How about Mikko Koskinen?

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
He's a goalie.

It's way too early to say if his success will be lasting.

Call back in two seasons.
this my excat thought i rememeber oilers have anders nilsson a few years back at the start of the season having a hot start us oilers fans need to give at least 2 years but its good hes doing good now

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
One of Chia’s few good moves.

The season would probably be over if we rolled with the Talbot/Montoya tandem.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Nice get and a good call by the Oiler's scouting staff (Chia doesn't scout). They have done a lot of good things the last two or three years. He has never played more than 41 games before so they still need Talbot to wake up but he looks like the real deal. I get why they stayed with Talbot last year because he had shown so well in the playoffs but this is what a reliable goalie does for a team.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nice get and a good call by the Oiler's scouting staff (Chia doesn't scout). They have done a lot of good things the last two or three years. He has never played more than 41 games before so they still need Talbot to wake up but he looks like the real deal. I get why they stayed with Talbot last year because he had shown so well in the playoffs but this is what a reliable goalie does for a team.
I agree that it is Chia's staff, but that is controlled by him and it is always the GM that gets final credit for everything, good and bad. He's the guy who has to take the info and gamble with it, and there was risk with Koskinen in that our cap space was tight, and adding a 2.5 AAV no-name was heavily criticized at the time, and it was Chia who got the criticism. It's only fair he now get the credit.

Reactions: GOilers88

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looking at his career what in the world did the Islanders do with him after they drafted him ? He barely played ( stats aren't that terrible in the minors ) in AHL , ECHL and then they just out exiled him to back to Finland . What the hell ? They used a pretty high draftpick in 2009 with #31 to draft him and then just completely gave up on him within a couple of year because he wasn't an NHL goalie in his early 20 yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrThomas

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
He’s having a hot streak. Oilers are a terrible team and have terrible management. Make this thread in March and we’ll see if he’s actually a decent goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad