GDT: Homestand Begins and Ends with Ottawa, 1/9/2024 @ 7:00 PM Mountain Time

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
This reads like you did Netflix and chill sexy time with your lady?
The name of the show fits this narrative: TWISTED METAL.

Twisted steel & sex appeal baby. Haha.

But nah she's been sick all week. I've been juking and jiving her coughing fits like Neo in the matrix.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

But nah she's been sick all week. I've been juking and jiving her coughing fits like Neo in the matrix.

That just makes it seem like your "come back to a banger" comment seem a little more accurate. :naughty:

EDIT: My apologies if I went too far with the joke. But I understand. I too was dodging illness from my wife all December until I got taken down in January. I just started 10 days of antibiotics. It's pretty brutal.

Last edited:

Khrox

May 31, 2018
He gave me a $50 Keg card.
Maybe it's just me, but I would 100% take the $25 Fatburger card over the $50 Keg card (I've just personally had pretty poor experiences every time I've been to the Keg, and have always been happy with my Fatburger)

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Refs showering themselves in glory in this one.

I wanted to yell through the screen at Hrudey. The rule wasn't ever about players intentionally flipping the puck out of play. It is there to create risk in what is otherwise a very low risk zone exit strategy. This then incentivizes riskier plays, which leads to more offensive chances.
Yes it was about the players, back before the rule defenders would regularly shoot pucks out of play on purpose, it was a significant problem

You call it spinning bullshit. I call it something that's possible. I'm not the only one here that thinks this. Something is definitely affecting his play.
More likely it's people like you making assumptions about him being a rapist. You started this shit before the puck was dropped on the season.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Go flam. And for "dinner" (I didn't have lunch) I made a BELT w cheese sandwich. It was delicious. I went to Walmart to pick up some groceries and am proud I didn't stop at a&w on the way back. Lol. Knew I had bacon that needed cooking and coupled with organic free range eggs it sounded like a good time for a modified bltc
The BLT is a highly underrated sandwich. Never tried one with egg.

Coleman has never scored like this and is already 32 it would be foolish to not move him especially with the number of vets we already have
Trade him or give him a letter.

There is no middle ground.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I really liked Season 1 of Twisted Metal

They shouldn’t be this bad. Weird franchise
I don't understand why so many expected different... their goaltending is dog shit, and to replace a solid Talbot they overpaid in dollars and term for a lesser goalie

Reactions: Bounces R Way

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Nice to see the win. Thought the huberdeau-lindy-sharangovich line actually looked good from what I saw.

Zary continues to beast.

Coleman has never scored like this and is already 32 it would be foolish to not move him especially with the number of vets we already have
I wouldn’t disagree. If teams are offering firsts you take the futures. He’s almost certainly not repeating this season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Dube Dube Doo I'm not into BLTs myself as I can't stand tomatoes, but I've had grilled cheese egg-splosion and a cheeseburger eggs-plosion and both were delicious. In either you cut a circle out of the sandwich or hamburger patty and fry an egg in the circle. If you do the egg overeasy, the yolk explodes when you take a bite.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I know Ottawa has often handed our ass to us recently but I think they should also be a warning sign for Flames fans who want a torn down to the wood style rebuild. You don't always get what you pay for. Flames played well and were the better team I thought, although the individual mistakes were egregious. Will also add there was some very suspect NHL officiating going on in this game, but what else is new.

Great - Hanifin was flying. I've always been kinda lukewarm but if he wants to stay I hope they consider keeping him. He's not Makar, Hughes, Fox, or McAvoy but he is a very solid young defenseman. Having said that they should definitely also consider trading him. Recognize what your team needs and trade from a position of strength to address it.

Good - Didn't really have a problem with anyone in the top 9 fwd group this game. Thought all 3 lines put in a nice effort.
Kadri-kid line one of their better games in a while, strong performance from all three players. Pospisil nice work killer. More Zary snipage
Lindholm line some turnovers but loved their work on the Shara goal
MBC - cycling monsters. Generated many slot chances.
Despite the puck going in off his knee his 2nd shift I thought Kuznetsov played well. Simple&effective. Very nice edgework for a kid his size and age, stayed with some of the top 6 fwds for the Sens well. Like the way he moved and hope he's in next game.

Pretty good - Markstrom little more frantic this game but I've always liked the way he battles. Didn't love the Tkachuk goal, and there were some leakers but he for the most part was big and aggressive. DeSimone one very bad turnover, but otherwise looked the part. Chris Tanev is a treasure and I will miss him. Greer & Duehr maybe would have wanted a little more physicality but they were skating well.

Not bad - Fan of the kid but didn't love Ruz in this one, bad pass on the PP cleared it for the Sens and defensively hustled to get back but missed several assignments.

WTF are you braindead morons doing - Weegar-Andersson a gongshow mess. Markstrom bailed each out at least twice.

Also congrats to Mikael Backlund for tying Gio 2nd all time in GP for the Calgary Flames
this man is 100% class

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yes it was about the players, back before the rule defenders would regularly shoot pucks out of play on purpose, it was a significant problem

More likely it's people like you making assumptions about him being a rapist. You started this shit before the puck was dropped on the season.

Agreed. It was to prevent stuff like players flipping the puck out on purpose for a stop and then starting a brawl IIRC.

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but whether or not Dube was involved, I'd believe that just being part of the core investigation is distracting enough. Either way, I do agree I don't enjoy this topic popping up, especially since Roni is also dealing with something similar.

@Dube Dube Doo I'm not into BLTs myself as I can't stand tomatoes, but I've had grilled cheese egg-splosion and a cheeseburger eggs-plosion and both were delicious. In either you cut a circle out of the sandwich or hamburger patty and fry an egg in the circle. If you do the egg overeasy, the yolk explodes when you take a bite.

My mom used to make me a sandwich like this. Over easy egg with soy sauce and pepper in a sandwich. Squeeze over plate to get the yolk into the bread and then dab the yolk that drips out like a sauce.

Something simple like that was so good. I can see how much more complex sandwiches are even more amazing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agreed. It was to prevent stuff like players flipping the puck out on purpose for a stop and then starting a brawl IIRC.

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but whether or not Dube was involved, I'd believe that just being part of the core investigation is distracting enough. Either way, I do agree I don't enjoy this topic popping up, especially since Roni is also dealing with something similar.
Dube was captain of that team and even though it was a national team where leadership doesn't really translate to off the ice, lots of people look at him as the "leader" and that has to be distracting.

The reality is, we're probably never going to know anything because based on what I've heard the victim didn't even want this investigation and the NHL can't do anything unless the police do something.

People need to stop bringing it up, because it doesn't add anything constructive.

I'm all for believing victims, but that doesn't appear to be the case here, she seems to want to protect her privacy. Without her or law enforcement naming names, it's irresponsible for people to toss around innuendo and accusations as it could ruin someone's life.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Show me where I called him a rapist?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Holy shit you called it

Oh man, I've been so tired recently from overwork I fell asleep at right about game start. I just finished watching the game now - looks like my time machine is functioning properly haha. Thanks for acknowledgement of my lucky guess.

Feels like a W tonight. I concur with this 6-3 prediction. Assassination time on the Sens.

Looks like you called it too lol

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
For my fellow non Albertan residing fans that don't pay for center ice, it's still on free preview. Just tuned in myself.

Guess I should ask. Do most people in here still have traditional cable? Most of my similar aged 40+ yr old friends do not.

I'm the nerd in the room that still pays for the full cable/internet package (living in BC though). I watch way too much TV. I also have the NHL centre ice package.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Markstrom seems extra floppy tonight lol
Senators look like they have no structure whatsoever.

Man, they keep showing this Fatburger commercial. I don't think we have any locations in Ontario, but damn that looks really tasty.

Totally agree about that commercial lol

Reactions: Boomstick

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm the nerd in the room that still pays for the full cable/internet package (living in BC though). I watch way too much TV. I also have the NHL centre ice package.
Yeah I have the place I'm renting at included with Rogers Ignite. I'm actually surprised that even with my Crunchyroll, Prime, and Disney+ subscriptions how much TV I still watch.

Oh and now a Marvel Unlimited comic subscription. XD

Just reading through some Hulk stuff and I kept hearing a notification sound. I was like wtf. Saw it was you on here, Tof. You nailed that prediction, all I did was piggyback hahaha.

• Love
Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Yeah I have the place I'm renting at included with Rogers Ignite. I'm actually surprised that even with my Crunchyroll, Prime, and Disney+ subscriptions how much TV I still watch.

Oh and now a Marvel Unlimited comic subscription. XD

Just reading through some Hulk stuff and I kept hearing a notification sound. I was like wtf. Saw it was you on here, Tof. You nailed that prediction, all I did was piggyback hahaha.

My favorite channel is Metv out of the US, I believe Washington state. Anyway it's just got tons of old television programming, probably the best lineup - better than Pluto. I'm a sucker in particular for sci-fi Saturday nights (Svengoolie, Bat-Man, Star Trek and Kolchak specifically). I record most NHL games I want to see but find I'm only getting through a few a night now (I check the scores except for my home-team flames). I'm also a bit of a need for old movies and cartoons like Scooby-Doo.

I'm also a fan of the free movie streaming app (with ads) called Tubi. Throw in Amazon/Prime and Netflix I'm overloaded haha.

The last couple of UFC ppvs have been a bit disappointing. Those are added expenses I can see why I stopped buying a few years ago (I'd be inclined to more if there were some decent Canadian fighters like used to dominate the sport).

I don't watch a ton of Marvel though those ads for Echo look interesting, tempting me.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm also a fan of the free movie streaming app (with ads) called Tubi. Throw in Amazon/Prime and Netflix I'm overloaded haha.

The last couple of UFC ppvs have been a bit disappointing. Those are added expenses I can see why I stopped buying a few years ago (I'd be inclined to more if there were some decent Canadian fighters like used to dominate the sport).

I don't watch a ton of Marvel though those ads for Echo look interesting, tempting me.
Tubi is shockingly good. The minute I found Hannibal on it.. I was like, I'm in! Then I remember getting really high and watching foreign Thai cop flicks. Just insanely over the top and crazy lmao.

Can't wait for Aspinall to fight again. I'll also admit.. as much as McGregor pisses me off at times.. him knocking Chandler out would be hilarious for me. I think I'd love that XD.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Also whenever Weili fights again I wanna see if it's the same level of dominance as her last. She hit the poor woman like 200 times compared to being hit like 20. Some crazy stat. I remember watching it and getting pumped uuuuup.

Here we go:

spoiler-co-main-event-fight-stats-v0-rvmlw1m727jb1.png

• Wow

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Tubi is shockingly good. The minute I found Hannibal on it.. I was like, I'm in! Then I remember getting really high and watching foreign Thai cop flicks. Just insanely over the top and crazy lmao.

Can't wait for Aspinall to fight again. I'll also admit.. as much as McGregor pisses me off at times.. him knocking Chandler out would be hilarious for me. I think I'd love that XD.

Yeah Tubi is an absolute gem. I'm quite a horror fan and the service has the absolute vault, along with a massive lineup of grindhouse and other old movies. They also have quite a few new(ish) films like Bone Tomahawk (which is one of my favorites of all time) and the gore Terrifier series. I think they may be offering a pay option to eliminate ads (not 100% sure about that), but really hope they always maintain the free option as a couple of ads In a movie ain't so bad.

Looking forward to Aspinal fighting again too lol. Would love to see a Chandler KO as well. McGregor sure looks different, must have had a lot of plastic surgery wirh his millions. I was glad Edward's beat Colby but wish it were a KO.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Looking forward to Aspinal fighting again too lol. Would love to see a Chandler KO as well. McGregor sure looks different, must have had a lot of plastic surgery wirh his millions. I was glad Edward's beat Colby but wish it were a KO.
Colby disappointed in not looking good. I wanted him to be knocked out as well.. but it would have been epic to have him look half okayish and then get knocked the f*** out in front of trump. Kinda like "see, his best isn't shit". What happened was like.. ah, here we go.. excuses will follow and he'll ride the bullshit even more. It pissed me off seeing him look awful. Cuz it gave the perfect out. Same with Izzy even though I don't hate Izzy. I would have liked a good fight not what I saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3