dallas means no home-ice, but i think we match better against them......

Choose your destiny....:D

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Awesome. Happy to see the Stars close it out last night. That series is some rough and tumble stuff. Also, the least posted about series on the site lol. I tend to jump over to the teams HF threads after games just to get a taste of what their fans were thinking/posting during the games and well.... Knights GDT with 2 pages and Stars GDT (I know they mostly hangout on that other site) with 11.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Awesome. Happy to see the Stars close it out last night. That series is some rough and tumble stuff. Also, the least posted about series on the site lol. I tend to jump over to the teams HF threads after games just to get a taste of what their fans were thinking/posting during the games and well.... Knights GDT with 2 pages and Stars GDT (I know they mostly hangout on that other site) with 11.

Yeah, Vegas has no fan base yet. I think it's one of the best series left.

Reactions: missionAvs

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I disagree. Avs speed will give Vegas problems. Their D is big but not all that fast and mobile

I fear every team when the Avs get to the playoffs because of my pessimistic nature.

Last time I checked, Vegas has 1 Stanley Cup, just like us. They haven't been this utterly dominant dynasty that would be staring us down and shit kicking us for 4 straight games.

People here think we (now) have a better team than Edmonton. Well, that Oilers team was better than Vegas last year in the 2nd round and got goalie'd HARD by Adin Hill.

They can be beat.

First of all - if the Avs mind-set are like most fans on here, they are going to be in for a surprise tonight. I mean, it's certainly possible that the jets just roll-over especially if we score first and play our game but if the Avs figure it's going to be a cakewalk and play like crap, they are going to be coming back to Denver for Game #6, needlessly in my opinion. They need to take car of this tonight.

Secondly, IF they advance - I think I'd prefer to play DAL. I like our chances against either team but I don't like that historically, vegas seems to get the nod from officials over what they can get away with because Uncle Gary seemingly has endless love for them. (pulling out graves hair, kolesar concussing byram, etc... - no problems here)

I think Avs fans have this lingering disappointment about playing Dallas and Vegas in the playoffs in 2020 and 2021 and although both of those teams have improved themselves since we faced them, I'm not sure if they've actually improved more than the Avs have since that time :

Our roster facing Dallas in 2020 :

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Donskoi
Namestnikov - Compher - Nichushkin
Jost - Bellemare - Nieto

Graves - Makar
Girard - Cole
Connauton - Zadorov
E. Johnson (inj)

Hutchinson
Francouz (inj)
Grubauer (inj)

Our roster facing vegas in 2021 :

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Saad - Jost - Nichushkin
Burakovsky - Compher - Donskoi
Ranta - Bellemare - Newhook
Kadri (susp.)

Toews - Makar
Girard - Graves
Nemeth - Timmins

Grubauer
Dubnyk

It's just not close in terms of overall depth on D and the bottom-6 is lights out much harder to play against than those iterations.

Reactions: missionAvs

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
say what you will about Jamie Benn - that's exactly how I would want one of our leaders to respond to that McNabb hit

Hardest hitters in the NHL?

- McNabb
- Trouba
- Wilson

HM to Rempe?
I agree. Last year he went overboard and it cost Dallas but that was perfect response.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
I want Dallas to lose mainly because I don't want to have to watch multiple games with the terrible camera angle they have at their arena. It's so low to the ice and fans are always in the way of sight lines. Truly a miserable viewing experience.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
My wife is from Vegas originally, her favorite pastime right now is trolling her old friends on Facebook and enjoying their tears after a loss.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I want Dallas to lose mainly because I don't want to have to watch multiple games with the terrible camera angle they have at their arena. It's so low to the ice and fans are always in the way of sight lines. Truly a miserable viewing experience.
I think they should bring back the 'rail cam' on the glass :sarcasm:

edit:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
People talking about the Leafs blowing up their team if they lose. What can they really even do?

Personally I'm hoping for a sit down interview between Marner and Shanahan similar to what Melnyk and Borowiecki did for the Senators

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Chiarelli will definitely be going to Vegas for a game if they and the Avs advance.
Wanted to see a game there since expansion.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
People talking about the Leafs blowing up their team if they lose. What can they really even do?

Personally I'm hoping for a sit down interview between Marner and Shanahan similar to what Melnyk and Borowiecki did for the Senators
Fire the management and coach
Trade one of the core 4 forwards.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Fire the management and coach
Trade one of the core 4 forwards.
It would have to be Marner.

Matthews isn't going anywhere. He's the best of the bunch by far.
Nylander just resigned.
Tavares is untradeable due to his contract plus I'm sure he has a NTC and loves Toronto.

Marner is the odd guy out.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
IMG_7137.jpeg

Most surprising part of this post is that knuckle dragger landed a woman that doesn’t look like a bag of milk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad