Horvat: “Yeah, that's definitely a no-go on the road. No more Fortnite.”

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
But your response is a stance against drinking all together. Nobody banned them from playing video games all together. Drinking can be really bad for you, but teams aren't telling their players to go out drinking all night, or even go out and get intoxicated. That's the point you're missing. You're trying to compare them as if the team is allowing all that.

I think his point might be that before video games were so popular that this is what players were doing. This isn't really a surprise and you can listen to many different players talk about it.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think his point might be that before video games were so popular that this is what players were doing. This isn't really a surprise and you can listen to many different players talk about it.

I think organizations are stricter these days, with curfew and team policies. I don't see them giving a pass to players going back to finding something else to do, as in drinking and partying.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I'm sure a lot of players do balance it, but the issue comes from the ones that don't, which makes it a problem. Like I said, maybe the punishment of no video games on the road is a bit harsh, but it's become an issue with players.
I would rather have a team-wide ban than to single out a few players for their behavior and embarrass them. And I think it's become more of an issue than people would assume.

Again, what makes sense for us might not make sense for a professional athlete. Being tired, less mentally alert doesn't make much of a difference to OUR day to day lives, but a split second would make a huge difference to an athlete.

This is much a-do about nothing imo. Players are still allowed to play video games at home, so it's not like they're banning "team bonding" all together.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
That just ain't a good game for goalies. They should play this instead.

upload_2018-10-2_20-5-15.png

Reactions: shmotz

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I swear if I see a player do the floss dance after a goal I quit life

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The prospect wasn't/isn't Juolevi. If Juolevi had the full summer to get/keep his conditioning up he would've had a good shot to make the team. He'll play in the NHL later this year.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

I think this lends credence to the idea that Juolevi was probably the prospect whose career was recently reported as being in jeapordy due to a video game addiction.

It was actually Pettersson who said he loves Fortnite, and no, the prospect that was reportedly addicted to games was a prospect in the CHL last year.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
They already confirmed numerous times it wasnt him.

The guy who started this story flat out said it wasnt him.

people just want to have a Canuck prospect as a punching bag. It's already reported it's a CHL prospect.

Personally I think what he said is a sign of a good leader. telling the team to bond rather then sticking to their phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: nucks88

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm sure a lot of players do balance it, but the issue comes from the ones that don't, which makes it a problem. Like I said, maybe the punishment of no video games on the road is a bit harsh, but it's become an issue with players.

No it's not neither drinking nor video games should be banned but if you are going to ban one of them you ban the FAR more dangerous of the 2

They didn't do that that my stance if anything is a stance against stupidity

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Meanwhile in Leaf land today.. Dubas on letting players do as they want as the teams already take them away from their lives for 9 months of the year.

unknown.png

Reactions: Peanut

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
video games can be hella addictive. not only that I experienced time dilation playing them too. had to quit them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad