How concerned are you that if the Lightning win the Cup that Yzerman will leave for Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbaguette13

May 31, 2018
Lol why the f*** would yzermann go do Detroit it stinks there and i think he doesn't even drive a car pretty sure Yzzerman goes to Mont´real.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
None, and I was a Redwings fan growing up until the Lightning were created. Yzerman works for the best owner in hockey and in a community that loves hockey. Hockeytown can be like Toronto and creates lots of pressure and fake news to generate clicks. I still follow the Wings and they started a mini rebuild a few years back. Draper is the next GM there when Holland steps down. If the team lost all those game sevens in Detroit or Toronto they would have ran Yzerman out of town. Here is HockeyBAY USA or Tampa Bay as we call it, we still trust in the YZERPLAN and are followers of YZLAM. The biggest pressure and rumors he gets here is that EK65 is getting traded to the BOLTS.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I doubt it happens that way, if at all. At some point Yzerman's moves will stop working out as well as they have recently, the same as every other GM, and he'll be fired and immediately hired elsewhere. I'm not so sure that'll be Detroit. I think it's more fans/media wishful thinking than anything based in reality.

I'm not sure Yzerman feels the same loyalty to "the Illitch family" as he felt to Mike and Marian Illitch. And when Yzerman left Detroit, it didn't feel like he was taking a little detour through TB before ultimately living out his dream of being the DRW GM. It was more like he closed that chapter in Detroit and started another one.

I'm not saying Yzerman will never wind up back in Detroit. I'm just saying it'll be a more regular/day-to-day business thing than "the Golden Child" returning home. If the timing works out (Yzerman loses his TB job when there's an opening in Detroit, for instance), it'll probably happen. Otherwise, Yzerman will look at the jobs that are open.

I thought they were going to sign Stamkos to do that!?

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I think he wants to win first, he has built up something and we can contend for a number of years. Makes sense that he wants to try and crown his work with a cup before planning other things.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
I guess I'll continue beating this dead horse with another reason. Yzerman could live in beautiful Tampa Florida with no state taxes and wonderful weather. Or he could live in Detroit, which looks like Fallout in real life. Which one would you pick?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I guess I'll continue beating this dead horse with another reason. Yzerman could live in beautiful Tampa Florida with no state taxes and wonderful weather. Or he could live in Detroit, which looks like Fallout in real life. Which one would you pick?
He was the redwings for 20 years that just does not go away. I’m not saying he leaves the Lightning he probably stays but for sure one day he could be the gm of the redwings down the years.

Reactions: Henkka

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
He was the redwings for 20 years that just does not go away. I’m not saying he leaves the Lightning he probably stays but for sure one day he could be the gm of the redwings down the years.

Why would he leave? Detriot was in it's best years during his time there. He had no reason to as long as they kept winning, and they did. Just like he has zero reason to go back to Detroit now. I say as long as the Lightning are successful then he will remain the GM until he retires.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Why would he leave? Detriot was in it's best years during his time there. He had no reason to as long as they kept winning, and they did. Just like he has zero reason to go back to Detroit now. I say as long as the Lightning are successful then he will remain the GM until he retires.
I think yzerman stays with the lightning another 4-5 years then probably goes back to Detroit to run the redwings because after those years the lightning will need a rebuild.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I don't see why Yzerman, the guy has it made right now. Just because he played his entire career in Detroit? At this point if Yzerman leaves the Bolts (not happening unless they need to rebuild and that's not happening anytime soon), he'll have plenty of options.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

The real Hockeytown for a great hockey mind.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The real Hockeytown for a great hockey mind.

I know right.

hqdefault.jpg

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wonder if he would stay on as an advisor or maybe become President. Get to take extra time with your family. Im sure Vinik would pay him well and his job wouldnt be so stressful. Make it happen Vinik!

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad