How Do Flyers Lineup Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If they keep Gagner maybe Bellemare moves up to 3LW.

Raffl-G-Voracek
Read-Couturier-BSchenn
Bellemare-Gagner-Simmonds
Umberger-Laughton-White*
Rinaldo/Vinny

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think a vinny for stalberg deal gets done. We might add something like a 6th rounder to make them take it or so. Hopefully they actually just mutually agree to go separate ways.

We still have too many dman and not enough skill. I think hexy looks to add through a trade still a player who can play in the top 9. Not a star but a player who makes underrated contributions. A player like frolik just not at the price he will want.

All in all. I think we are better though next season

SchennSational1022*

Raffl-G-Voracek
Read-Couturier-BSchenn
Umberger-Laughton-White*
Rinaldo/Vinny

I will be heavily dissappointed if we don't move at least 1 of Vinny/Bumberger and Rinaldo is still on the team.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

Raffl-G-Voracek
Read-Couturier-BSchenn
Umberger-Laughton-White*
Rinaldo/Vinny

I hate Laughton on the 4th line. it's a waste to have him there.

top 6 is bang on though, but 3rd line will likely be Umberger-Laughton-Simmonds. 4th line: White-PEB-Cousins/Bell

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Given what we have now, I'd roll with something like this on offense

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Read/Gagner - Couturier - Schenn
Gagner/Read - Laughton - Simmonds
^^^^^ - Bellemare - White

^^^^^ = Vandvelde/Umberger/Vinny

I really like what Vandevelde brought to the team last year. Hard work, penalty killing, forechecking. He and Bellemare played really well together especially when White came on board.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Why is Laughton making the lineup? He showed nothing in the NHL. Piss poor production. He should start in the AHL.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gagner. Does. Not. Play. Left. Wing.

That's why there's probably no room for him unless we plan on making him a center and bumping Laughton down to the 4th line (since I 100% expect him to make the team out of camp).

Why is Laughton making the lineup? He showed nothing in the NHL. Piss poor production. He should start in the AHL.

If you ONLY look at stats I could see why you'd say that. If you watched him play you'd know he's ready. He did everything right except finish, which will obviously improve as he gets experience.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I watched the games and I want to say he sucked, but that would be too strong. He showed zero creativity and tried to do things one on one. The only thing he showed was that he can skate. He did not show me anything that a good fourth line player in cannot do. He is young so I am not saying he is garbage but he should start in the AHL.

SchennSational1022*

I watched the games and I want to say he sucked, but that would be too strong. He showed zero creativity and tried to do things one on one. The only thing he showed was that he can skate. He did not show me anything that a good fourth line player in cannot do. He is young so I am not saying he is garbage but he should start in the AHL.

Berube is that you? :laugh:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

Nope. No creativity at all.

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020554-85-h

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020481-677-h

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020467-532-h

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020453-507-h

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020436-329-h

I could have found more, I just didn't want to. He was also shooting at a 3.9%. That will surely go up.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
I have no problem with Laughton starting on the 4th line. Wasn't that the case with Couturier?
Anyway, with line mates like Bellemare and VDV/White/Umberger the 4th line might be capable of doing at least some damage. And he would be playing exclusively as a center which is nice.
Gagner on the 3rd center so that we might flip him later for picks is also something I support.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-B.Schenn
White-Gagner-Simmonds
Umberger-Bellmare-VV
Rinaldo

Let Cousins or Laughton earn their spot.

Schultz-Streit
Provorov-Medvedev
MDZ-Gudas
AMac

(assuming Provorov makes it). Trade L.Schenn.

Last edited:

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011

In these videos he is trying repeatedly to walk around 1 or 2 or more defensman. The videos also highlight that he is a good skater. Not once in the video so you seem him really using his teammates. You cannot become a good player without that skill. He has not shown that skill at the NHL level. The skating, forchecking and nice 1-1 attempts that lead to weak shots are things good fourth line players provide. His low shooting percentage is a function of that. He should start at the ahl level and work on his game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He produced as much as Bellemare did.

ES points per 60 minutes and OZ start %
Voracek ~ 2.30 ~ 61%
White ~ 1.81 ~ 54%
Raffl ~ 1.74 ~ 57%
Giroux ~ 1.62 ~ 54%
Lecavalier ~ 1.57 ~ 59%
Simmonds ~ 1.52 ~ 53%
Couturier ~ 1.46 ~ 40%
Schenn ~ 1.46 ~ 58%
Read ~ 1.29 ~ 41%
VandeVelde ~ 1.26 ~ 51%
Umberger ~ 1.01 ~ 47%
Laughton ~ 0.85 ~ 51%
Bellemare ~ 0.83 ~ 49%
Rinaldo ~ 0.72 ~ 49%

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
It seems to me that anyone slotting Gagner into the line-up needs to accept two premises:

1) He can't play in the bottom six.
2) He doesn't play LW.

That basically leaves him the on the 2nd line at either C or RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad