GDT: HOME OPENER - Jets vs Kings - 7:00 pm CT - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
These past 2 days felt like a month to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of fast Laine tonight.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
The Kings aren't the fastest, but they're big, highly skilled and might be the best grinding team in the league.

If we play their game, they'll beat us. We have to stick to speed and be relentless on the forecheck.

Ehlers woke up in game 3 last year and I'm expecting that to happen again tonight.

Reactions: GNP

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Just want the Jets to show up, the disappearing act they did in only the second game of the season was troubling!

They've been apparently playing as a clan online to 2-3am. Now they need some clan co-op in the home rink.

It's Laine's off-year anyway, as long as they perform as a team I will forgive those endless Fortnite-sessions by #29, easily.

Reactions: sipowicz

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Their goalie campbell played well against Detroit.

That Wagner guy is quick. Got behind and had few breakways.

Kovi looks like he can play still.

Just like Dallas they are top heavy.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Was out of town all weekend, haven't been able to watch a game yet this year so I am very excited to go watch this one.

Are we still playing the same stupid PK system as last year? I know the final results were fairly good last year but that system is relying way to heavily on Helly, really hope they at least switch it up a bit.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just play better.

We won and lost this season, but we still have not played well. This team can win when we play our B or C or even D game, but if we want to actually be a player in the SC convo, we need to consistently play our A or B game.

We have a ways to go to even get to 'B'

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hoping 2 of the Jets best player are given some ice time!

Linemates dont matter.

But if you have a player that torch a certain team and you are chasing and he is playing well. You play him , hey coach M :)

Whoever is playing great this game. Use him!
If you need a goal. Use the 2nd deadliest weapon in the league.
Dont waste him sitting on the bench.

This game will be a text book Jets game.
Start of a looooooooong winning streak..

Go Jets Go

Reactions: Scheifelaine
Nov 24, 2006
Hey Maurice , how about no Scheif and Wheeler killing penalties , we have other forwards on this team that can do that job . Then Scheif and Wheeler might have more energy to do what they do best , score .
I agree with you here, it was maddening to see these guys blocking shots last year. But then we had 114 points so IDK.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
It'll be low scoring....

However.My hope is to see SOMETHING from Little and Laine.... My patience with this line is wearing thin...Didn't do anything last year and hasn't yet, either.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
Was out of town all weekend, haven't been able to watch a game yet this year so I am very excited to go watch this one.

Are we still playing the same stupid PK system as last year? I know the final results were fairly good last year but that system is relying way to heavily on Helly, really hope they at least switch it up a bit.

You mean the passive, stand around and try to get your ankles in the way of bombs from the perimeter? Yup.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

No Lemieux after all

tumblr_inline_mvv90fWBnr1razod5.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think they will need this one if they want to get 6 points in the first 5 games. Home openers with all the pomp are usually tough on the home teams and the home fans (drop the puck).

Hopefully tonight’s the night the team starts skating but I usually don’t panic until game 10. Line combinations are so over rated on our board it’s a joke. We need the team to show up on time and play with speed, when that happens we tend to win with any line combinaions.

Same thing with penalties refs don’t have it out for us and the officials are equally ****ty to all 31 teams. When we play slow and dopey we take allot of penalties and we deserve most of them. When we play fast mentally and physically we take way less penalties.

It’s game 3 and in case anyone has missed it the entire league is still pretty crazy right now so we just need to hang in.

Oh yea and have fun........I have to remember this is suppose to be fun.....:sarcasm:

Good post PS - particularly the stuff about the penalties. The bad penalties are the ones that come from trying to recover from being outskated/outplayed.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
One of those games where making it into a track meet heavily favors the Jets. If it's a high tempo game the Kings won't be able to keep up. They aren't very fast. If the Jets get trapped in their own zone (I'm looking at the Roslovic line..) it could be a long night of being smothered.

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
It's finally time for a proper True North! :thumbu:

I had a dream (and I don't usually have dreams about hockey or even Laine :laugh:) where Laine scored twice in less than 30 seconds. It must have been the first or the third period, don't remember the first goal but the second was a snap shot from between the "lower" (goalie's left) face-off circle and the goal crease.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Blake Wheeler & Tyler Myers.

Coach Maurice: Status of Jacob Trouba? Any lineup changes tonight? On the lone home game. What are excitement levels like in the room for a home opener? How does he handle the heightened expectations? Does discipline need to be addressed? What has he liked about his team in the first couple of games and any areas of concerns? On why the pace didn't get going in Dallas. What will give him an indication that the Ehlers/Little/Laine is working? On the high scores around the league and whether this trend will continue. Did he see anything different from Ehlers in the first couple of games than what he saw from pre-season? The progress/development in Kyle Connor's game.

To listen click here.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Just don't sh*t the bed please! All the Kings fans at my office will be unbearable with the amount of trash I talked last season :laugh:

What goes around comes around :laugh:

A good reason to have some mercy towards fans of teams that do suck.

Just wondering if it's a bit different on eg. Winnipeg where "everyone" should root for the Jets when compared to my home town where we have two FEL teams and all 32 or so NHL teams to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad