How Do Flyers Lineup Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think we must trade Vinny or use him in offensive. I listen rumors about trade all the year around, but nothing happenes. I think nobody needs Lecavalier. Most likely he remain in roster. If Vinny in roster, only weak coach can use him in 4th line.

We can start a conversation about Laughton/Causins/anyyoungcenter when Lecavalier will be in other team. But now he is orange-and-black, whether we like it or not.

It doesn't mean he has to play. We are worse team with him playing than him watching in the pressbox.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't want to start a new thread about this item that I just saw on Twitter, but am anxious to get news. Bill M is reporting that Couturier looked hurt on a solo skate and was not in the practice line-up. Bill added that Couturier took a hard slash to the back of the knee from Jarret Stoll in the last game.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't want to start a new thread about this item that I just saw on Twitter, but am anxious to get news. Bill M is reporting that Couturier looked hurt on a solo skate and was not in the practice line-up. Bill added that Couturier took a hard slash to the back of the knee from Jarret Stoll in the last game.

Stoll blatantly slashed him in the back of the knees during one of the games when Couts was just standing in front of the net. Couturier went to the lockerroom for a while but then returned later that game so I figured he was OK. I don't know if there was another injury or if this is related to that but I don't think it's anything too serious since I believe he played at the end of his most recent game. It's not like he got hurt in a game and couldn't return.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Stoll blatantly slashed him in the back of the knees during one of the games when Couts was just standing in front of the net. Couturier went to the lockerroom for a while but then returned later that game so I figured he was OK. I don't know if there was another injury or if this is related to that but I don't think it's anything too serious since I believe he played at the end of his most recent game. It's not like he got hurt in a game and couldn't return.

Thanks. Fingers crossed that there is nothing lingering.

Btw, for accuracy's sake, Bill M retweeted this info from Dave Isaac.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yeah I was at the game, Couturier was posted up in front of the net on the PP. Stoll, being the piece of **** cokehead he is, slashed him in the back of the knee. The play was nowhere near Couturier at the time. The refs missed it, naturally.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder what does the lineup look like for next season? I know is impossible to predict with trades and stuff but whats an educated guess?

Since i'm at worked bored i'll indulge you..

Line 1: Raffl*-Giroux-Voracek
Line 2: Gagner/LW via trade**-Couturier-Simmonds
Line 3: Read-Laughton-Konecny***
Line 4: Porter/VandeVelde/Leier-Bellemare-White

*Raffl is a UFA at the end of the season. I expect him to be extended before then.

**B.Schenn is absent because I expect him to get traded next summer as an RFA. Who we acquire could be a factor in the lineup, possible in Sam Gagners place who could walk as a UFA if we acquire a LW for Schenn.

***Konecny is too good for the AHL and will make the team out of training camp next season.

4th lines are always a crap shoot.

Defense 1A: Del Zotto-Medvedev*
Defense 1B: Morin**-Streit
Defense 3: MacDonald-Gostisbehere***

*Extended for 2 years.
**Makes team out of camp
***Makes team halfway through upcoming season

Schultz traded at this upcoming deadline. His cap hit will be a lot easier to move and Streit may have more value sticking around for his last year to usher in the youth than what we might get in draft picks. However, if a team offers a 1st he is gone and Ghost moves up to pair 2 and Gudas is back in the lineup.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

This is surprising given Don Maloney's comment on Gagner's ability to play center at the nhl level.

Evergreen

This is surprising given Don Maloney's comment on Gagner's ability to play center at the nhl level.

I think he means to put him in the middle at some point during camp to see how he does, not that they are necessarily planning on playing him at center during the season.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Since i'm at worked bored i'll indulge you..

Line 1: Raffl*-Giroux-Voracek
Line 2: Gagner/LW via trade**-Couturier-Simmonds
Line 3: Read-Laughton-Konecny***
Line 4: Porter/VandeVelde/Leier-Bellemare-White

*Raffl is a UFA at the end of the season. I expect him to be extended before then.

**B.Schenn is absent because I expect him to get traded next summer as an RFA. Who we acquire could be a factor in the lineup, possible in Sam Gagners place who could walk as a UFA if we acquire a LW for Schenn.

***Konecny is too good for the AHL and will make the team out of training camp next season.

4th lines are always a crap shoot.

Defense 1A: Del Zotto-Medvedev*
Defense 1B: Morin**-Streit
Defense 3: MacDonald-Gostisbehere***

*Extended for 2 years.
**Makes team out of camp
***Makes team halfway through upcoming season

Schultz traded at this upcoming deadline. His cap hit will be a lot easier to move and Streit may have more value sticking around for his last year to usher in the youth than what we might get in draft picks. However, if a team offers a 1st he is gone and Ghost moves up to pair 2 and Gudas is back in the lineup.

Konecny would be returning to the CHL if he doesn't make it, he is not AHL eligible. I would be surprised if Schultz is traded. They are lacking D that are competent in their own end.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Streit is more likely to be traded, and this season, he's expensive and on the downslope, his primary value is PP QB, and I think they're grooming Ghost to replace him in that role.

Schultz is the inexpensive veteran defensive presence you want with the young D-men.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I’ll tell you one more thing you might not know about my job: You cannot, under any circumstances, tap your stick on the ice to call for a pass, no matter how open you are. I did this once during my first year in Dallas. Brad Richards was my linemate. The guy is one of the best teammates I ever had. Brad was coming down on a rush with the puck and I found some space. I thought I was open, so I started banging my stick on the ice like we were playing street hockey.

When we got back to the bench, he looked over at me and shook his head. Instantly, I realized: Oh, man. Conn Smythe. Stanley Cup. Brad Richards. I think I messed up.

He goes, “Kid, if you ever bang your stick on the ice again, you’ll never get another pass from me.”

Thanks, bud. I still think I’m always open, I just don’t tap my stick anymore.

I guess Lecavalier never learned this.
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/james-neal-predators-sniper/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the slap shot kills young players, the best scorers don't let it rip, they almost "flick it" with a quick wrist shot that doesn't allow the goalie time to gauge where it's coming from and how fast it's going, it's like a QB in football, a rocket arm with a slower release is easier to intercept than an average arm with a quick release.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just read Dave Isaac tweet that he now thinks Laughton will make the team and take Couturier's checking center role.

The first reply is from a guy who says Lecavalier is better suited for the job. :facepalm:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just read Dave Isaac tweet that he now thinks Laughton will make the team and take Couturier's checking center role.

The first reply is from a guy who says Lecavalier is better suited for the job. :facepalm:

lol. It's amazing how uninformed people can be. Casual fan I assume.

Plus, clearly Vinny is more suited for the #2 scoring C role!

jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad