News Article: How do you feel about an ad on the ole Blue Blanc et Rouge?

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It sucks but that's today's NHL. Adapt or be left behind

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm good with it. Knew this was coming.

Watching Laval games, where ads have been on the jerseys for years now, you won't notice them in the game.

It was the same with the helmets. It was a big stink. No one said a thing about them when the games were being played.

Reactions: HabsForHire

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Well it was bound to happen. The ads on AHL jerseys aren't too intrusive but still silly. I don't like it but covid really accelerated the excuses from owners to act like they don't make enough money

Reactions: JoelWarlord

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
A small one like this or at the bottom back of the jersey I can probably live with. Just as long as it does not get to the point of some of the more crazy Euro league teams where you are not sure what is a team logo and what is an ad. Or like the quebec Semi pro league...no teams being named after a sponsor like the Saint-Georges Cool Fm 103.5 :ha::D

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm good with it. Knew this was coming.

Watching Laval games, where ads have been on the jerseys for years now, you won't notice them in the game.

It was the same with the helmets. It was a big stink. No one said a thing about them when the games were being played.

I get why they're doing it but I don't like it one bit. I don't care how small the ad is gonna be to start but they should never slap a companies ad on that iconic Habs jersey ever. The Stanley Cup final patch or a patch to honor a recently fallen Habs great is fine but placing a companies ad on that Habs jersey is not fine to me even if it is small.

Placing a small ad on the helmets wasn't really much of an issue for me but placing ads on some of these iconic NHL jersey's is just so very sad to see for me.

I guess I'll be watching any future games after ads have been placed on NHL jersey's on an old black and white 4" TV so I won't have to see them. :)

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Up to the teams, it's not mandated or anything.
It's also not explicitly stated where the ad will be.

The advertisements will be three-inch by 3.5 inches in shape, although it's unclear where exactly they will be placed. The NBA introduced jersey patches ahead of the 2017-18 season which can be seen on the front left shoulder of the uniforms.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Up to the teams, it's not mandated or anything.
It's also not explicitly stated where the ad will be.
Saw that but the "example" jersey in a tweet I saw has it around the area of the C or A of the captain and assistants.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Dont love it, but it was always coming

they have it on the basketball jerseys, its really only noticable on close ups at the free throw line

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
An example Chris Creamer made back in 2015 at sporslogos.net

NHL-jersey-ads-590x343.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad