News Article: How do you feel about an ad on the ole Blue Blanc et Rouge?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Shouldn't it be the individual team's choice if they want it or not? The Habs don't need the revenue, or is this a Bettman gimmick? I guess that this is just another way to bankroll some of his crappy pet project southern band-aid charity case franchises.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Shouldn't it be the individual team's choice if they want it or not? The Habs don't need the revenue, or is this a Bettman gimmick? I guess that this is just another way to bankroll some of his crappy pet project southern band-aid charity case franchises.
Players are probably OK with it because revenue is revenue which means bigger cap and bigger salaries.

I have the habs DVD box set, go back and look at those early games. Boards are even white. Nearly puked when the had those magical adds appear behind the goalie that could change and were special effects CGI. The ice already has enough fanfaire and little logos all over the place.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
It is the individual team's choice. Each team is allowed one ad, and there's 4 spots they can choose to put it (in this example, where the SCF patch is, where the C is, or on either shoulder). They're not required to have one if they don't want to.
POVE43EZTZM7NFWXXADF2DVYOI.JPG

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Players are probably OK with it because revenue is revenue which means bigger cap and bigger salaries.

I have the habs DVD box set, go back and look at those early games. Boards are even white. Nearly puked when the had those magical adds appear behind the goalie that could change and were special effects CGI. The ice already has enough fanfaire and little logos all over the place.
Agree with everything you wrote, enough with the marketing/advertising, it is a constant barrage of crap, and don't touch the glorious jersey, leave it as it is.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Agree with everything you wrote, enough with the marketing/advertising, it is a constant barrage of crap, and don't touch the glorious jersey, leave it as it is.
I have one, ONE reason I would allow an advert logo:

Make the tickets less and don't have corporate seats. The average joe could try to bring their family to see the habs more than once every leap year. But we know there is less of a chance of the Harlem Globetrotters winning the World Series in Istanbul than them doing something for the fans.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It is the individual team's choice. Each team is allowed one ad, and there's 4 spots they can choose to put it (in this example, where the SCF patch is, where the C is, or on either shoulder). They're not required to have one if they don't want to.
POVE43EZTZM7NFWXXADF2DVYOI.JPG
I am hoping that none of the original 6 teams place ads on their jerseys but it is what it is I guess. It's probably also possible that fans will have the option to buy a jersey without ads, I can't see any fan wanting a jersey with some other company logo on it.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I think people will buy more jerseys with the ads than without. People like branding. Maybe I am wrong, we will see in a few years.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I am hoping that none of the original 6 teams place ads on their jerseys but it is what it is I guess. It's probably also possible that fans will have the option to buy a jersey without ads, I can't see any fan wanting a jersey with some other company logo on it.
Are you aware of soccer??? It's kind of a big thing lolol.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I honestly don't really care. If I had to choose, I'd obviously say no ads, but I understand why the NHL is adding them, and it doesn't really bother me.

NBA jerseys look fine with a small ad. AHL jerseys look fine with a small ad. NHL jerseys will surely look okay too.

In the end, more money for the league is a good thing.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad