GDT: Honoring the GOAT: HHOF Game, Devils @ Maple Leafs, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dedicating a couple hours to watch that is such a chore. I'd rather be at work honestly. At least I would have been productive during that time.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The only redeeming thing about tonight is the view from my place.

Toronto.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the third blowout in like 10 days and the third time in like 6 games. 2 of them were games we jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Then we had the 3 other games (I think?) where we were up in the 3rd and got no points in 2 of them and lost in the OT in the other one. 2 of them were way back in October and the other was 9 nights ago in Detroit. And of course, those crushing Sens went back to getting right back to getting shellacked again last night.

This just looks like a team that's about to go off the rails 2016-2017 style if this doesn't end soon. And by end, I mean we need to put a streak together and not just a random isolated win or two like Florida and Pittsburgh.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, we give out so many odd man rushes..the system is failing
I've never been a fan of this system, outside of the fact that it does seem to help us generate scoring chances, but it also seems like one that's prone to allowing a lot of them the other way. I've always thought Hynes system was similar to what AV and Carlyle do. Just about cashing in on opportunistic scoring chances, while holding on for dear life at the other end.

It's MUCH more effective at scoring goals than the DeBoer system, I'll give it that much, but it leads to a lot of shots and pucks being sent the other way.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The system works fine when the players don't have their heads up their asses and force shit passes or turn the puck over all the time.

Reactions: tr83

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I witnessed enough horrible and/or telegraphed drop passes in 60 minutes of hockey tonight to last a lifetime.

EDIT:

Oh, and that "pass it back" thing on the PowerPlay? LOL. The Leafs knew the Devils were going to do it before the Devils did. Several of them were nearly intercepted (and at least 1 was). Stick a fork in that "tactic", it's done. And not a moment too soon, because I hate it. Once 1 team learns how to "defeat" a strategy, virtually every other team will watch film and learn to do the same.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Johansson continues to be disappointing here. I think he's making a very easy case for us to not bring him back next year, and maybe find another type like from a cap strapped team for a 2nd round pick.

I think he'll Beau Bennetted and let go. In the best case scenario we're in a playoff spot and we keep him and let him walk. In the worst case scenario for the team, we're out of it and ship him at the deadline. I don't see anything to justify a long term contract for him. Just 19 points in 45 games as a Devil, 3 of those playoffs games.It was a great trade, but it's not working out and he shouldn't be extended here.

Not to mention, it's still early to know, but he could experience a drop off from his concussion last year. It could be ugly if we sign him after this year. I figure if he don't get 50 points (minimum 45) then what the f*** would we sign him for? And if he doesn't play enough games to even score 45-50 points, then that's another reason to stay away, with what happened last year and then more games missed this year. He was actually very healthy throughout his career up until last season.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
There have not been much positive in these games. Reminds me of Jmac era. Last year you knew Devils can win even if down by 2 before 3rd. This year its back to how are they gonna lose this one. They are playing so f***ing horribly you dont even want to watch for the love of the sport. They are just being tossed around and outplayed. Proving the consensus that last year was a complete fluke.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This is the third blowout in like 10 days and the third time in like 6 games. 2 of them were games we jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Then we had the 3 other games (I think?) where we were up in the 3rd and got no points in 2 of them and lost in the OT in the other one. 2 of them were way back in October and the other was 9 nights ago in Detroit. And of course, those crushing Sens went back to getting right back to getting shellacked again last night.

This just looks like a team that's about to go off the rails 2016-2017 style if this doesn't end soon. And by end, I mean we need to put a streak together and not just a random isolated win or two like Florida and Pittsburgh.

They're already off the rails. they aren't coming back from this.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
I'm just so sad, I was expecting them to continue or at least maintain their progress from last year. It's starting to get to that point again where I become numb to losses like this because I'm expecting it. Anyways, looks like I'll be playing close attention to the draft this year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
For as much shit as MoJo gets, I'm far more disappointed in Wood. He scored 19 goals last year and after the contract thing I expected him to come out flying, Instead he's looked like the same neutered Wood from after his suspension last year.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
For as much **** as MoJo gets, I'm far more disappointed in Wood. He scored 19 goals last year and after the contract thing I expected him to come out flying, Instead he's looked like the same neutered Wood from after his suspension last year.

I dont understand the hype Wood and Bratt have on this board. Two average players, 3rd liners on a proper team. Thank god we have Shero who understands that.

Reactions: cris10

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Ok so i haven't looked at the score. Judging my the responses in the last page we lost. will not be watching the replay.

How did Bratt look? and did the Nose play?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hynes really needs to go, as does Nasreddine. What a tease that 4 - 0 start was.

You cant keep letting this drag on like this. IDC about playoffs at this point, I just dont want our young core pieces getting destroyed mentally.

The coaching staff is just clueless. The defense plays like garbage game in game out, and are just bleeding goals against, and what does Hynes do?Shake up the young forwards, leave the D in tact.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For as much **** as MoJo gets, I'm far more disappointed in Wood. He scored 19 goals last year and after the contract thing I expected him to come out flying, Instead he's looked like the same neutered Wood from after his suspension last year.

Was taking it easy on Wood a bit because people were giving him the benifit of the doubt with his goose egg for all those games because he was putting shots on net (even though very few were any good).

That has run his course. He has looked ineffective all year. A massive step back for him as a player. Not close to living up to that contract he held out for.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I dont understand the hype Wood and Bratt have on this board. Two average players, 3rd liners on a proper team. Thank god we have Shero who understands that.
I mean, was Wood ever anything more than a 3rd liner on this team? He's really not been played as anything more.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad