News Article: How do you feel about an ad on the ole Blue Blanc et Rouge?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I know if I was the owner of the Habs I wouldn’t do this to our jersey. I always thought of the Habs as the most sacred team in the NHL. I wish they would make a stand and say no advertisement is going to touch our f***ing jerseys. But they won’t.

Reactions: dinodebino

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
What if heineken advertised on the Habs jersey or if I hate Burger King and they advertise ?

I would just plotz

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
As long as they mesh it well with the jersey ( like the Bell on helmets), no problem.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why? The NHL makes billions of dollars.

I can see ads on Arizona jersey. But not Montreal. Molson is rich.

Because it's a business. Investors want to see continual revenue growth in whatever business they are looking at. Even if it's a mature marketplace like the nhl, stagnation or revenue decline is a red flag.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
1 ad leads to 2 then 3 then 4567.89.

Most of these owners would put ads on a cross in a church if they could get money out of it .

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
****ing hate it.

Disclaimer : I hate ads in general so this one actually makes me upset lol.

Boy I bet you're gonna love it when Musk and that other Canadian company launch satellites up in space and create "space ads" you can't ever unsee!

We're are getting closer and closer to that scene in Blade Runner where literally every inch of breathable space is covered with ads.

Reactions: Walrus26

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Don't touch the Sainte-Flanelle. Put Taco Bell ads on soulless franchises in the states but don't smear that shit on the most sacred jersey in the sport. What's next, ads on country flags? Ads on landmarks?

Pisa tower presented by Olive Garden.

Mont Rushmore, brought to you by Bed Bath and Beyond.
With the logo on George Washington's forehead

Does it even make people buy stuff? Do McDonalds really get their bucks worth for such an ad? Who doesnt know about them?
"Hmmmm I wanted to make myself some good homemade healthy meal with my wife but since I looked at my Habs jersey while searching for a nice shirt to wear I suddenly feel like letting the ingredients lose their freshness for another day and go grab a quarter-pounder"
I know I know neuro-marketing experts say the more an ad is present the more people subconsciously choose the product. Still, it's just depressing. :(

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Does this even work? Sticking an ad on the jersey is gonna make people go & buy their products or services?

Geoff can at least just stick ads for Molson Dry on them.

Garbage.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Some other images to contrast. The Spengler Cup Canada jersey vs the ones used in Olympics or Worlds

d840d8a7e4364d39b1e2dd5b1af6811f-d840d8a7e4364d39b1e2dd5b1af6811.jpg

i love the "in case you hadn't' seen the this WURTH, how about 8 other ones

Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just means I save money on buying jerseys.
Will it though? And do you want to be walking around advertising for companies and not get anything lol

Will be interesting if the jerseys they sell to the public will have ads or maybe options with ads and others with none of the ads.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Boy I bet you're gonna love it when Musk and that other Canadian company launch satellites up in space and create "space ads" you can't ever unsee!

We're are getting closer and closer to that scene in Blade Runner where literally every inch of breathable space is covered with ads.
I saw that new release and it pissed me off. We need to move away from over consumption and yet there are more and more ads everywhere.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Will it though? And do you want to be walking around advertising for companies and not get anything lol

Will be interesting if the jerseys they sell to the public will have ads or maybe options with ads and others with none of the ads.

They will. And you'll have to pay extra for those WITHOUT the ads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad